Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 2, 2009

Prescriptives Flawless Face Primer Review

Prescriptives made a wise choice dubbing it's new primer "Flawless Face" as it indeed delivers on the promise of a flawless face.

The Muse has been burnt by primers before and particularly isn't a fond fan of Smashbox Photofinish. Can you say itchy and acne? Ack! I normally chalk up almost all primers and compare them to Smashbox Photofinish which makes me generally wary of attempting to test any out but I'm sure glad I said yes to Prescriptives Flalwess Face Primer as indeed it's a great find!



I don't need a primer to cover lines or pores but I do need one to help keep my foundation fresh, aid my foundation to apply easily, and allow my foundation to look flawless when on. Prescriptives Flawless Face Primer does all three quite successfully!




I hate silicon based primers since they tend to pill on my face and also cause me to itch and break out. Pilling, if you're not familiar with the word, is an effect of product coming off the skin in little rolls and clumps that resembles skin...yuk! Eye creams are legendary for pilling and primers in my case as well. Prescriptives does have a bit of silicon feel to it's formula but it manages to feel moisturizing when applied and does not pill. This is oil free so it absorbs easily without leaving behind a greasy feeling or causing itching and acne later on!


The primer gives skin a smooth, even texture to allow foundation to apply easily and seamlessly while making it last longer. It's quite thick so it should work quite well at filling pores, fine lines, and other problem areas you might have. For me it's a combination product as it acts as a primer but also illuminates my face due to it's pearl like finish. I really like this one and I imagine I'll repurchase it once I'm done.





Overall, the product allows my foundation to glide on easily, keeps my foundation fresh for 2 to 3 hours longer than usual, and allows my face to look flawless and perfect so indeed it keeps many of the promises it makes.

Who should try it?

  • Anyone will large pores, fine lines, or imperfections that need extra prepping prior to foundation use.
  • Those who desire a flawless, even complexion.
  • Anyone who wants their foundation to look and stay fresh for hours on end.

Prescriptives Flawless Face Primer is $27.50 USD and available now from www.prescriptives.com

What's your primer of choice?

Tried this one?

Want to?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger jackieg02 said...

Happy Monday Muse! I can't wait to try this one. I love Prescriptives foundation and I'm sure this would be a nice addition to my routine. Thanks for the info!

February 2, 2009 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning jackie happy monday :)

absolutely especially if you're already a prescriptives user!

My pleasure hun!

February 2, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger En said...

It's so nice to hear about someone else having the same problems with Smashbox. I recently tested out Lunasol's Smoothing Base which turned out to be quite nice. Other than that, it seems like most primers are either drying or have a pilling problem. How do you like Perscriptives foundations?

Oh! Mac's Japan site has finally updated with the new Creamsheen shades! I'm kind of interested in the Ever So Rich gloss now, too.. How does the gloss compare to others?

Sorry for all the questions!

February 2, 2009 at 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this primer sounds good. Too bad Prescriptives pulled out of here. My current primer is from Etude house. So far its one of my fav! :)

February 3, 2009 at 7:02 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi en!

ugh smashbox makes me itch terribly :P

I haven't tried the Lunasol as of yet but good to know it's good :) I find most pill as well...this is actually one of the few that didn't.

I've never tried prescriptives foundation but have tried the concealers which are good.

yayayay glad it updated :) did you read my review on these? it has all the details about how it compares to Dazzleglass and lipglass.

Hope this helps hun!

February 3, 2009 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi pets!

I heard :( read it on Iris's blog :( how sad!

I like the EH primer too! I especially like the baby face base they have.

February 3, 2009 at 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is sort of an 'old' review, but I just HAD to comment on this product.

I've been using That Gal by Benefit and even though I loved the smell and the just out of the sensation it gave, I really can't say it made my makeup last longer. However on a trip to Macy's I ended up on the Prescriptives counter and managed to get a sample of this product.

I was saving it for a special ocasion were I could put it to test. Well, the test came yesterday. I applied the primer along with my makeup around noon and went around my normal day until 5:30PM when I left to an Iron Maiden concert that lasted 'till 'round 11:00. When I got home my makeup was still there. It survived moshing, 35°C heat, jumping, shouting, singing and sweat... If that's not a a trial by fire I don't know what it is... told you I just HAD to share it :)

February 26, 2009 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous!

omg I'm so jealous! Iron Maiden!? AMAZING!!!!

that's so awesome that this worked so well for you :)

I agreed with that gal...def a miss for me :P

February 26, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home