Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 25, 2008

Bath and Body Works Scentportable Fragrance Unit Review

Ooo look what I got!

A Bath and Body Works Scentportable Fragrance Unit!



Fun, Fun, Fun!

I'm a sucker for tarts, scented oils, room spray, etc...so the idea of having a portable little unit of scent that I can clip anywhere I want kinda gets me hyper!

This little guy is available from Bath and Body Works for $5 USD but I'm sure sooner or later you'll see some cool deal on these!

Basically this has a scented gel disk inside a plastic housing with clip. You can either sit this on a desk, table, etc...or clip it in a closet, car, or any small space. It delivers a blast of yummy scent to whatever area you choose to put it in. It's a rather nice and safe way to fragrance an area without a electric, batteries, or the flame of a candle.







The one I have is Coconut Vanilla which smells beautifully foody and tropical. It kinda smells like cake mixed with coconut. The throw on this is fabulous. I have it clipped in my car so you know as soon as the temperature rises and your vehicle is sitting in the sun for a good long while the scent will begin to warm up and create a beautiful fragrance. I love getting in the car after a hot day and smelling this mmmm!

It's also suggested to throw in a gym bag or luggage! These last 4-6 weeks supposedly, I've only had mine a week and so far it's going strong!

One minor problem with the unit is it isn't refillable. After the fragrance gel insert is completely dried up you aren't able to purchase a replacement so you'll be throwing the entire unit out for a fresh one. Not exactly environmentally friendly unless the plastic is biodegradable but I don't think it is. Aside from this minor rant I thought this was a rather cute way to get a little fragrance into small spaces!

Check 'em out at Bath and Body Works! They also happen to come in five scents to choose from!
Got one?

Loving it?

How do you scent your home, car, office?

Tell the Muse!



Searching for other great ways to scent your space? Check out my tart warmer post!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe its just part of the state I live in (west Texas), but this little thing didn't last at all. I was really dissapointed. I clipped it to the visor in my car, and *poof* in a matter of days the scent was no more! IMO - I will not purchase again.

August 26, 2008 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello tandi!

It's def texas hehe. I must be hot as hades so I'm positive all the scent gets quickly sucked out of this little guy in an instant!!!!!!

I don't blame you. I think if it's left inside you could get maybe, if you're lucky,two weeks from it. But when faced with a hot car it definately heats up SUPER fast :)

If they had refills that were cheaper that would be awesome!

August 27, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home