Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 6, 2009

Fall Nude Lips: Urban Decay Naked Lipstick FOTD


I expressed my delight over the brand new Urban Decay Lipstick for Fall 2009 in Naked in a review recently. Naked is such a flattering shade of nude pink that will pair up beautifully well with a dramatic eye look or in my case a pink look!

Jump ahead for a peep!

For my look below I used a bit of Jill Stuart blush, Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eye Shadow in Ballet, and Urban Decay Lipstick in Naked topped with a clear gloss from Philosophy. The look is fairly simple and innocent. As you can see Naked pairs up very nicely with a no nonsense, less than dramatic eye look but it'll go along just as well with a bolder look that requires a nude lip look that won't take away from the eyes. I'm normally not one for loving nude shades of lipstick but I fell in love with Naked almost instantly on swatch. It's one the most flattering shades of nude pink I've come across and doesn't have a mod look but more of a dewy finish that makes my lips look very natural.






By the way my fresh skin can be blamed on Skin79 BB Cream!

What do you think?

Lover of Urban Decay Naked Lipstick?

Tell it!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger HT said...

I loooove UD Naked. I bought it after reading about it here and then when I got it and tried it, I bought another!!! hahaha :) It's perfect!

August 6, 2009 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger daisychain said...

1) I love this.

2) I've had to move blogs, update your link to www.adaisychaindream.blogspot.com if you feel like it!

Also my e-mail address has changed, laurabudd1@hotmail.co.uk

miss ya girl
x

August 6, 2009 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

You look nice!

August 6, 2009 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

I got this color coming in the mail, can't wait.

August 6, 2009 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger Mollie said...

I wonder, does it have the same color of the XXX Shine Gloss in Naked? Looks like. I think I'd use a clear gloss over the lipstick, too. Very nice!

August 6, 2009 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd :D
thanks babe!

August 7, 2009 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

ally stop back tell us what you think! I think you'll adore it!

August 7, 2009 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oh finch obviously need the xxx gloss now hehe!

August 7, 2009 at 11:40 AM  
Anonymous jonnie said...

i LOVE this lipstick... as I love most of the UD Fall 2009 collection! I went to Sephora the other day and picked up Confession too, while I was at it... and two more eyeshadows (S&M and Revolver... for a nice grey eye with my Confession!), and new blush (Laura Geller in Pink Grapefruit; it looks awesome on me!), and the new Sephora by OPI nail polish in Dark Room... and then I got some new shu uemura skincare and got to talk about Moyocco Anno with the su lady... I may be much poorer, but I had a great week!

I always need to buy lots of girly stuff when I come out of the field! It's like I'm trying to overcompensate for being all military and grubby for weeks straight. :D

August 8, 2009 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

I picked this up today and I really love it. But I think I found a new Too Faced one I might love more. Its called Free Love and its lovely. Its a little lighter in pink than this. You should check it out.

August 9, 2009 at 12:58 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL Jonnie damn girl happy hauling there :-D Can I come over and play!?

That LM blush sounds divine!!!!!!!!! WANT :-D

I feel so bad b/c this week UD has bloody 30% off and you hauled at sephora blah but that's a good excuse to get more maybe lol!

August 12, 2009 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

yes yes jackie I have it :-D Must muse it soon! I'm debating which I like best!

August 12, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home