Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 21, 2009

Majolica Majorca Summer 2009: Majolica Majorca Innocent Pleasure

Majolica Majorca has updated it's main portal with the brand new Summer Collection for '09 entitled Innocent Pleasure. Although I can't say I'm all that excited about Majolica Majorca Innocent Pleasure, I can't deny that I always feel a certain hype about viewing the new items released.


Jump ahead for a peek!

In typical Majolica Majorca fashion you have to "find" the new items on the site. The theme of Innocent Pleasure is portrayed in an Adam and Eve-like fashion with a tree, a snake, and tempting goodies hidden within the three.


The collection does make me wired for the new palettes as this is quite a large Summer Collection especially when compared to last year's extremely tiny release. A total of eight palettes are being introduced which is pretty huge for MJ. That's a whole lot of palette. Although the release of eight palettes is very, very exciting, I personally can't help but be disappointed by the same ho-hum color collection that's typical to MJ and most every other Japanese brand. Sigh. Aside from RD784 I'm not feeling the love for any of the shade selections although I imagine I'll indulge in a few if not all since I collect MJ palettes (diseased am I). GR780 should excite those who missed out on GR741 the limited edition palette from the Spring 2008 line up. It's not a total dupe but it is fairly different for MJ to go with aquas/teals.




A brand new solid perfume is also released. I'm not sure as of yet what it smells like but it also looks a tad uneventful but of course, again, I'll def indulge. And finally several new nail polishes.




All in all I find it very exciting that MJ released eight palettes but a bit crestfallen it's the same old colors over and over. Many of the shades are quite similar to palettes I already have from the line. Oh well. One of my readers, Jenn from Japan, was nice enough to share her pamphlet she got while viewing Majolica Majorca at Welcia. Thanks Jenn! We heart you!












Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger plue said...

dunno when is msia getting this, but judging from how fast they got the spring collection, i think this shudn't be too long too!

and the green palette is lovely!

April 21, 2009 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey little sis!

I agree. It'll probably get to you fairly quickly :-D

The green does look nice but very similar to a KISS palette I already have le sigh!

April 21, 2009 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger plue said...

Oh honey, at least you have a similar palette. I don't have much greens. Am the on the hunt right now!

April 21, 2009 at 10:43 PM  
Blogger plue said...

at least u have a similar one, i don't have much green palettes :( am on the hunt! :D

April 22, 2009 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey hun!

did you get kate's gd1? I can't recall if you did. It's THEEEEEEEEEEE perfect green palette!

April 22, 2009 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger plue said...

oh yes! i have the GN and GD!

weird though, I didn't quite like Glam Trick palette as much. Maybe I didn't know how to use them :p

April 23, 2009 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey plue

aw :( sorry to hear. these could be better to work with ;D the formula of mj shadows is considerably "creamier" when compared to kate's

April 23, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home