Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 7, 2009

Boots Original Beauty Formula Review

Well slap me happy the Boots Original Beauty Formula is at Target! Back to basics is where it's at with Boots Original Beauty Formula. The Muse heard about Boots Original Beauty Formula about a month ago when she popped across it on the Boots UK site but little did she know she'd find it at her local Target so quickly.




Well, whoa. Awesome Target! Well done.

I honestly didn't expect to see this arrive at Target so quickly and it was shocking to see the display sitting there all happy like and awaiting me to haul from it. The Muse hearts you Target.












Jump ahead for the raves.

Back to basics is where it's at with the Boots Original Beauty Formula. Think your grandmother's skincare regime and you'll pretty much get the idea. Heavy glass jars, rose scented products, and just a very basic concept. Loves it. The Muse happens to love the C.O. Bigelow Rose line so she of course is totally digging all over everything in the Boots Original Beauty Formula as many of the skincare items are rose scented.

I only indulged in the facial line but there is an entire body line available as well. Sadly, my Target was sold out of alot of the items available but I still managed to haul three prime pieces.

It deserves to be mentioned that these items are no way going to take over my normal skincare regime but regardless they are decently priced and fun for those days I'm just hurrying to do a quick clean up at the end of the night.

I hauled the following items:

  • Boots Original Beauty Formula Cold Cream ($9.99 USD)
  • Boots Original Beauty Formula Overnight Skin Cream ($12.99 USD)
  • Boots Original Beauty Formula Skin Tonic Damask Rose ($9.99 USD)

Before I get into my review I will mention that with the conversion rate as it is right now, the prices of the products are around the same as what you'd get in the UK minus $1-$4 at most. I picture little old English ladies running to their newest Boots to stock up on all these items.

As I mentioned this is very basic skincare, simplicity at it's best in my humble opinion. The Boots Original Beauty Formula Cold Cream has a light rose scent that's very pretty but could prove too much for those sensitive to smell. It comes housed in a heavy vintage glass style jar and is an extra thick, cold cream meant for removing makeup. Now it's not going to get off waterproof mascara but it does a fine job of removing everything else and washing cleanly away while making your face feeling very moist and dewy. To use simply rub onto dry skin and remove with a wet wash cloth, rinse and done, simple!
















Boots Original Formula Overnight Skin Cream is a bergamot scented night cream, sigh I sure did wish for rose but that's ok it smells lovely none the less. It's quick absorbing and leaves skin feeling very moisturized however it could possibly be a bit too much for oily or even normal skin types. It's not thick mind you and has a gel-like feel but it's just a tad heavy. almost but not quite greasy. I find it does an good job as an overnight cream and leaves my dry skin nice and moist but it does make my forehead a tiny shiny. Not bad though and I'm sure I'll be thankful for it in the Winter. Again, it also comes housed in a heavy vintage style jar. I'm quite partial to the packaging of all of the line as it's so retro and vanity worthy.










Lastly I hauled the Boots Original Beauty Formula Skin Tonic which is also rose scented. This contains a combination of rose oil and hydrating glycerin. I'm no stranger to these ingredients as I use them quite often in the Winter to get my face prepped and primed for moisturizer! I was in high debate with myself over the price however since it's a 5oz size for $9.99 and I can get an 8oz of Burts Bees Rosewater & Glycerin Toner for $9-$12. I've since forgiven it for the price since it comes in such a cute glass bottle. It feels a tad more moisturizing compared to what I normally use and honestly rose oil and glycerin in any form is a gift from the gods the Muse thinks. It works amazing at removing flaky skin and prepping your skin so whether you try this one or just any glycerin toner, know that your skin will thank you every so kindly for the extra moisture.








I'm unsure whether I deem the items expensive. It seems like very large jars that will last a while so I lean towards saying they are quite nicely priced. I'm quite pleased that Target imported them so quickly as I really thought we'd possibly never see them or it would be months before they reached our shores. If you're looking for a nice, simple skincare regime I recommend checking these out. I'm quite happy with all three and the entire line seems quite wonderful. Boots never really fails to make me smile. Well done Boots and Target the Muse Approves.


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Laura R said...

the vintage designs are SO ADORABLE! *swoons*
i might have to get the toner!

May 8, 2009 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

agreed Laura :-D

love love love the packaging!

May 8, 2009 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my muse - you like Boots?? That makes me smile! I feel awful for not paying more attention to boot's own things!! Next time I will take a longer stroll through the aisles!! LOL

May 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi glow!

yes :-D hehe. Some boots is really great :-D Although it suffers some in quality when it arrives here for some reason lmao!

:-D

Def check it!

May 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home