Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 30, 2009

MAC Beauty Powder Blush of Youth and MAC Eyeshadow SugarShot Review and Swatches

Hey, hey!

I'm just in from bumming around the mall with my mate Kira. We went to MAC to pick up some MAC Fix+Rose which we were both gagging for. Turns out one bottle was plenty, the Muse was thinking she'd need a case. Anyway I'll tell you all about it tomorrow or next week for now I'll spread a little cheer with some MAC A Rose Romance and MAC SugarSweet!




Jump ahead for it.

I've been so blooming busy that I didn't have time to hop to MAC to pick up the other items I was wanting from the MAC A Rose Romance and MAC SugarSweet Collections.

My first round up from SugarSweet didn't include two items I really wanted which was MAC SugarShot Eyeshadow and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping. I ended up dropping Perfect Topping after seeing how chalky it was. Presented with it at my local CCO in the future I can see myself purchasing but for now I was being ever so frugal and just skipped it as it wasn't as pretty as Refined was. I did finally end up getting Sugarshot though. This was something I really wanted and wasn't available during my first purchasing spree. But finally snagged it! Yay! It's a good one and I rec getting one as it makes a rather nice all over color wash or a highbrow highlighter. It's a creamy white golden shimmer that's very pretty.








MAC A Rose Romance I pretty much hauled all there was too haul aside from the fix I so badly wanted and the Blush of Youth Beauty Powder. Blush of Youth isn't as nearly pigmented as Summer Rose but it is pretty none the less. With a bit of layering it might work well on it's own as a natural blush or best over some blush to amp it up a bit. As with Summer Rose I think it works best by using it over the new Just a Pinch Gel Blush. I think both of these Beauty Powders were some of the best I've seen from MAC in all my collecting days. Def grab them as they are well worth the cash.






Aside from this my haul was very tiny as I am looking forward to Style Warriors as everyone else is too I'm sure.

Feel free to spill what you hauled lately from MAC!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Samantha Kathleen xoxo said...

Ahh! I just hauled a bunch o' goodies from the A Rose Romance collection and I did end up getting BOTH beauty powders :)
Now I am upset I did not get sugarshot.. it reminds me of the very pretty gold-colored shadow from the Lucky Tom Palette from Hello Kitty which I simply adore!

I am so waiting for Style Warriors! I remember seeing a very...very...well, a purple that simply stole my heart :)!

xoxo!

April 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

Hey there Muse! Blush of Youth looks very nice, I may have to check it out. The last thing I hauled from MAC were a few Dazzleglasses when they came out (which that seems like forever ago, but I know its not). The latest things I have hauled are a Givenchy gloss and Dior Pop Diamond Skin Shimmer.

Although, I may pop into MAC before work tomorrow afternoon to look for a matte grey eyeshadow. Do you have any recs? And it doesn't necessarily have to be MAC.

May 1, 2009 at 1:15 AM  
Anonymous Huai-Ann said...

Ok you have no idea how glad I am that you wrote this post. I somehow completely overlooked the idea of wearing Just a Pinch with Blush of Youth over it! Great idea!! I'm absolutely thrilled and now must run out and buy a backup of BoY. hahaha

PS. Refined is AH-MAZING. LOVE it.

May 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger wiwin said...

Hi Muse, my name is Maria, I've been a lurker for a few months now, I LOVE the blog!
I was just wondering, how would you compare Blush of Youth to Benefit Dandelion? From the pics they look kinda the same....So I'd love to know how they compare, thanks!

May 2, 2009 at 2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Muse, I thought I was gonna get the fix+rose, but didnt because I wasnt much of a difference between this one and the regular one. So I also just got, rose romance bp, which I thought I was totally gonna pass on. And I also got the gel blush, which I am kinda regretting getting. I also wanted to get sugar shot, but with 20+ highlght e/s' i thought i was suffice lol

Daisyv316

May 2, 2009 at 5:37 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi again Samantha!

w00t nice :-D I love the BP's! They were pretty in this round.

It's very very nice. I didn't get Lucky Tom but I know the color and it was lovely :-D this is a bit more shimmery...quite nice for summer!

I can't wait for SW! It looks amazzingggggg! I'm loving all of it. Hello broke here I come :-D

May 5, 2009 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jackie!

ooo I want! Dior Pop Diamond Skin Shimmer Want Want!


:-D

ooo I'm bad with mattes sadly...but BB makes some killer matte greys :-D

Hope it helps babe!

May 5, 2009 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Huai-Ann

oh yes it makes a great prep prior to using the BP on top :-D

LOL :-D Glad you enjoyed the idea. Hope it worked out for you! Refined truly is AWESOME great one :-D And no chunky glitter w00t!

May 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi maria! Thanks for being such a long time reader :-D I greatly appreciate it and thanks so much for loving my blog *hugs*

Both are incredibly different. Blush of Youth is a pure pink where as benefit dandelion is a very sheer pale whitish pink. I think they are quite different especially in pigmentation. Blush of Youth is considerably more pigmented than Dandelion.

Hope this helps!

May 5, 2009 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi daisy!

sounds like my haul. I was pretty selective rather than buying it all so to speack :-D I'm unsure if I even like fix+rose yet so I'm kinda regretting that purchase :P

if you aren't loving the gel believe me a hundred people will snap it up from you on MUA it appears to be quite popular :-D

nice haul hun!

May 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home