Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 30, 2008

Cynthia Rowley for Avon: Flower and Petal Fragrances Review



Remember I was babbling about Cynthia Rowley doing two new fragrances for Avon a week or so ago? Someone was even kind enough to point out what "Cheap, Rubbish" they might be!

Cries of Cheap and Rubbish didn't sway me from purchasing both on E-bay for mere pennies and here I am to review them for you!

Two fragrances were released one entitled Flower and one called Petal. Flower is geared towards women while Petal is more for girls. I got both for the hells of it. Since I was so happy with Rowley's Avon Collection in the Fall I firgured I couldn't go wrong!

First of all it deserves to be mentioned that the bottles are very nice. Flower is a tiny bit bigger at 1.7 oz than Petal which is 1 oz which makes the contrast in size of the bottles sitting side by side a very nice little display for your vanity.



Flower is actually in Eau de Parfum which I was fascinated with. Not many companies put themselves on the line with Parfum. Hells even high end brands sell you Eau de Toilette for outrageous prices! Flower is my favorite of the two. It lingers and lasts all day and carries with it the strong scent of Lily of the Valley. Although it's very nice I still do get slightly woozy from the smell of the Lily as it smells more artificial than fresh and fragrant. I do like it but I don't love it but hey it's Avon and for Avon it's pretty good, not great mind you, but ok!



Petal is the worst of the two as it's an Eau de Toilette and most definately holds true to that title as the scent doesn't last at all. Spray it on, experience a faint whiff of a floral blend, and it's gone. The lasting power is zero on it. No linger from this at all! As cute as the bottle is that doesn't make up for the fact that what's inside sucks! Although it's a very nice, light blend and has the potential to go from ok to good the fact that it doesn't last makes it useless sadly!





All in all a complete disappointment and a waste of cash. I honestly didn't expect too much from these and they didn't deliver.

I guess I was blinded by Cynthia Rowley's name on the bottle and was hoping for better! Oh well!



Click here to take a peek at My Current Beauty Addictions and see what Cynthia Rowley for Avon item made the cut!

Click here to read my original babblings Flower and Petal by Cynthia Rowley!

Click here to read my ravings about the Cynthia Rowley for Avon Collection!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks! How much are they each?

It's really a shame, because the two bottles are really cute.... but I don't know, I'm not one of those people who would buy something for its container!

April 30, 2008 at 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avon fragrances are always.... interesting. Seems this one is no exception.

April 30, 2008 at 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that i'm not too suprised about the quality. With Avon, you tend to get exactly what you pay for and sometimes you might be able to get a better quality.

April 30, 2008 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm a little bit disappointed too. The bottle are cute though. : )

April 30, 2008 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey liz!

it was 24 bucks for both USD so not too bad. It's my first time trying Avon perfume so I wasn't expecting too much but damn it all the bottles are cute and I was hoping the scent would be decent!

That's why I brought up ;) packaging is a killer isn't it?!

May 1, 2008 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey mandy!

I didn't expect much lol! I never tried anything from Avon perfume wise so I've learned my lesson ;)

May 1, 2008 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey Allysia-May!

Miss ya darling! How are you!?

I agree. It's the first time I've tried a fragrance from them and probably the last ;) But at least I can now say I tried it lol!

May 1, 2008 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jen!

The bottles are awesomely cute ;) but the scent isn't so fab :P oh well!

I'll try anything once!

;)

May 1, 2008 at 10:33 AM  
Anonymous jasmin said...

this parfume is wonderfull!!thanx

April 26, 2009 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jasmin!

My pleasure :-D

glad you got these!

May 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home