Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 7, 2008

Too Faced Mineral Water Review



Too Faced has a new eye pencil out and available with it's Summer Collection. The pencil is entitled Mineral Water and is basically a dupe to Benefit's Eye Bright Pencil.

I picked this up on a whim because my concealer tends to wear off towards the end of the day and this promises to refresh and brighten my eye area up. Benefit's Eye Bright promises the same thing however the Too Faced version says it'll also de-puff and improve firmness and elasticity. The de-puff action totally sold me as my eyes have been suffering from puffiness for a while now sadly!



Well..

It doesn't live up too all it claims that's for sure.

This is actually made up of 35% mineral water and promises to feel refreshing and cooling on the eye area. I was thinking with that much water content in the product that it would be extremely moisturizing and easy to blend. Not the case. After swiping under my eyes with it I didn't feel much of a cooling feeling and blending was the typical heartache of tugging around a bit to get it all smoothed out.



De-puffing? Naaa that claim definately is false. I experienced nothing in the ways of de-puffing my eyes.

Now the color of this is a nude/beige which is supposed to be flattering on most skin tones but if you want to be realistic this is definately not going to work if you're tanned, medium, or dark. It's mostly geared towards a fairer skin type or medium fair.



When all is said and done I'd say that this is probably a nice item to have around for a quick touch up and go. It's tiny and fits nice and compact in your purse. It's not a messy liquid and a few swipes from the pencil does indeed cover up tired eyes.

Is it worth the $18 USD price tag? I'm not sure. I like the fact that it's easy for touching up but it definately doesn't live up to the hype of de-puffing, improving firmness, making me appear like I had 8 hours of sleep, etc....

This one isn't Muse Approved for purchase but it is interesting to say the very least and maybe something you want to try out for yourself!

Want it?

Tried it?

Love it?

Tell the Muse !

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eurgh! i think the toofaced model has fake boobs! but i adore toofaced especially lip injection! it's the best lip plumper ever and makes my friend bomi scream which is always funny ^0^ hiromix

May 8, 2008 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol hiromix possibly so.

I like lip injection too ;) Good stuff!

hehehe it does tingle doesn't it ;)

May 8, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home