Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 15, 2009

Beauty News: Avon In Bloom Fragrance by Reese Witherspoon

Avon continues it's growth as of late with it's Fall launch of In Boom by Reese Witherspoon. Partnering with many celebs as of late Avon continues it's growth spurt in a hard economy with many friendly budget options for the woman on a shoestring budget or even now appealing to those of us who prefer higher end brands.


Jump ahead to hear more about Avon In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon

Reese Witherspoon has partnered with Avon for her very first fragrance launch. The fragrance is a sensual, mysterious blend with top notes of peach, tea leaves, and crisp greens. The heart of the fragrance is a more floral blend featuring notes of gardenia, magnolias, and night-blooming jasmine.

Reese explains while developing In Bloom she was drawn to scents that reminded her of her childhood growing up in Tennessee, “We had a great big Magnolia tree in the back yard, and it's that beautiful white blossom that inspired the perfume. In Bloom is indicative of where I am in my life today. I'm feeling very strong and independent, and so happy, so full of life. The fragrance truly captures that feeling—it's very sensual, very romantic and alluring.”

The fragrance will be an Eau de Parfum and available in two sizes of 1.7oz ($34 USD) and a 1oz limited edition version ($59 USD). A body mist, lotion, and shower gel will also accompany the release for $15 USD each.

Reese was fully involved with the creation of In Bloom from the development of the fragrance to it's name. She wanted the fragrance to be a true reflection of her own personal style.

Sounds interesting enough to me! I'm not too into floral but breaking the notes up with peach could make this appealing to me. I'll be getting one to review for sure as count me curious plus I find Reese rather cute.

What do you think?

Do you like celeb inspired fragrances?

Not so much?

Which have you loved?

Hated?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger plue said...

i wonder, if this is magnolia scented?

i am searching high n low for magnolia scents which are just so hard to find! Very rare!

and we have just got the Golden 24K lippies! off me going to check them out!

June 15, 2009 at 11:34 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey plue

it has a base of magonila so we shall see :-D I'll see if I can get some and review for you soon :-D

Omg the 24k lippies are awesome, LOVE!

June 16, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger plue said...

thanks Muse dearie!

ur review will definitely be helpful!!!

now i can sit back n wait for ur reviews, and hope the fragrance comes soon to malaysia!

June 16, 2009 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey :-D

awww I feel so specials that my reviews will help ya decide :-D

I can't wait to test it myself as I really like peach so I'm eager to see if it's fresh and fruity or more floral!

June 16, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home