Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 13, 2009

Dr. Denese Firming Facial Resurfacing Peel Review


The Muse gets so scared when she sees products that say "firming" on them. Oh please tell me I don't need any firming action on my face yet! I'm only in my 30's....I'm scared hold me. I swear the words firming, wrinkle, and age spots just terrify me.

Of course when I got my hands on Dr. Denese Firming Facial Resurfacing Peel I got all kinds of scare.

But have no fear, it's so much more than a firming peel!

Check it after the review.

What is it?

It's a creamy orange peel that's meant to brighten and refresh your complexion. Phew nothing about firming actions yet, looks like I'm safe. It exfoliates to reveal smoother skin plus...here it comes...it firms and tones while improving elasticity. EEP!




In all seriousness I'm not yet ready to firm, tone, or improve my elasticity yet. So far my elasticity is snapping back like a rubber hand. But that doesn't prevent me from enjoying this peel.

It's actually meant for anyone with poor skin texture and uneven skin tone, certain dullness or anyone lacking radiance and glow or even dry, rough, tired skin. Some of this applies to me in a major way.

The general idea is you apply to a clean dry face and leave on for few minutes. Those with sensitive skin may notice a tingling or stinging so do a patch test prior to use. The formula is a rich, gel-like cream that has a bright, sunny orange scent. Once it's on my face I don't feel much but than again my skin is bulletproof you could probably throw acid it on it and I wouldn't notice.

One of the main things I love about it is it resurfaces my entire facial area as I wear it. This basically means those patchy cheeks and flaky areas between my eyes gets eaten up and exfoliated by the mask.




After I've left it on for a few I rinse with lukewarm water. You'll instantly noticed your face is flushed and looking considerably better than before you started. I use it two to three times a week. I haven't really noticed a major change in my skin as of yet but I do see a difference right after use and a few hours after use but nothing long term yet. I generally like the idea of having great skin just for a few hours as it seems to make makeup application smoother and makes my skin looks more like it's glowing. I've only used it for a week so I'll continue on and hope for long term results.

It's quite an interesting peel and fairly affordable at around $30. Overall, I'd purchase again after I ran out because I do like that it exfoliates at the very least without using scratchy crystals.

Definitely in my likey book! I'll update you on my progress with it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home