Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 19, 2009

Reader's Request: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sun Block SPF 85+ Review

We should all be worried about sun protection as the Summer approaches and the sun becomes stronger. Honestly, you should be worried about it 365 days of the year and obsess over it as much as the Muse does. Not only because you want to keep your skin looking beautiful but also because the harmful rays of the sun has the potential to cause some major havoc.

A kindly reader asked about inexpensive SPF and where she could get something that wouldn't break her beauty budget bank. If you're looking for an inexpensive, effective SPF for your face do check out Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sun Block SPF 85+.


Jump it for the review!

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sun Block SPF 85+ manages to bundle together everything I want in an SPF into a cheap, inexpensive package. I'm reviewing this SPF as a facial SPF only, I'll be doing a follow up post on SPF's I use on my body sometime soon but today I am focusing on my face. My reader did state she was seeking something light with a high SPF for her face and I couldn't think of a better SPF than this Neutrogena one as I've been using it a while now and really like it.




It deserves to be mentioned that I really love Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 but it's $34 USD for 2 oz. Since I use SPF so often and I run out fairly quickly I was searching for something that could offer me the benefits of good sun protection with a cheap price check.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sun Block has a high level of sun protection and offers protection from UVA and UVB rays. The formula is not greasy in the least thus it's name "dry-touch". It doesn't sink in or absorb as quickly as I would like but I can't deny that the formula is extremely good since it's not greasy or oily on my skin and feels quite matte and nice. I can forsake a quick absorbing formula if it means the SPF won't be oily and gross on my face as many SPF's are. As you know by now my skin is dry but thankfully it doesn't mind the dry feeling of this lotion. It has a nice floral scent (nothing overwhelming, don't worry!) which adds to it's appeal in my opinion.




Considering how widely available Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sun Block SPF 85+ plus it's inexpensive price tag I think it makes an ideal facial SPF for use everyday. This retails for $9.99 USD or less in drugstores.

If you're looking for something cheap and effective I highly suggest snagging one! Muse Approval for purchase.


Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Pavlina said...

All I have to do is look at this product and I break out. I know lots of people love it, but it is on my hate list. :)

May 19, 2009 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

aw no pavlina that stinks :(

what are you using for your daily spf?

May 19, 2009 at 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Elle said...

I tried this product but it made me oily.
I continue to use my Shiseido Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55. 3.3 oz for $38.
It is money well spent!

May 19, 2009 at 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Kiera said...

This particular product is a personal favorite of mine since I'm really pale and hide from the sun whenever I can, how ever I don't use the liquid form (or is it cream form... whatever I just don't use the tube one! xP) I use the spray on version, 'cause I personally don't like the gooey, sticky feeling SPF's normally give. This way I can apply the SPF on my body as a mist and for my face I just spray some in my hands and pat my face EASY!

May 19, 2009 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger plue said...

i would like to love this, but i hate it. made my skin stuffy and so hard to breathe!

still my biore wins hands down! :P

May 20, 2009 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi elle!

aw darn that stinks :( I like Shiseido too! it's my favs :-D

May 20, 2009 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Kiera

ooo good tip hun! ;-D Must check into the spray on version! yay!

May 20, 2009 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi plue!

awww :( I wish we had biore SPF here damn :(

May 20, 2009 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Muse, I was happy to see your review of this, but then I'm disheartened by the oily-skin folks saying it's bad news. :( Since I have super-oily skin even in winter, I might have to bypass this one. You recommended Shiseido to me before so I guess I will just have to swallow the huge price tag. :)

May 20, 2009 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey bonnie!

I'm a shiseido supporter, love it :-D but if you're oily maybe it's not such a fab idea for the neutrogena...wish they'd make lighter forms of SPF here in the US for a good price!

July 14, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home