Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 27, 2009

Reader's Request: Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Balm Review

You know what the number one problem is when it comes to fine lines under your eyes? Dry skin.

The delicate area under your eyes can occasionally become very dry especially as you age this in fact causes fine lines to look worst than they actually are. At least that's been the case for me.

Your best possible defense against dry skin and fine lines is keeping things as moist and hydrated as possible. Believe me I used just about everything and the kitchen sink to keep the delicate skin under my eyes as moisturized as possible but sometimes even that isn't it enough.

Solution?

Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Balm...miracle in a glass jar.




Check it after the jump!

What is it?

It's a herbal scented balm that resembles vaseline but with a harder texture.

What's it do?

Depuffs, moisturizers, hydrates, soothes, protects, and erases signs of fatigue such as dark circles.

Does it work?

Hells to the yes!


Trust me I'm a Doctor, I think David Tennant said that at one point...but anyway....here's the scoop. Yes, it depuffs, yes it moisturizes, yes it hydrates, yes it improves fine lines (due to dryness) under your eyes, and yes it fights the signs of fatigue but no it doesn't erase dark circles.

So.....

I gave up everything I normally slather under my eyes aside from my AM eye cream to use this for a week and a half. Honestly, that's too short a time to really test it out but the fact is I seen such a dramatic difference since I started might as well tell you the good word now.

It sports a consistency of a balm or a salve hence the name eye balm doh. All you need to do is gently pat it under your eyes and go to bed. Next morning you'll be singing in praise how great you look. It gives an intense shot of good moisture to my dry skin, hydrates it, and does a slight depuff action, LOVE! It also makes me look quite refreshed. Actually when I wake up the following morning it isn't totally absorbed into my skin, it kinda sits around and moisturizes all through the night as I sleep. It's rather ideal if you have some serious dry skin going on. Fact of the matter is if I don't moisture well my fine lines look incredibly bad but when I do get proper moisture you can barely see them and thus the case with this balm. It gives me so much moisture that my fine lines virtually disappear making me look younger, fresher, and flawless.










It's not for everyone.

Thing is I love it but I know that people will likely feel it's like slathering vaseline under your eyes. Not the case as it's a balm and it has a harder texture with a bit of a tacky formula. It could prove to be uncomfortable for some or you may get an "ick" factor after use as it never fully absorbs. As for me I could care less since it gives me all the moisture I crave and than some. I can suffer through a little stickiness for that.

It comes housed in a heavy glass jar and yes sadly you'll have to be dipping your fingers around in there...hello bacteria...only thing I can suggest is to be sure to always use clean hands prior to use. I find that swirling my finger in it with gentle pressure will make the product easier to use as first try it is quite hard and feels like you're not using anything at all. A pressured swirl will get it "worked" up so to speak.

It's $60...honestly, that could be a bit much to drop on a simple balm considering for that chunk of change you can invest in a good quality eye cream. For me it's priceless since it simply works and hey that's what I'm paying for right?

So far, it's on my incredible list. After I'm through with this (which won't be anytime soon as the jar is huge with a ton of product since a little goes a long way) I'll be running to the store for another.

Very good stuff, Muse Approval for purchase.



Overall, if you need to tame the puff, erase the fine lines, and get a super dose of moisture under those tired, dry eyes, Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Balm does the deed and does it well.

Loves it.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger acutelife said...

hi musey, long time no comment! :D im glad to read this post!! im in thailand now and no internet connection for me, i cant view your blog from my mobile phone (weird) so the only time to read and comment is when i got a pc at hand ^^" anyway!have you heard abt a moisturizer called 'simple' (UK brand) it got featured as the top 3 eye cream at marie claire or sumthin :P

August 29, 2009 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Usagi Chan said...

This balm looks like something I would use in the colder months! Maybe not in the mornings but I think it would do a wonderful job re-hydrating the eye area while sleeping.
Hugs :3

August 30, 2009 at 5:31 AM  
Blogger Tali said...

I got a sample and I LOVE it! BUT it is a tad heavy for daytime!

August 30, 2009 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi hana!

Miss you around here :-D sorry about the trouble with your phone! :(

hmmmm yes I did! that good eh!? perhaps I needs this hehe. Thanks for he rec hun!
Hugs!

September 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oh totally tali....it's def a night treatment...even says so on the box :-D It'll look weird going out all greasy with this under my eyes hehe!

September 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

def girl! It's a night treatment only should have said so in the review. Be a bit greasy for day time wear but perfect for hydrating at night :-D

September 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home