Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Nov 28, 2007

Stila Look Book Palette Review

A few months ago when I purchased my lot of Novel Twist from MAC I decided to wander into Sephora where I came across two Stila palettes that I fell in love with and purchased!

It had been a while since I had seen the Stila girls on any packaging so upon seeing it pretty much sold me without even peeking inside either palette to see the colors (Sometimes packaging is all it takes for a general cosmetic junkie to get excited!).

The Look Books are a $40 package which include everything you need to create the perfect face. You get three shadows, one blush, and a Stila IT Gloss.

Not a bad deal in my opinion.

After getting these home I wandered onto Sephora's website and came across two MORE Look Books! So altogether four were released! After that I quickly e-mailed my fellow Stila addict Iris and explained that these were available did she want them to which she replied that Japan had already gotten them! Oh well so much for sharing the love with my good bud (damn US we're always behind in everything!).

A few months pasted and my obsession with obtaining the other two books was pushed towards the back burner while I pursued the Holiday Collections I was so desperately wanting!

When Sephora's Friend and Family Discount rolled around I remembered that my little Wish List had contained the other two books I hadn't previously gotten so they quickly ended up in my cart! Hey, 20% off sweetened the deal so I most definably wanted these while the saving was good (although they'll be plenty of time in the summer to kick myself in the arse for paying the price I did when they'll probably be available at the Stila Warehouse sale for like $5 each! *groan*)!

This is a rather long story isn't it?

To the goods!

BEHOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Stila Look Books


So as I was saying these are a total value. You're getting full size shadows, blush, and a full size gloss (no minis here)!

Stila IT Glosses


What more could a girl want (lots I know)?

There isn't any creativity behind the names of these little palettes so they just basically range as Stila Look Book 1-4!

Stila Look Book 1 features a lovely brunette on the cover and inside we have some yummie delightful shades to work with! This palette comes with rose blush, heather, grace, and espresso eyeshadow and an IT Gloss in Smashing.





Rose is your standard dusty rose color that will be flattering on most skin shades. Grace shadow is a lovely taupe beige color while Espresso contrasts this shade perfect and is a deeper brown! Mostly I think they are wanting you to use Espresso as a liner shade but I think you can safely get away with using it as a contrasting shadow by offsetting it with Grace. Grace is a shimmering shade while Espresso is a matte. Heather is a soft beige pink color that'll be perfect for using as a wash of color all over the eye prepping it for the darker shades in the palette. And finally the gloss with this is Smashing which is a bright shimmering pink and seems quite out of place with the colors of the palette but hey the Muse never says no to pink gloss!

Look Book 2 comes with lame, oasis, and coin eyeshadow, tint blush, and enchanting IT Gloss. The Tint blush is nothing to write home about and it sadly looks like it may be lacking pigment (I haven't tried it yet) but the shadows are yummie so that more than makes up for the blush! Lame shadow is a shimmering gold, Oasis is a shimmering pink, and Coin is a soft chocolate brown which is matte for the most part but does have tiny flecks of gold. Coin and Gold go well together but Oasis you may find a little difficult working into the look but with a little creativity you're sure to create a great look with the colors! Enchanting gloss, out of all the palettes, is the one that I like the least. It's pretty enough but it contains no shimmer the finish is more of a pearl which isn't a favorite of mine. The color is a cross between a pink and a peach!





Look Book 3 is another disappointment in the blush department. The blush included with this palette is Fade and it's a bronze color and we all know how I feel about bronze! The only redeeming color in the entire palette is Shell shadow which is a shimmering dusty pink color. The other two shadows included are Puck and Dahlia. Puck is a gray brown color that isn't all that exciting. Dahlia is a navy blue matte color which again does nothing to make me jump around! Sadly the entire palette is a mix up color combination if every I did see one and it's going to take some hard work to come up with a good look using it. The redeeming factor would be the IT Gloss included in Sweet which is a rosy brown shimmer that's very pretty!





And finally Look Book 4 which has some very gorgeous colors and could be my favorite of the lot! This contains a blush called Heat which is a dusty rose color that's very pretty and natural on! It also includes eyeshadows in icon, twig, and nude. Icon is a pretty peachy, brown, pink shimmer while Heat offsets this color and is a deep reddish brown shimmer and finally Icon which is a shimmering nude. All the colors in this palette just go great together plus none are matte which is a plus for me! The gloss is an odd choice for this look as it's a peach shimmer but it's beautiful and I'm positive I'll find a look to use it with! The color of the gloss is called Inviting!





Over all these have some great value for your buck as you're getting 5 full size products plus cute packaging! If you're a serious collector of Stila you're going to want these badly! If you're a casual shopper you may want to buy at least get one (might I suggest #4)! It's alot of product for the $40 and a nice deal!

Of course if you happen to live in California the Muse highly recommends waiting for the blessed Stila Warehouse Sale!

These palettes are Muse Approved for purchase!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger nilla cookie said...

These are so cute! I haven't been much of a Stila user, but these look super fun to just collect if you're a fan! I love the covers! :)

November 28, 2007 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey miss cookie :)

I fear sometimes the packaging gets the best of me and I just want it for that hehehe :)

November 28, 2007 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Hi Muse,

The Look Books look fun! Stila is offering free shipping at any price with "GIFTED" Also, Sephora is offering free shipping with orders over $50 through 31 Jan with "Favorites2"

I forgot to tell you, Mini Bourjois is available in the US at selected Ulta stores. I picked up a trio at the one here.

Hugs & Cheers!

November 28, 2007 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Spicey said...

Thanks! I'm going to see if they are out in France. :)
Btw, the UK elf site is open, but they no longer ship all over Europe. Boo. Oh, well, no biggy. I was just so curious. *lol*

November 29, 2007 at 3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just realized I've been lurking around all day without commenting! That's not like me! Those Stila glosses look sooo pretty! My LOTD is Maybelline Raspberry Sorbet l/s, it's a beautiful berry pink shade. I'm really keen on that Moisture Extreme line from Maybelline, they don't dry out my lips att all which is quite rare! Do you have a fave lipstick line for moisture?

Hugs! Loads of hugs to you my dear! :D

November 29, 2007 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hey Bets!

They are :)

Thanks for the codes sweetie! Thanks! I wanna head to Ulta and check them out! Sarah was telling me too :)

November 29, 2007 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi Spicey!!!!

I'm curious if they are! Let me know if you get 'em!

Oh that stinks :(

I don't think you're missing too much!!!!!!

Thanks for the comment ;)
Hugs!

November 29, 2007 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hello Linn!

How are you my friend :)

I do the same sometimes! I lurk and don't post :)

I haven't tried the Maybelline you're speaking of but I love the name of the color that's for sure :)

I'm not much of a lipstick wearer! I only have about 10 lipsticks at the most?! I'm most a lipgloss girl and a stainer. I stain my lips all the time :)

I love the BJ ink pens, urban decay's lip envy, and a few other stains that I adore! Some people think staining dries out the lips but I've never had a problem and I love it! Gives me a just bitten look!


Bigger hugs to YOU!

November 29, 2007 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger 714Star said...

Hi I know this is such and old post but came across it I was searching for look book #4 I bought #2 and #3 through beautycrunch and now I'm on the look out for the other 2 I'm missing. After reading your entry here I was left wondering what is the Stila Warehouse Sale? I live in California so I'm very interested.

October 11, 2008 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi starlight!

I don't live in CA sadly and only been to the sale once. I have the address at home somewhere..I'll look for it..if I can't locate it I suggest searching "Stila Warehouse" on MUA as they def have the addie listed :)

October 14, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home