Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 27, 2009

Kose Softymo Powder Wash Whitening Formula Review

As per my original post about how I was cleaning up my washroom and coming across all sorts of cleansers, creams, potions, and lotions from various Asian brands.

Today I'll be reviewing Kose Softymo Powder Wash Whitening Formula. Did I just hear a yay for whitening? The Muse is all about whitening agents although a majority of them don't work so well but hey it's worth a try!


Does Kose Softymo Powder Wash Whitening Formula really whiten?

We'll see...jump ahead to hear the word!

Kose Softymo Powder Wash is a typical powder wash which comes in a fine powder formula that you add water to in order to develop a sudsy wash for whisking away dirt, oil, and other nasties from your face. It's one of my favorite powder washes mainly because it's dead cheap at around $3-$6 USD so really who can't love that?



I also happen to love it because it's particularly good at washing away makeup (not eye makeup obviously) without drying out my skin. It contains Aloe Vera which could account for why my skin feels quite nice and moist after use.

Supposedly it clears away dead skin cells while preventing dull skin and offering a "whiten", "renewed" skin. Sorry, have to disappoint here, but I didn't experience much in the way of renewal to be honest or whitening of any kind.


Honestly, it's a great, inexpensive budget powder wash that works great at getting my face clean without investing a ton of cash plus no tightness or dryness after use but that's about it. Don't expect bells and whistles as there aren't any here.

The one plus side of the whitening formula is it doesn't retain the strange sour milk smell that a majority of Softymo Powder Washes are legendary for. This is an upside for me as I really get a tiny bit turned off by that stench of the other powder washes even though it goes away almost instantly.

All in all if you can find it cheap it's well worth picking up especially if you like powder washes!

related posts

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Fancl's powder wash! I can't do w/o it! Somehow I feel powder wash gives a cleaner wash and does not dry out my skin. Maybe I shld venture out and try out other powder washes.... :)

January 28, 2009 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

I like fancl's as well but it's not easily available here and this is :) so I just switch up for this!

Powder washes are ideal for keeping skin hydrated without creating a dryness or tightness :) I'm a lover of Philosophy Purity but when I'm switching up powder wash is fabs!

January 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home