Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 19, 2009

La Mer The Treatment Powder Foundation Review


The Muse had to second guess the idea of shelling out $95 USD for a foundation powder when she seen the new La Mer The Treatment Powder Foundation.

But now that I see how flawless my skin is looking I'm a believer.

Jump ahead for the review.

What it promises:

Lightweight coverage in a powder foundation that can go on sheer, medium, or heavy. Contains gemstones that capture light energy to create a translucent color palette, optically erasing imperfections to reveal a flawless completion. Ferment works to add visible clarity and brightness to skin, revealing a more luminous appearance.

What that means for you:

Simply put La Mer The Treatment Powder Foundation works much like a transparent white powder to blur fine lines and minor imperfections to create flawless coverage.

I tested out a good size sample of the powder and I must say I am quite impressed. The powder isn't quite like anything I've tried before. The formula is an interesting texture that's cooling, light, and slightly creamy (I know a powder that's creamy, sounds weird). I realize the idea of a creamy powder could be a contradiction but the powder does have a slightly strange formula that's super smooth and blends beautifully, feeling much like a cream would. I was worried about trying it out on my dry skin but it leaves behind beautiful coverage no flakes, no settling on my face like a mask, simply gorgeous coverage. The powder also contains SPF 15 for extra coverage in the sun.






$95 may seem alot to shell out for one powder however the quality of the item more than makes up for the price. It's ability to offer sheer to full coverage makes it a perfect foundation item for Summer when the idea of liquid foundation makes us cringe.

the Muse sportin' La Mer The Treatment Powder Foundation in Natural

Simply put the powder is truly a luxurious item that manages to conceal and create the illusion of perfect skin. Who doesn't want just that?

I know I'll be indulging in the full size shortly.

What do you think?

Anyone try La Mer The Treatment Powder Foundation?

Love it?

Share.

Check it out at www.cremedelamer.com

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous shasha said...

i heard great reviews about the cream ooh cant wait to try this .thanks for the review

May 19, 2009 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi shasha!

My pleasure :-D

the cream is incredible and the eye balm is outstanding! Just wish I could afford to indulge more often ;-D I'd make the eye balm my staple if I could get pass the size for the price ;-D

May 19, 2009 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous laura r said...

no way, no how. it sounds dreamy but i'm sorry, i cannot condone the price for myself. it's absurd and they know it.

May 19, 2009 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

aw lol! I hear ya laura in this economy it's hard to justify the price :(

May 19, 2009 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

The powder looks good on you! I've only tried the loose powder which is incredible. The pressed one is not here yet. A really good powder foundation that I know of is RMK Powder Foundation EX. It has that creamy texture too and looks awesome on my dry skin

May 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muse,
It seems great. It sounds like the product is similar to Benefit's Hello Flawless, right?
May I ask how do you apply this powder and the Benefit one (for example, with a kabuki brush, a wet sponge, etc.)? Thanks.

- Miss D

May 21, 2009 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi connie!

I loveee rmk powder foundation good stuff :D

June 19, 2009 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey miss d!

Hello Flawless actually has much more converage!

I normally apply hello flawless with the sponge applicator for a heavier coverage or with a fluffy powder brush for lighter coverage.

This I applied with a sponge as it's a type powder that's very smooth and needs a sponge as it applies best that way!

June 19, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home