Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 31, 2009

Givenchy Spring 2009 FOTD


I recently did an FOTD for you using Givenchy Sari Glow Blush in Maharani Orange, Givenchy Precious Sari Glittering Eyeshadow in Maharani Gold, and Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick in Maharani Henna and today I'll be bringing you another look using some of the items from the Givenchy Spring Collection 2009.

Jump ahead to have a peek!

Since I've already done a warmer looking using some of the Givenchy Spring Collection, I thought a cooler order was in order. For the cooler look I used Givenchy Sari Glow Blush in Maharani Pink and Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick in Maharani Rose. I was tempted to use Givenchy Precious Sari Glittering Eyeshadow in Maharani Silver but I thought it didn't quite go so well with all the pink so I opted for a wash of color using a few MAC eye shadows in various pink shades.

The pink blush wasn't as popping as I thought it would be and it came out as a basic pink shade on my cheeks, quite flattering really but nothing as bold as I originally though. I'm absolutely in deeper lust now after trying out the Maharani Rose lippie! It's a stunning shade and quite lovely for Spring.

Here's the basic look I created using the above listed items:





related posts

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Anitacska said...

Very nice look. I'll have another look at the pink blush and the lipstick when I next go shopping. I already know I like the pink prismissime compact. ;)

February 1, 2009 at 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww.. i was hoping that the pink would be abit brighter as i'm darker than you.. think i would have to skip it as i don't think it'll show up unless i put on a few layers.. =( but thanks for the FOTD! at least the lipstick looks pretty =D

February 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anita!

Thanks hun! The lippie is lovely :) I'm thinking I want the pink prismissime too!

February 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi fridagal!

Me too. But it's a nice natural pink...you can def build up color too on your cheeks :)

you're most welcome!

February 2, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home