Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 24, 2008

Rimmel Lip Bloomer Review: Why I Stay Away from Drugstore Brands!

Remember last week when I purchased a few of the Rimmel Spring Eyeliners? At the time I also purchased something called Lip Bloomer from Rimmel which is also part of one of their two Spring Collections.

Let me start off by saying I sincerely love lipstains with a passion. I stain my lips everyday! I stain my lips before lipstick, before gloss, etc....always without fail!



I do this because it makes my glosses pop and gives a beautiful, healthy dimension to my lips so when I seen Rimmel's Lipbloom for $6 bucks I thought this indeed might be a nice little bargain!

I use a variety of different stains most of which are excellent however Lipbloom blows. It blows right out the...anyway....

This particular stain mimics an older release from Too Faced with it's dual side packaging. Too faced had something similar a few seasons ago and it basically consists of a gloss on one end and a stain on the other. Nifty right? That's about all it is as the nifty is where it ends and all goes down hill!

The idea of having a gloss on one side and a stain on the other is, for me, the height of simplicity for touch ups. Swipe a bit of stain on, top with gloss, and you're good to go! I find that combing a stain and a gloss makes my lips really look amazingly sexy, healthy, and beautiful (I'm one of the three at the very least).



Well...I can't achieve or create any look with Lip Bloomer. The stain slides right off my lips as soon as I attempt to apply it. Swipe it on and it drips right off. Pigmentation is zero. It's like taking the juice from a watermelon or something and swiping it on your lips. Just like water with a bit of color that doesn't stay put at all.

Sigh.

The gloss? You'd think maybe the gloss would redeem the fact that one side of the product sucks but no such luck the gloss is just as bad which equals out to a crap product all the way around. The gloss isn't really sticky or tacky which is a plus but it's also not even glossy in texture? It feels like...nothing? I mean it feels like you're not even applying anything onto your lips. No shine, no glossy feel, nada, nothing, zip, zero.

Basically I've wasted $6 bucks on a product that does nothing. Yay me I won the drugstore lottery and now have a useless gloss and stain duo that does nothing w00t!

This, my dear dear girls, is why I avoid US drugstore brands!

Rimmel Lip Bloom...............

Total loser.

Boo!

Tried it?

Loving or Hating it?

Tell the Muse!



Read my review on Rimmel's Spring Eyeliners by clicking here!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger psychoexgirlfriend said...

Hey Muse, have you tried the Revlon lip stains? I heard those were actually pretty good. I haven't myself though... still waiting for a guinea pig. JK. Maybe you can give the gloss away to a younger (preteen) cousin who's just starting to experiment with makeup?

March 24, 2008 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey psychoexgirlfriend!

I have and I love 'em! Do a review if you like ;)

hehe I'll be your guinea pig! Although I was worried they were expensive and wouldn't work I'm happy to say they are very good and I have 4 or 5 of the colors. Good stuff. You're obviously not supposed to but I have one I use on my cheeks!

That's a good idea but I think even my little cousin Alexa who's 13 would put her nose up to this stuff lol!

March 24, 2008 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Bleh, Rimmel. I bought some of their Kiss Off! Lip glosses because the packaging and bright colors with sparkle attracted me.

I never use them, I probably only used one, once. I don't like how they smell or feel, at all. Rimmel is really really hit or miss. Usually miss :-P

March 25, 2008 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya swav!

totally hit or miss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

normally miss is an understatement ;)

Wonder why it's so damn popular?

I seen the Kiss Off! But I decided it was a no even though I, like you, loved the sparkle ;)

March 26, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home