Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 16, 2008

Too Faced Glamour To Go Pocket Palette Review, Swatches, and FOTD

Tuck a cute little something extra into your favorite makeup junkie's stocking this season with Too Faced Glamour To Go Pocket Palette! Although it's possibly the cutest stocking stuffer ever it would also make a fine inexpensive gift for a friend, family member, or an office Secret Santa. At $19.50 USD you can't go wrong by hauling yourself a few of these as gifts! The palette is about the size of a credit card and contains eight eyeshadows, four lipglosses, and one blush!









The palette contains an array of lovely shadows which are nicely pigmented. Considering it has 8 shadows you can get at the least 8 looks but of course combine a few for something new! At $19.50 USD for more than eight looks it's a steal! The palette also includes four glosses which have quite a nice metallic almost frost-like finish. The Muse felt like these weren't too glossy however they do nicely with a bit of clear gloss on top! And finally you'll get a brownish, natural blush. This wasn't pigmented enough to work on it's own and appears a tad bit muddy on my cheeks so I used it in conjunction with my own blush to add a bit more pop to my looks. It works well as almost a finishing type of powder.









The shadows range from cool to warm shades and you'll see basic shades like green, light pink, yellow, and brown. The glosses are all pretty cool pinks aside from one golden beige shade with hints of brown and peach.















































The goods come housed in a chic little palette which contain the shadows on the top part with a mirror and a pull out draw which has the four glosses and blush on the bottom half. I'm not a fan of the fact that the blush and glosses are together considering the blush powder dusts off into the glosses! Yak! Mess anyone? Aside from that I like the general idea of the palette as it's small, easy for travel, and quick looks. You can't get an amazing look out of the palette but you can get some very nice, fuss-free looks which are quite nice for daily day to day wear. It's particular convenient for stashing away on trips as the airport is so very strict about the contents of one's train case nowadays.











Here's two separate looks I created with the palette. The first image I'm using the blush from the palette as you can see it is somewhat dull looking. I didn't really like it and it wasn't pigmented enough to work on it's own.









If you're shopping around at the moment searching for a perfect yet inexpensive beauty palette for someone I do recommend checking this little guy out! The price is appealing at under $20 bucks plus you're getting a nice bit of product for your dollar.

The Muse thinks your stocking will look a bit brighter if you tuck a Too Faced Glamour To Go Pocket Palette in it!

Anyone try this?

Love it?

Want it for your Christmas pressie?

Tell the Muse!



Too Faced Starry-Eyed Mini Glitter Eyeliner Gift Set Review

Too Faced Smurfette Collection

Too Faced Holiday Collection 2008

Too Faced Mineral Water Review


Too Faced Smoky Eye Palette Review

Labels: , , ,

28 Comments:

Blogger B377Y said...

My friend bought me this palette a while ago and I love it! I agree that the blush is a bit sheer but it gives a very healthy peachy glow to the cheeks!

December 16, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey betty!
Aww nice friend :)

The blush is a tiny bit sheer...it kinda gave me a little bit of a dull look but I'm so used to loud blushes that's prob why I thought it dull :)

Otherwise I kinda dig how tiny it is and easy for toting around :)

Thanks for the comment!
Hugs!

December 16, 2008 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I've recommended this to several people when they've asked!

December 16, 2008 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger sarahPUFFY! said...

Arg, I've been wanting that for months...just to have something to throw in the bag when Im in a hurry. But if you check my blog you'll see something else that's from TF that's on my X-mas list! ;D

December 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to thank you for this post! I work for an online shopping network called Honeyshed.com and this would be a great thing to feature on our Daily Hook Up Channel. I love Too Faced products and it's fantastic to see so much product in such a tiny container. I'm going to to get this. Plus, your demo was great. Fantastic eyes and you can really really see the color. Thanks!

December 16, 2008 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd!

Did you nab one for yourself?!

December 16, 2008 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey sarah :)

miss you around here girl!

Must go and look now to see what the scoop is on your latest lem!

December 16, 2008 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I've thought about it. I keep recommending it when people ask for a gift to give someone who likes makeup :)

December 16, 2008 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi meghan!

You're most welcome, thanks for the comment! Looking forward to hearing all bout it on your channel!

I think the small size def appeals especially for travel and quickie looks!

Thanks so much :)

glad you enjoyed the review!

Cheers!

December 16, 2008 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger sarahPUFFY! said...

hee, the only scoop is that its a hell of a bargain! then again all of TF palettes are a bargain. n.n

I've missed blogging a lot! its nice to just type type type away...especially about my fav things :P

only downside is that my battery charger is busted! waa! no pics for blog for a while ;-;

December 16, 2008 at 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HeY!
Sephora's opening this wk in sunny Spore & I was super excited abt trying Too Faced when I heard tt it's one brand tt's confirmed being made available until I found out the price on Iris's blog. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is sooo super marked up to SG$45!! OMG.. if directly converted frm US$ it should be like $25++. I could live with if its marked up till $30 but $45?!?!?

December 16, 2008 at 11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thanks so much for swatching this! I bought it and was debating if I should keep it or give it away for christmas (I´m awfully egotistical, I know!), it is pretty, but I have lots of similar shades, and this makes such a great little gift (thats not available here which makes it even more interesting for the recipient).
One can always rely on the Muse...

December 17, 2008 at 3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi muse

God I love this kit especially when travelling (which I seem to be doing more often then not)but did you find that the smell is quite strong?? as for the blusher well its never ganna really work on my skin lol

hope your well honey and all set for christmas

vicky

December 17, 2008 at 4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like it!

December 17, 2008 at 5:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey miss puffs!

absolutely...I was in debate whether to indulge during FF!

Blogging is like therapy for me lol

awww sorry to hear :( you check around ebay for a replacement!?

December 17, 2008 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Lippy!!!!!!!!!

Missed you!

YAYYAYAYAYAYA I read about that!

OMG that is very marked up how sad!

wow....gee if that's Too Faced what else will be marked up :(

sheesh!

insane!

December 17, 2008 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey nell!

LOL I'm with you..I'm on an egotistical trip for most of my life lmao!

I gotta say this would make an awesome gift...if I were you I'd totally gift it...it's inexpensive and as you said not available in the US.....if you have a slew of palettes already..gift it babe!

;)

December 17, 2008 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning vicky!

How are you?

You know...I was reading people saying it smelled bad..chemical like..but I honestly didn't smell anything..the first thing I did when I got it was take a sniff...lol....almost every review I read said it smelled really really bad but I honestly didn't smell anything!? Maybe as it ages I'll get more of a bad scent from it?

I did notice the lippies taste god awful but aside from that no smell!

I felt the blush washed me out and made my double chin look triple the size lol! So I used it as a finishing powder instead :)

Happy Christmas sweetie!

*hugs*

December 17, 2008 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning pao pao!

me too hehe!

December 17, 2008 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

dd,

kinda cute for people who are just beginning in the cosmetic world dontcha think?

December 17, 2008 at 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldnt say its a bad scent just very strong!!! I just leave the blusher I dont like it, the colour scares me I havn't eaten the lippie its on my to do list fo this evening

vicky

December 17, 2008 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

omygsoh this set is so cute and sufficient!!!!!! gimme gimme!!! ahaha!!!!!!!!! seriously......i wish i can live next to you.

December 17, 2008 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

interesting vicky...I'm gonna smell it again tonight to be sure hehe!

the lippies have a great finish but I felt like gloss on top made them better :)

December 17, 2008 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL minsun! you're too cute :)

*hugs*

December 17, 2008 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Ale said...

i love this palette the colors are amazing for my skin tone =) thanks muse!!

December 17, 2008 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi there ale!

You're most welcome :) I'm glad you enjoyed the post! it's a rather cute little palette!

Hope it's tucked in your stocking for xmas :)

December 17, 2008 at 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HeY!
Sephora opened today! I went straight to the Too Faced counter & imagine to my utter surprise to see the Shadow Insurance at $28! I was like "Huh?!" I asked the SA to check & she said it's really $28 so I had to grab one!It's not much diff frm the price in the US. I didnt manage to really check out the other items cos was in a rush so I'll definitely be going agn.

December 18, 2008 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey lippy!

I heard :) yayyyyy! The jacked up prices are absurd though le sigh :(

I don't like shadow insurance as much as udpp to be honest but it's not bad..the price scares me though!

December 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home