Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 9, 2009

Marcelle Concealer Palette Review

Remember my lemming for the Marcelle Concealer Palette? Well I decided to act on that lemming and purchased the Marcelle Concealer Palette after very little debate.


Overall, I actually really loved it aside from one or two rantings!

Read ahead to find out what I loved and what I didn't!

Marcelle is a Canadian based beauty brand that has an array of affordable cosmetics available within Canada. Actually, "affordable" is the key word of the day. At $15.95 USD the Marcelle Concealer Palette isn't exactly affordable in the Muse's humble opinion. Affordable for Canadians yes but affordable in terms of USD? No. Taking into consideration many high end cosmetic brands within the US have a price range of $15 USD to around $25 USD (some higher of course) for a concealer this isn't really a cheap product. Taking CDN (Canadian Dollar) into consideration than yes indeed this would be cheap. The product is a bit too small to be considered a beauty budget purchase in my opinion as it contains very little product for nearly $16 plus the cost of airmail to have it shipped over makes it equally costly (Marcelle is exclusive to Canada and is not available for purchase within the US). Aside from my rant on the cost I must say it's a decent product overall.





The palette contains four shades of concealer in a slim circle compact with a tiny brush for application. Indeed, some may rant that the brush is too small to do anything but I quite liked the brush as it fits quite nicely under my eye, applies and blends the concealer nicely, and fits snugly back into the compact with little fanfare. The concealer shades all work well on me aside from one shade that's a bit darker but that's why I have three other shades...just mix a bit of the dark with the light and it'll work fine! Colors range from a pale light beige, to a darker beige, a yellow corrector with hints of beige, and medium set beige. You can use colors individually or mix them up to create the perfect shade that's suitable for your dark circles. I simply mix the lighter and medium shade and apply it on top of the yellow corrector. The yellow corrector erases my dark circles and the two beige shades brighten the eye area up.









The formula of the concealer is nice creamy base that dries to a powder finish. It doesn't have amazing pigmentation but it's enough to cover up many of my under eye problems such as dark circles, puffiness, fine lines, and tiredness. I found that the formula was a tiny bit drying since it dries to a powder finish but it's nothing too bad and my eyes seemed to like the product overall considering it didn't crease, fade, or cake up.

I probably wouldn't purchase the product again solely due to it's price tag as I can find much better at around the same price range. However, I do think it's not too bad a product and well worth picking up if you have easy access. Remembering that MAC and many other cheaper brands that we take for granted in the US are quite costly within Canada I do think that the Marcelle Concealer Palette is a nice budget friendly option for those who are within Canada. If it was a tad bit cheaper I'd probably pick it up again.

Have you tried Marcelle?

Which are some of your fav products?

Loving this concealer palette?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually even within canada, i would never buy this palette.

it isn't considered cheap because of the amount of the product that you mentioned already.
im actually looking toward buying the lise watier concealer wheel. which is also expensive, but a friend of mine happens to love it.

but definitely those in the US need to appreciate their lower costs more :P It always makes me jealous that everything is still a tad cheaper there~ plus you buys get beauty crunch! something I wish i could order from! lol

anyway thanks for the review, sharing some CND love on your site :D

February 9, 2009 at 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Marcelle's products on a regular basis but I have to admit them being a bit pricey though no more than Cover Girl or Revlon. I usually love their seasonal stuff, especially since they've improved a bit on their packaging like this past season's Mystic collection or a previous summer Reverie one. Their shimmer palettes of both collections was the first thing to be sold out in most stores.

February 10, 2009 at 1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muse, have you tried the new MAC Sculpt concealer, it is wonerful, I´m sure you´ll love it! Perfect pigmentation, not too creamy and not too dry either, it is MAC´s best concealer to date imho. I use shade NW15 which is the lightest and really neutral, no pink tones in sight, it is way lighter than NC15 which is quite yellow. Try it! (I´m on a mission here, lol)

February 10, 2009 at 3:01 AM  
Blogger Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

As far as I know, the palette is CA$15.95 which would be cheaper in USD with the way the exchange rate works out right now. I can keep an eye on the sale if you want, so maybe next time you can get the product a little cheaper.

juan_hurrican (at)yahoo (dot) com

February 10, 2009 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi rasilla

The lack of product inside is what turned me off about the price :(

I really enjoy the LW concealer wheel...funny you mention it as I'm reviewing shortly.

I totally can relate :( I always crave korean brands and such but they are terribly jacked up here :( sigh. And yes I'd be pissed if I couldn't get my beauty crunch fix :) the prices are fabs!
You should check MUA to see if anyone would order for you!

my pleasure hun!

Thanks for commenting!

February 10, 2009 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Ebontien!

yay cool. Agreed way more pricey compared to cg or revlon. I must pay close attention to the seasonal collections this year :) as I adore shimmer!

Thanks so much for the comment!

February 10, 2009 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey nell!

yup! review coming shortly :) LOL you don't have to sell me I def love it :) I like the packaging as well ;)

February 10, 2009 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi there halifax!

either way I still have to pay airmail so it's costly in the end :)

thanks so much appreciate it. That's lovely of you! I'm quite happy but a bit cheaper is always nicer heehee!



Thanks hun!

February 10, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home