Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 1, 2009

Shiseido SpotCover Foundation Review

Ok, so you need coverage. You need to conceal those dark circles, mask that evil pimple popping up on your chin, and rid yourself of possible acne scarring. No worries, the Muse is on the case with Shiseido SpotCover Foundation.




Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound while concealing all your problem areas Shiseido SpotCover Foundation is exactly what the Muse wanted and hoped for from Erase Paste. Shiseido SpotCover Foundation is from the FT Shiseido line of products available in Japanese drugstores. This branch of Shiseido is not available within the US but can be located on a few online shops.








Shiseido SpotCover Foundation is a multitasking product for concealing or as a base makeup item. It's extremely thick and very pigmented. If you have alot to hide this would be your go to product for making your skin look beautiful again.

For concealing under eye circles it works a treat but it's a tad too heavy. It's heavily pigmented so it pretty much covers everything up, I imagine it could possibly cover tattoos with proper blending skills. Although it works incredible under my eyes I did notice it settled into fine lines easily and dried out my eyes a tiny bit. In it's defense I will say my eyes are getting to a point where I have to be extra careful what I use under them due to my age (yes the Muse is fairly old now). The formula is an interesting combination of being creamy and slightly whipped. It blends well enough when using on the face although a tiny little bit goes a very long way. I can't stress enough how very thick this so if you do indulge please use caution during application.




The product retails in Japan for 1,200 yen but I discovered it for a nice deal on my favorite site iMomoko for $14.99 USD so that was quite a good deal. Rather than yammer to friends in Japan to get it for me I just dished out the $14.99 as that's a rather good price and not too heavily jacked up from retail.

The Muse thinks you'd like this if:

  • You love thick, heavy foundations and concealers.
  • You have alot to hide and you need a pigmented foundation/concealer to hide it all.

I'd like to love this product but the thickness of the formula prevents me from really enjoying it as it's a tad too much. I'm going to revisit it though over the next few weeks and see if end up loving it. Definitely a good find for anyone who desires full on coverage.

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger serenity. said...

I LOVE THIS SHIT! shiseido's optimal cover concealer is also pretty damn good. i love it when you post entries about shiseido because i am the ultimate shiseido fiend. i use the whole line of elixir superieur skincare, shiseido is my alltime favorite brand for skincare!

May 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

I MUST HAVE IT. Facial scarring be gone! Muse you are seriously damaging my bank account. When my bank manager calls I'm blaming it all on you. Mind you it's less expensive than my usual EL Double Wear & MAC Studio Fix. I'll definitley be trying this one. I've almost blown my entire 3 month cosmetics budget in one week. Ah well.. keep it coming!

May 1, 2009 at 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Janet said...

Oooh, I'm intrigued. Do you ever sell your makeup that you don't use? I can't imagine what your collection must look like.

May 1, 2009 at 8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayvid: Aaarghhh, Muse! Once again I have been sucked in by your review and ordered it from imomoko. However I also ordered my DHC cleansing oil bottles and ended up getting free shipping. Me likes that site! Thanks!

May 2, 2009 at 1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this last all day? I have this birthmark I like to cover-up and this looks like a great foundation @ a cheap price.. My skin type = slightly oily on the cheeks and def oily on the t-zone. thanks so much! I love love love your reviews, keep them up!

May 2, 2009 at 2:22 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thank goodness you found it! I heard that they had discontinued it. Yay now I get to buy it. Thanks!

May 2, 2009 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi serenity!

LOL your enthusiasm knows no bounds :-D

It's not my hg brand but I hear shiseido too but I have a feeling not as much as you lovie :-D

May 5, 2009 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi lucy!

LOL sorry hun I damage my own too don't feel bad :-D lol by all means blame me :-D

LOL damn girl :-D have fun!

happy hauling :-D

May 5, 2009 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi janet.

I have a sale page it's listed above my header. hope this helps.

May 5, 2009 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Kayvid

yay well done. Yes her free shipping makes things well worth it :-D

May 5, 2009 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

not all day no but about 5 hours ot so. With proper prepping probably longer. I think this would work great at covering your birthmark :-D it's quite heavy though for oily skin so def be careful how much you use!

aw thanks glad you enjoy 'em :D

big hugs!

May 5, 2009 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol lisa super :-D glad I helped unintentionally!

May 5, 2009 at 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi muse!

im nc20 in mac, do you think the lightest spotscover will be a good shade for me, or will it be too dark? i think they only have 2 or 3 shades, and they all seem to run dark, was wondering if the lightest shade would work? TY!

May 6, 2009 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

I love when you review concealers!! have you ever thought about reviewing NYX's concealer in a jar? I love that stuff! and its only 5 USD!

May 7, 2009 at 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi muse! just wondering, if im NC20, which shade (if any) in spotcover will match me? i saw the line IRL once but they all seemed to run kinda dark, was wondering if the shade you bought was light enough? Thanks!

May 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

mmmm it might work for you anonymous although it might be a tad dark. you might be able to get by though.

I don't have nc20 handy otherwise I'd swatch for you!

May 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sher!

:-D I got it and will do one soon! Def a good deal for $5!!!!!

May 12, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home