Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 21, 2009

Sneak Peek: MAC Naked Honey Collection Review, Swatches, and First Impressions

As June quickly approaches so does the release of MAC Naked Honey, an exciting new, buzz worthy (get it? buzz! I'm such a damn comedian aren't I?) collection. I'm always quite the little fan girl for MAC Summer Collections and so far I am loving
all I have seen from both MAC Naked Honey and MAC Style Warriors.




I'll be giving you a very brief sneaky peek from MAC Naked Honey after the jump!

With plenty of golds and bronze on the menu MAC Naked Honey is most definitely Summer-worthy cosmetic goodness. It is a small amount of color in this collection thought and most of the release concentrating on plenty of interesting body care items such as shower gels, lotions, potions, etc....

I did a quickie look yesterday using three items from the MAC Naked Honey launch that I got to test out. So far I like what I see. I tried out MAC High-light Powder in Golden Nectar, MAC Lipglass in Buzz, and MAC Eye Shadow in Creme de Miel.

Two MAC High-Light Powders are being released, Golden Nectar being the darker shade of the two. Regardless if it's dark or not it was flattering on me. You can easily double this up as a contouring tool if you desire and even a bronzer if you want. It's a deep, bronze shade with a hint of golden shimmer. Sadly thought the golden shimmer is only an over spray and for the most part the powder did apply matte to my cheeks. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing as I did like the way it looked on. I used it as a blush/bronzer combo on my cheeks in the below picture.












Three MAC Lipglasses shades will release with MAC Naked Honey one of which I tried was Buzz. Another fine Summer shade as it's a dark copper that hints at being almost brown, very nice when paired up with Golden Nectar.










And finally I tried out MAC Eyeshadow in Creme De Miel which is a velvety gold shade. This applies a tad chalky but for the most part it blends out nicely and can be paired with fabulous coppery, bronze looks. Below I used it on it's own on my lids.








Overall, I like what I've seen so far from MAC Naked Honey and I look forward to testing out the rest to see what I'll haul from this collection.








What do you think so far of MAC Naked Honey?

Wanting Naked Honey?

Maybe you're lemming Style Warriors more?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanting the creme de miel desperately! might have to score some after the wedding.

May 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Naomi @ Beauticology.com said...

Wanting! Funnily enough, I am wanting more of the non-makeup parts though. The balm, wash etc. all look really appealing!

Does the makeup smell like honey?

I'm a little annoyed that(yet again) the highlighter has the glitter over the top only.

May 21, 2009 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Dear Muse,

I'm jealous!

Green Eyed Cosmetic Junkie

puah hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thanks for the swatchies!! I plan on buying it ALL!! MINE! MINE!! hehe!

May 22, 2009 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey greyeye!

Are you getting married?

Congrats if so :-D

May 22, 2009 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

naomi,

I'd kill if it did smell of honey. I was kinda all hyped about that :-D I was curious if it might but no go sadly.

I didn't like the salve so far...it's more of a perfumey floral honey rather than a sweet, toffee like honey. but I am tempted to try the wash etc...see if that's nicer :-D

May 22, 2009 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL Tammy!!!!!!!!!! indeed a sophisticated addict am I ;D

May 22, 2009 at 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll check out Golden Nectar once it's released. I like using powder bronzers, but every brand I've used has always made me break out. The closest I can use as a bronzer is drugstore pressed powders in darker shades :/

May 22, 2009 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger kirkichi said...

I'm really only interested in pollinator eyeshadow from this collection... Have you seen it yet? I have to wait 'til July here in the UK :(

May 22, 2009 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger hiromix said...

ah, i like this collection. i'll have to find out at the counter how it is. waiting for the korea release ^^ thx for the swatches and fotd

May 23, 2009 at 12:57 AM  
Blogger Naomi @ Beauticology.com said...

Oh really? :(

That would have been such a winner if it was honey scented!

Sounds like this is one collection where I am going to need to go in-store rather than buy online, just in case it doesn't appeal in real life.

Thanks for the updates! Keep us posted on the rest of the collection if you get it! xx

May 24, 2009 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

aw sorry to hear anonymous.

One of my favs is the ud baked...have you tried that?

May 27, 2009 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi kirsty!

Not yet but looking forward to it myself :-D

Damn late release :(

May 27, 2009 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi hiromix

my pleasure hun :-D I think it's a nice selection of goodies...kinda nice to have a smaller color story this time around!

May 27, 2009 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

I wish Naomi :-D

It's rather small so that's a good thing not much to decide on :-D


Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!

May 27, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home