Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 10, 2009

DuWop Fall Collection 2009


DuWop is always brings something out that the Muse tends to look forward to. Each release somehow delights and surprises me and I'm always hurrying around trying to nail it down for myself when it pops onto shelves. The DuWop Fall Collection has me fairly hyped as it's small but quite thrilling...but than again the Muse is always excited about makeup.

Jump ahead for the full details.

Keeping in with the trend of Fall, DuWop releases a single, vibrant, bold shade of red lipstick with it's Fall 2009 Collection. DuWop Private Red ($22) is a unique, color changing lipstick that creates a personal shade of red based on body chemistry. Hmmm this sounds vaguely familiar to the Muse's ears!


Although quite the little copycat this lipstick supposedly has a rich pigment that leaves behind a slight stain so lips stay red. And judging by the pictures it's far from sheer so we can count this one as possibly an innovative lippie for Fall. I'm ordering it as it sounds intriguing and I do so wish to see how different it is from other color changing products that I've tried as of late.

More lip goodness awaits you with the new DuWop Lipmousse Lipgloss ($22)

A light and fluffy whipped lip color that packs a punch of satiny color. This is a creamy formula that's not quite a gloss but not a lipstick either. It offers intense coverage with a long lasting formula that's not waxy or glossy but simply lightweight.


I imagine the formula is a creamy, matte finish which could prove dry but they do say that this has a moisturizing element to keep lips all happy. Count me curious. I'll also be indulging in one or two to see what I think.

Colors are:
  • Baked Apple (Reddish Rose)
  • Creme Brulee (Pink Beige)
  • Cupcake (Vibrant Rose)
  • Ganache (Dark Plum Brown)
  • Sorbet (Bright Pink)
  • Tart(Berry Plum)

And finally DuWop Primerstone ($38) is a brand new pressed powder with SPF 15 that acts as a primer to even out skin tone, reduce pores, and create a new clean canvas for foundation.

I've never heard of this trick but supposedly makeup artists recommend a light dusting of translucent powder before foundation as this allows for a smoother application and a reduction in the appearance of enlarged pores. Whoa. Never knew that. Seems a messy idea if you're a liquid or cream foundation user like myself but count me up for a try!


Overall, I'd say DuWop has an interesting Fall Collection to look forward to. I'd order but Sephora doesn't have the products yet in stock but expect some sort of rave or rant soonish. I'm looking forward to trying these items out and oops I still have DuWop Summer 2009 to review and swatch for you, that'll be soon I promise.

What do you think of DuWop Fall 2009?

Anything you'd haul?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

Actually, I recommend trying Purely Cosmetics Diamond Perfect finishing powder as a primer before you put on foundation, in addition to using it as a finishing powder, since it's pretty translucent. It works well :)

I'm curious to see what the lip stuff is like!

August 10, 2009 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd :-D

Cool beans :-D I'm curious myself must haul!

August 18, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home