Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 13, 2009

Laura Geller I-Care Eyeliner Review

Ok, let me tell you a story. A hundred years ago or so I purchased my first MAC Technakohl and promptly fell in love. To this day I still adore Technakohl but I also hate it. Dontcha just love having a love hate relationship with makeup? That so means you're totally a psychotic product junkie like me, yay us!

So let me explain. Technakohl...omg awesome liner. This is such a dreamy, creamy formula that lines my eyes so perfectly but don't let it wear down. I swear it's probably good for three uses tops before the pencil quickly loses it's sharp edge. Now what? Well nothing. You can't do anything. There isn't anyway you can sharpener a dull Technakohl liner. How can something so great be so incredibly crummy.

Sigh.

Someone suggested to be that I can roll the liner between a napkin or paper to sharpen it...yea well people...I am so not that coordinated...I tried and ended up with a mess of black swirls on a piece of paper.

Forget all this though.

MAC I am so sorry but you've been replaced by the joys of Laura Geller I-Care Eyeliner, damn straight she cares. She cares so much she included a sharpener and a smudger! My god I heard the angels just sing (in my head that is).

Jump ahead to learn more about the brand new Laura Geller I-Care Eyeliner and why the Muse thinks it's the best thing since peanut butter on toast.


What is it?

It's a super, smooth, long wearing, water resistant eye liner that applies like a dream. No skipping, no going back to re-line, just simple one line perfection. This is what love is. The formula is so dreamy and creamy and manages to glide across my lash line in a quick, flawless stroke so I don't have to go back and reline or deal with skippage.






But let's forget the formula for a minute and concentrate on the fact that it has a built in sharpener tucked inside the end cap. Laura you're a master mind! You've solved world peace in my makeup world. I can't believe a soft kohl liner housed in a plastic pencil has a sharpener, it's a gift...from the gods above! The sharpener is really tiny but it manages to create a perfect point each and every single time. It's like getting a new liner every time you sharpener! I admit I purposely squashed the end of my pencil so I could try it out and it created a perfect sharp point for me. I swear my makeup life is complete thanks to this handy, dandy sharpener.


Squashed!

Brand new again!



Ok, enough raving about that.

It also has a flexible, soft spongy smudger that's ideal for smudging out the liner and creating an air of mystery to eyes.






If all this isn't enough let me tell you that Laura Geller I-Care Eyeliner is sold in a pair for $22 bucks!

Have I sold it to you yet?

Get it. Now.

You'll be all the happier that you aren't stuck with a dull pointed liner that you can't sharpener!

Laura Geller I-Care Eyeliner total loves it moment for the Muse and of course a mega Muse Approval for purchase.



Incredible.

Thank you Laura you've heard my prays.

Available now on QVC, Item Number A84597.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Revlon ColorStay eyeliner also has the same type of sharpener but this one is a better deal if it does not smudge. Does this liner smudge when worn?
Laura

August 13, 2009 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

hi muse!! that sounds verrry tempting! so it comes with say if you buy black, 2 black liners in one box?? :O

August 13, 2009 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello :)
I was just wondering if this product was safe for the waterline :]

August 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM  
Blogger Gen said...

I absolutely must have this!

August 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

Hey Musey,
Now you can use this handy-dandy sharpener on your Technakohls & stop hating them =)
OK, you can still hate them a little for not including the sharpener in the first place!

August 13, 2009 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

This seems like a great thing I must try. Also peanut butter on toast. Never tried that one before.

August 13, 2009 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi laura!

ha didn't know revlon had a sharpener cool! no smudging thankfully :D even in this humdiity!

August 17, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sher!

Get 'em they are awesome :-D yup two black, two brown, etc...be cool if it was a mix of two shades!

August 17, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Lauren

I'm not sure. I actually wrote the CS on Laura's site to double check this. I'm sure they are but I just want to be double sure. Will update you when I hear back!

August 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

can't blame ya gen!

It's a super deal :-D

August 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello jessie!

yayayayaya :-D

LOL! will do!

August 17, 2009 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol jackie well you have to try both....peanut butter on toast and the liners :-D

August 17, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home