Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 18, 2008

Excel Gradation Cheeks Review

The Muse admits she's picky, finicky and possible a snob. Oh well ok I admit that the last part I am about 100% of the time.

According to the Muse's virtues as stated above she pours over, selects, and chooses only the most gorgeous of cosmetics to grace her collection. It must be pretty, it must be girlish, it must be princess-like, it must be gorgeous, and it must have some shimmer, sparkle, shine, and glitter!

Sometimes...the Muse has to remind herself that even the most basic of cosmetics in the most simplest of packages are actually well worth her while.

For example take Excel Gradation Cheeks palette.....


Now the Excel Gradation Cheeks Palettes are possibly the most ugliest and cheapest looking palette I've come across from Japan. Where as most of the Japanese cosmetic market chooses to go the pretty route, Excel decided to gaudy cheap plastic gold packaging was the way to go! Your lesson today is sometimes it's not a good idea to judge a book by it's cover.



I'm a long time fan of Excel Gradation Cheeks since being introduced to them by my mate Iris and I must say aside from the rather crummy packaging the quality is super. I do prefer my blush to pop as you may have noticed from my FOTD's however when I'm looking for a nice, natural finish with a bit of shimmer I turn to these! The shades are all quite flattering and very wearable! I actually like using these to top off a blush I'm already wearing as these add a bit of highlight and sparkle to my look!

Each palette contains not one but four shades of blush in a strip arrangement. The shades vary from lighter to darker and when combined create a softly focused highlighted face look. The formula of the powder is silky and easy to blend. As I mentioned they do have a shimmering finish but nothing too dramatic so even shimmer haters can love these.









The palettes come with a super soft brush that's easily stored on top of the powder....have no fear a small plastic sheet is included to place over the powder so the brush doesn't make a mess of it laying on top. Normally it would bug me that the brush lays atop the powder but I actually notice no mess or problems with it arranged as so.



If you're looking for a softer blush with a hint of shimmer I'd definitely recommend indulging in these! At 1,890 yen per a palette it's not alot to spend as they are quite large and will last ages. The Muse Approves 'em since they contain a healthy dose of shimmer and give her cheeks a flattering dose of color!



If you're wanting 'em do have a look at my Japanese Buying Guide to see where they might be located online!

Tried these?

Love 'em?

Tell the Muse!


related posts

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger plue said...

oooh! i like the colours! i really need to go to JP myself to grab these!

local sprees are kinda expensive right now... :(

and like you, i love shimmery stuff too! :P

December 18, 2008 at 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your new background

December 18, 2008 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger Karelessly in Love said...

Loving your Muse Approved stamp!

December 18, 2008 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger MiuMiu said...

Looks like a great blush!
I love your new layout!!! It brings the festive-ness to Seoul, there's no snow! It's snowed 2 times and it never lasts XD
I hope you have a great weekend Muse!

December 19, 2008 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey plue! Aren't they nice? I always find sprees terribly expensive :( sometimes it's best to ask on mu forums for help!

I lurve the shimmery too hehe!

December 19, 2008 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks anonymous :) hug!

December 19, 2008 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi karelessly!

long time no speak! how are you!?

Thanks :)

December 19, 2008 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi miumiu!

Isn't it lovely? Thanks so much miumiu! I'm so glad you like the new layout :)

We are getting a big storm today...prediction is 12 inches! Want me to throw some your way ?

;)

Have a super weekend hun!

December 19, 2008 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Mukho said...

nice blush! but hey, where's the fotd? ;)

December 19, 2008 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

you caught me mukho! I was being lazy lmao!

December 19, 2008 at 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The packaging might not be pretty but the color gradation is certainly striking. I have a cheeky (pun intended) question for the muse. What's the most products you have worn on your cheeks at once? I notice a lot of layering going on!

December 19, 2008 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya sherry!

I hate the bloody packaging ugh :P but aside from that they work a damn treat.

Hmmm the most...maybe three items..I used to stain my cheeks, apply blush, and than powder....My mentality was that once my blush wore off the stain would still show through...less touch up lol!

but now a days you'll prob see me with blusher and maybe some sort of shimmer powder...one or two items at the most ;)

Good question hehe!

December 19, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home