Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 17, 2009

Too Faced Lockdown Cream Shadow Review, Swatches, and FOTD

The Muse knows you've been patiently awaiting swatches and a review of Too Faced Lockdown Cream Shadow. And finally here I am with a review, swatches, and a few FOTD's!




Excited? I am.

Click your heels and jump ahead for the good word!

The Muse really loved Urban Decay for bring back their cream shadows but she had general woe with application, loved them yes but hated the irritating way they applied. When she seen the brand new Too Faced LockDown Cream Shadows she was thinking how great they looked but was a bit worried about application. Turns out that they apply amazingly well, have a great long lasting formula, and make an incredible base. Likey!




Combining it's awesome Shadow Insurance with metallic pigments, Too Faced created a long wearing vibrant shadow that lends a nice pop of color to lids. Since it's technically a primer (with a bit of pigment thrown in for good measure) it applies easily and blends flawlessly. And again taking into consideration it's a shadow primer it makes a great base for regular powder shadow so you can amp up a look and intensify your powder shadow while keeping it locked on your eye all day long. The Muse says multitask with Too Faced Lockdown by taking advantage of it as a base and a primer or use it on it's own as a cream shadow.

The formula dries down fairly quickly but not so fast you won't have a chance to blend a fair bit and also layer on more color if you choose. The formula is considerably less shimmer/glitter laden than Urban Decay's Cream Shadows plus the texture is considerably lighter and easier to blend and dries down nicely without remaining wet for a long period of time making blending an impossible task. Overall, the shadow just applies easier and leaves behind nice pigmented color. Although color isn't as pigmented unless you layer a bit. A small dot will get you a nice dose of color but the Muse suggests blending one layer on and go for a second layer before dry down to get a more intense color payoff!

Only rant the Muse has is Too Faced Lockdown is only available in six shades. Aw shucks can't we have more colors? The colors I tried were I'm Guilty (Shimmering Aqua), Bedroom Eyes, my favorite! (Smoky Brown), and JailBait (Baby Pink).




























All in all the Muse is liking Too Faced LockDown Cream Shadows! Good stuff. Long-wearing, multitasking, and easy to blend makes them a great treat for hot Spring eye looks.

Too Faced LockDown is available now from Sephora and Too Faced.

Tried 'em yet?

Loves 'em?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , , ,

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Izzy, you know I loves your 'bedroom eyes'! And incidentally, I love the color on you, too.

Off topic: Have you tried the new Smashbox HD concealer yet?

April 17, 2009 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I soo need to pick up I'm Guilty & Jailbait! As you know, I love Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I wore it ALL day at the 3 Disney parks I went to (I was in the parks from 9am until 9pm, sweating and running around and getting wet) and my eye shadow didn't budge thanks to TFSI.

I totally want I'm Guilty for some of my turquoise and teal looks.

I'm just waiting for Too Faced or Sephora to have a 20% off sale so I can pick these babies up, and another TFSI :)

April 17, 2009 at 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah. Creme/cream shadows are my downfall.

Unfortunately I'm not too fond of any of the shades they offer. I'm all about green now. nails and eyes :D

April 17, 2009 at 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooh i want jailbait! those look awesome.

April 17, 2009 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger watercoloursky said...

I like the sound of these more than the UD ones, because these seem more hygenic with the squeeze tubes. Jailbait and I'm Guilty looks really nice on you! I wonder if they're out at my Sephora yet...

April 18, 2009 at 12:20 AM  
Blogger Inge said...

Wow, those look gorgeous! I'll definitely be grabbing a couple.

April 18, 2009 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I totally was bad and shopped a ton this weekend. I bought 'I'm Guilty,' and the clear lipliner from Too Faced. I bought UD's Big Fatty Mascara in Electric Blue and a big 24/7 in Zero. I bought MAC's Dazzle glass in Funtabulous and Love Alert. I bought some zoya nail polish in Calypso, Katy and Midori. And finally I bought some Dollface mineral eye shadow samples.

April 19, 2009 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

Edit: Not dollface, but Glamour Doll.

April 19, 2009 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks mandy :-D You lurve my bedroom eyes I know *bats my lashes* ;-D

Yup! Review is a coming, along with the HD foundation too!

:-D

April 20, 2009 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

dd sephora had 15% off last week! hope you scored!

If you love shadow insurance you're going to love lockdown...same formula but with color :-D Go haul girl!

April 20, 2009 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey crotchfairy

at first I was blah on the colors but they are super nice especially bedroom eyes :-D perhaps we'll see green soon :-D

April 20, 2009 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

brandi,

they are soooo nice :-D after trying jailbait I want the other pink too now, Prisoner of Love!

April 20, 2009 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey blu!

much more hygenic and easier to blend too imho!

they are indeed at Sephora :-D The finish is so lovely, I'm loving bedroom eyes best :0D

April 20, 2009 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi pixie!

Good stuff :) You'll love 'em I'm sure!

April 20, 2009 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd!

hehe awesome :-D
damn girl can I come over and play!?!??!?!

April 20, 2009 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

Any time you want :)

April 20, 2009 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

aw shucks thanks babe!

April 21, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home