Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 4, 2009

100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Color Collection Review, Swatches, and FOTD

Calling all Vegans, animal lovers, and green friendly makeup lovers! You'll be happy to hear that 100% Pure Cosmetics is a vegan line that's not tested on animals and contains 100% pure ingredients. Gotta love that!

The Muse was intrigued by 100% Pure Cosmetics for a while now so she ended up indulging in an 8 piece set that was available on QVC recently and boy am I glad I did!


Jump ahead for the review!

100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Color Collection is an 8 piece set available exclusively via QVC for $60 USD (Item Number A87687). I've been wanting to indulge in 100% Pure Cosmetics for a while now and the perfect opportunity arose with this set as it covered all the basics for face, cheeks, and lips plus throw in some brushes and a cute box and I'm sold.

The set comes housed in a cute and rather large blue flip top box with ribbon closure. Inside full size products of the following items are included:

  • 100% Pure Cosmetics Mascara in Black Tea
  • 100% Pure Cosmetics Juicy Lip Gloss in Pinkberry
  • 100% Pure Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Vanilla Sugar
  • 100% Pure Cosmetics in Cocoa Plum
  • 100% Pure Cosmetics Blush in Strawberry
  • 100% Pure Cosmetics Dual-Ended Creamy Eyeliner Pencil in Chocolate/Champagne
  • 100% Pure Cosmetics (Cruelty-Free, Vegan) Blush Brush and Eye Shadow Brush




As I mentioned all the items are full size so it's quite a nice bargain for the complete set. The only thing that disappointed me about the cosmetics was the lack of fragrance. On several reviews I read ravings about how pretty the cosmetics smelled and for some odd reason I was under the impression they might smell fruity but ado they do not. Aside from that minor compliant the entire set is incredible and the cosmetics are outstanding and very, very, very pigmented.










The shadows are extremely silky smooth and blend like a dream. The incredible pigmentation of both shadows was simply amazing (these could be better pigmented than MAC). Both colors are nice but my favorite was Cocoa Plum which is a deep cranberry with a heavy dose of brown. The other shade, Vanilla Sugar, is a nice champagne beige which works great as a highbrow highlighter or an all over color wash.














The blush was also incredibly pigmented and a nice warm shade of pink, very rosy and healthy. It was one of my favorite items in the kit because of it's cute packaging. It comes housed in a sweet pink metallic tin with a removable top which makes it vanity worthy. The only problem with the brush I noticed was it kicks up quite a bit of loose particles when you swipe your brush across it. I was saddened by this since it wastes a whole lot of product, especially considering a little goes a very, very, very long way.








The gloss in Pinkberry compliments the brush beautifully. It's a warm pink which is almost a subdued brick red shade. The formula is also very pigmented and quite glossy. The texture of the gloss is a tad watery and loose so it does tend to run right off your lips but it tastes very nice, gives lips a nice hint of shine and color so I do excuse this minor flaw.




The dual-ended creamy eyeliner pencil in Chocolate/Champagne was the product I liked least. Considering they already covered the eyes with the powder shadows I found this product irrelevant to the set plus I didn't like the shades. I know some will love this as a base product or even on it's own. The product itself has no flaws to speak of. It's creamy, blends well, and has plenty of pigment. But the shades made my eyes look a bit bruised. One side is a deep off maroon shade and the other is at taupe gray shade but are highly unflattering imho.








And finally the mascara I was prepared to be disappointed with as it's just a standard straight line applicator. But it's actually incredible good and does a fine job of lengthening my lashes plus the packaging is quite nice. It comes housed in a slick silver tube with pretty little flowers etched onto the tube! Gorg!






The brushes included with the kit are quite nice as well. Both are full size with white handles and are made from synthetic fibers. They aren't fantastic but they are decent, very soft and blend product well. They aren't as dense as I like my brushes to be but aside from that they are quite nice in quality and packaging.




For my look below I used the Strawberry blush on my cheeks, Vanilla Sugar eye shadow on my high brown, Cocoa Plum on my lid and crease, Pinkberry on my lips, and complete with the mascara. It's a fairly warm look and quite elegant and pretty! Very work friendly too!








All in all I thought the 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Color Collection was quite worth it's price. Broken down each piece comes to $7.50 USD each so where could you possibly go wrong? If you like extremely pigmented cosmetics with pretty, girlish packaging, plus vegan friendly and animal cruelty free you're sure to love everything about 100% Pure. I'm converted! I'll definitely be purchasing more 100% Pure Cosmetics in the future. I'm Muse Approving this kit for purchase and all of the 100% Cosmetic line as it's obviously a fantastic line up of product.



Loves it!

Have you tried 100% Pure?

Do share!

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Lisha said...

Such a pretty box ! It isn't available on the site ... or I can't find it XD
They sadly don't ship to Europe ... too bad , because I really like their whole philosophy and after reading your review I really really really want to try it myself ...

May 4, 2009 at 3:20 PM  
Anonymous Mia said...

Want!!! I love the pink!

May 4, 2009 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I like the blush the best on you.
The eye shadows seem a bit boring, but yay that they're super pigmented ;)

May 4, 2009 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

the colors look very good together... I like how warm and mellow they look on you :) you look cute. hee hee

May 4, 2009 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger Mukho said...

Hi Muse, looking good!! :)
A very pretty box, and the products seem nice too. I sure could do with some vanilla sugar for my workday eye..

May 5, 2009 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Mademoiselle Joliette

It's the US site under the item number listed but yes they don't ship to europe :( sadly.

I have noticed ALOT of it on ebay for not bad prices so if you want to sneak around ebay you may find a product or two at a decent price :D

May 5, 2009 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi mia

it's a great one :-D

May 5, 2009 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd

I agree the shadow shades are a tiny bit boring but I think the brown really works well with my eyes :D

May 5, 2009 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

aw thanks connie :-D

Yes I think they are very warm and just natural...not a crazy amount of makeup just simplicity :-D

May 5, 2009 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi mukho

thanks hun!

the whole kit is rather work friendly :-D

May 5, 2009 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, they look nice and not that expensive. I live in Europe and they sell these in a local shop, but the price is too high for me... Mascara is like 20€ :S

May 5, 2009 at 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Cheryls said...

I love love love how the blush looks on you. It could be your awesome application but your cheeks look so smooth.. it blends really well.


While reading your review, I was meh about most things. The blush and the mascara caught my eye though.

You should wear this blush everyday!!

May 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

aw thanks cheryls :-D

You're lovely!

It's def not my application skills though hehe guess it's just the blush :D

the blush can always be purchased separate and the mascara :D

Thanks hun!

May 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

omg big price jack kalypsa!

eep! that's costly!

May 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Justine said...

There will be another kit like this towards the end of the summer. In one of the QVC shows on Tax Day, Susie (the inventor of 100% Pure) said that kit will include a lip glaze (twist-up stick in a slim chrome tube -- looks very elegant).

May 5, 2009 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

yes I seen that Justine :-D

looks quite lovely!

May 6, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home