Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 6, 2009

Dior Diorskin Extreme Fix Review


Before there was MAC Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder, before Make Up For Ever HD Powder, there was Dior Diorskin Extreme Fix. In the Spring of 2008 Dior quietly released this interesting little powder as a Nordies Exclusive. It quickly became the must have item in the makeup world but has since disappeared from shelves within the US. If you look really hard you'll probably come across this but I've only seen it in Europe and Asia as a general catalog item as part of the Dior standard collection.

Jump ahead for a peep at this powder and a review.

I've had this powder since February 2008 and it's taken me this long to get down to the nitty gritty of reviewing it.

What is it?

A long lasting setting powder for foundation. It's the same concept as many HD transparent powders you see on the market today. The powder has a silicon base which is supposed to bullet proof foundation and make it last longer. Question, of course, does it work?

I'd like to discuss the formula briefly prior to getting into further details. I will say that the powder is superior to other transparent powders on the market today. It's very silky and has a certain thickness about it I haven't seen in powder before. It smooths onto skin beautifully, doesn't leave a behind a white cast, and is a breathable layer of foundation protection. Although white in color for the most part the powder is transparent once applied.






As of late I forgo foundations in favor of BB creams for the most part. I find BB creams do not need to be set prior with powder as they last considerably longer than any cream or liquid foundation I already have. Even with my normal foundation routine I normally forgo powder since my skin is typically dry and an extra layer of powder flakes up, looks cakey, or just ages my skin. Diorskin Extreme Fix is very lightweight so it absorbs fairly easily without caking or flaking. I haven't really noticed it extending the wear of my foundation but than again not many products do (even really good primer). However, I will say I like the airbrushed finish the powder gives my face. If you have fine lines, uneven skin tone, or just need a powder that gives an ethereal glow to your skin this does just that.

Overall, I'm happy to have added it to my collection but I do admit I don't use it much. You can probably find a cheap alternative but if you're a Dior fan I imagine you'll want to add it to your collection. I will say out of all my transparent powders this is a favorite and I feel the formula is considerably better than any I've tried prior to this that are available in the US (not speaking for the Asian beauty market).

All in all it's a very nice powder and I really should utilize it more as maybe I'll fall in love with it as that has yet to happen.

Anyone a fan?

Have it in your beauty train case?

Love it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home