Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 29, 2009

Lorac Summer Collection 2009: Lorac Baked Matte Satin Eye Shadow and Lorac Baked Matte Satin Blush


Lorac The Muse sometimes doesn't give you enough tender, loving, care. Please don't take offense, I do so adore you but sometimes you get pushed to the back corner but have no fear you have my utmost attention this Summer with all your delightful baked goodies.

Lorac introduces two brand new baked goodies with it's Summer Collection. Introducing Lorac Baked Matte Satin Eye Shadow and Lorac Baked Matte Satin Blush, I know, I know matte! Try not to panic! I promise we are all going to be ok.

Matte scares a Muse and probably scares about 99% of you as well. But I must say that both the Lorac Baked Matte Satin Eye Shadow and Lorac Baked Matte Satin Blush look utterly dreamy and possibly easy to blend especially since they are baked which makes them extra silky smooth plus "satin" is in the name!

I'm partial to the Lorac Baked Matte Satin Blush available in three shades for $24 USD each...I could cope with gathering up all three for my very own!


Shades available:
  • Exposed (Peachy Pink)
  • Hollywood (Bronzed Rose)
  • Velvet Rose (Plum Rose)

It's probably safe to say Lorac could probably talk me into purchasing two or three of it's brand new Baked Matte Satin Eye Shadows as well available in 5 shades for $22 USD each.


Shades available:
  • Chic (White)
  • Drama (Charcoal)
  • Insider (Deep Blue)
  • Posh (Nude)
  • Social (Brown)

Well, hello there Posh and Social! The Muse happens to be both very posh and very social (at least she likes to think she is) so you're perfect for her.

All in all I think I like the looks of these even though "matte" is thrown around. They look quite silky and very pigmented! The Muse must get to Sephora and pick up a few for review. Keep it tuned here for the good word. It's ok to admit that matte is where it's at sometimes.

Wants 'em?

Loves 'em?

Tell me!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Prestige Cosmetics makes baked eyeshadows and blushes that are deceptively similar for a fraction of the price; often you can get them in BOGO or BOGO 1/2 off, or even, Buy Two, Get One Free deals. I purchased three such baked eyeshadows at Ulta for $11 and change, thanks to a sales promotion and a coupon.

April 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

While I am not a fan of mattes, Fyrinnae is slowly converting me. I also like some of the MAC Satins. How do you find Lorac compares to MAC?

April 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger acutelife said...

they are looking yummy!! :D is Lorac american brand??

April 30, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

mandy those things are garbageeeeeee I reviewed the blush last year. It barely had any color! I'll stick with the lorac :-D

April 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd

i always find that mac is in a class all it's own. :-D Lorac I've tried various shadows and such and always been quite happy. They make good pigmented items. I love their stains as well!

April 30, 2009 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey acutelife

yes hun. it was created by a MA :-D

April 30, 2009 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

How easy are they to blend?
I tend to feel like a novice when it comes to blending mattes.

April 30, 2009 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Inge said...

Those look really nice! I love baked products.

April 30, 2009 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

not sure dd

haven't seen them in person yet. Just got promo pics so far :-D

April 30, 2009 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

ditto pixie :-D

I'm a lover of baked as well!

April 30, 2009 at 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only purchased the eyeshadows, but I thought they were okay, all things considered. Did you try applying them wet? I find it works like a charm for the eyeshadows.

April 30, 2009 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey mandy!

nooooo not even ok! not even work. they were crummy as hell :P

May 6, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home