Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 6, 2009

Hauled It: The Body Shop Cosmetics


Several days ago I was telling you The Body Shop had a super sale going on with it's cosmetics. Online all Body Shop Cosmetics were 3 for $10, pretty sweet deal. I passed The Body Shop last week and ran across their sale display and check it, the deal is sweeter in store. The sale is 5 for $10 bucks in store, likey! They had a whole lot of everything in the store I went to which was surprising as at these prices you'd think it would either be all destroyed or long gone. Guess the economy even stops us from great sales at this point, how sad.

Although much of what was offered I either wasn't into or had already I still dug around in the bins and came up with a few bits and bobs I hauled home with me!


Jump ahead for my Body Shop haul!

I honestly only seen one item I truly wanted in the sale bins which was The Body Shop RoseFlower Blush in 02. I already have 01 and it's a tad bit sheer but this is a bubbly rose shade that I absolutely fell for at my first glance when it popped onto the scene. I'm happy to have nabbed it on sale. The original price was $20 and they had it marked down for $10 bucks or pick 5 items for $10. I only wanted the blush but since it was pick 5 items for $10 bucks I thought of it as just getting the other four items for free.






I ended up getting the following bits and bobs.

Body Shop Lipstick in some unknown color, looks like maybe it was released last Summer? Not sure. It's a metallic burnt orange shade, quite pretty really for Summer.




I snatched up one of the Spring shades from the Moroccan Rose Collection which I actually have but decided to double up on as these lippies were really special.




The Body Shop Liquid Lip Color in 03? Not much help shade wise but it's a rather pretty maroon that will look lovely in the Fall or Winter.




And The Body Shop Lip Click Gloss in a very, very pretty metallic red shade which dupes MAC Royal Romp rather nicely.




I was pretty impressed with the offerings and the great price tag. The Body Shop's semi-annual sale was particularly great this year for hauling bath and body products or cosmetic items. Def head in store for a peek at what's left in your shop as it's ending soon.

Anyone haul from The Body Shop?

What steals and deals did you end up with?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura Kristine said...

Great haul! I'll have to stop by The Body Shop tomorrow when I'm at the mall to poke around! (It's right across from the Lush, so I know I'll be by there!)

That blush is some serious pretty. I'm crossing my fingers that there's some good stuff left!

July 6, 2009 at 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh! 5 for 10!!!
we get them 3 for 15! lol
they were 3 for 10 before in stores apparently...
but guess it wasn't selling well and they increased it to 5 for 10!
haha...maybe that means canada will do it too?? cause if it is 5 for 15 I will totally jump and buy more of the radiance sticks and this blush, I have this one as well, and have fallen in love with it.
anyway great picks muse :)

July 6, 2009 at 11:48 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

Hi muse!! I feel like I haven't commented in forever! how are you?? I am loving the look of the blush, I'd love a review when you get the chance :)

July 7, 2009 at 2:00 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey elle

come back and tell us what you haul curious if the hauling is as good your end :-D as it was mine. Hope you score the blush!

July 7, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi rasilla

even 5 for 15 is pretty darn good :-D you are prob right, it was probably 3 for 10 and ended up 5 for 10...I didn't go the first days of the sale so unsure but I'm sure that was the case in the long wrong.

Hope you get the sale in Canada :-D

July 7, 2009 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey sher

hehe yes :-D missed ya around here. I'll def get a swatch and review for ya! You can see my older review on the other shade around here until I get a new one posted :-D

July 7, 2009 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

I'm totally bumped with TBS. It'd be nice to have 5 for $10 over here. I should have waited

July 8, 2009 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

aw sorry halifax :(

July 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home