Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 19, 2009

Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara Review


Make Up For Ever I love you so but would you be terribly hurt if I give your Smoky Lash Mascara a bad review?

Eep!

A few months ago I got slap happy about Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara after seeing the incredible promo photo that went along with the release. Almost immediately I ran out to get some.

Disappointment set in fast....

Now I got this mascara months ago and I'm just bringing myself to review it now. It's just so bad I wasn't sure what to write about it exactly. I've never really had a problem with raccoon eyes due to my mascara. I've had a few flaking problems but no crazy raccoon looking eyes until I tried out Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara.

Oh.
My.
God.

What a mess. I was expecting really dark, smoky lashes when I tried this and what I got was a flaking, runny mess that left a dark ring under my eyes and made me look absolutely ridiculous. First application ended up with a bunch of flaky pieces of mascara falling around my eyes. Basically the mascara feels like it dried out and it was old when in fact it was a fresh tube that I just purchased. After cleaning up the flaky pieces I noticed my lashes were all clumped together and spidery looking...ugh...proceeded to comb them out and tried to be happy with the mess they were. Two hours into work and I check my makeup and I'm sporting a ton of mascara running around under my eyes making me look like someone hosed me down with some water.






This is possibly the worst mascara I've ever used. I cannot believe the mess my lashes were after use.

Final verdict, avoid at all costs. Definitely an epic fail!

Hates it!

With a passion.

Love ya MUFE but sorry I'm just not loving this mascara.

Anyone try?

Had better results?

Do share it!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! I'm so disappointed! The promo pic looked so wonderful! Thanks for the heads up though!

May 19, 2009 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger bk377 said...

I'm just finishing a sample size tube of this that I got with a GWP and.... I must say that I'm doing OK with it! However, I think the difference maybe the the sample size tube and my Shiseido mascara base which improves most mascara's longevity. I haven't had flakiness either. I wouldn't repurchase because I'm not a fan of the brush and I'd be worried that a full size tube would end up like yours. Smaller size mascaras sometimes seem to stay fresher: less room in the tube for air perhaps?

May 19, 2009 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

I've had better results with it. I do get a little flaking with it but nothing massive. I must say I was almost forced to like it. I was checking out the mascara display at Sephora, minding my own bizness, and the SA was so pushy with the MUFE one. I wouldn't say it is my fave mascara, but I liked it. But I probably wouldn't repurchase again.

May 20, 2009 at 1:02 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

my pleasure anonymous!

Just wasn't feelin' the love for this one :(

May 20, 2009 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey bora

interesting! I wasn't feeling the love for this guy!

Could be the smaller size...I thought the chanel mascara in the tinier tube was WAY better than the one I purchased in the larger tube :-D so totally get the mentality!

May 20, 2009 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jackie!

No good results here! :(


LOL damn MUA's!!!!!!!!!! :-D

May 20, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home