Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 3, 2009

Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color Platinum Gold Review and Swatches

Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color in Platinum Gold was released as part of the Spring Collection this year and proved extremely difficult to get a hold off. Almost as soon as it released it was sold out in Japan right away. See kids? Japan knows what LE really means!




Jump ahead to hear a rave about Platinum Gold!

Proving to be one of the most elusive items to date that the Muse had to track down, Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color in Platinum Gold also happens to be the most beautiful. After it selling out in Japan I had to quickly located it in Taiwan, which bless be, it was easy enough to locate. It's understandable why it was so popular as it's probably one of the prettiest shades in the Jelly Eye collection. The color is a white gold with contrasting silver shimmer and sparkle. It's heavy duty sparkle so if you're not a lover you'd best keep away from Jelly Eye Shadows in general.




Although it's a cream shadow it blends effortlessly and creates a soft, subtle golden shimmer on the lid that can only be described as stunning. It also lends a certain lightness to my eyes so it's particularly nice if I'm having a dark circle day or baggy eye day as this will brighten up my eyes a fair bit. I've have a few of the Jelly Eye Shadows before and I really like the formula. As I mentioned the formula blends easily and it's also very light and smooth, not heavy at all, so it feels silky on. Although for some the amount of shimmer could be a deal breaker. It doesn't dry quickly so it gives plenty of time to blend the shadow out, I'm a sucker for cream shadows that don't dry right away as I think this causes woe for blending. The shadow comes housed in a gorgeous jar with a pretty silver top, very feminine and elegant.






The shade is probably my favorite from the line so far and is truly a pretty addition for Spring. It may prove slightly difficult to find so I suggest trying KATE Gel Eyeshadow in GD-1 or Coffret D'Or Fluffy Shine Eyes in 03. Both of these options are easier to find stateside and cheaper as well!

Apologies for my bare lips in the photos!










I'm looking forward to seeing what Jill Stuart has in store for us this Summer! I've been kinda off the Jill Stuart bandwagon lately but I'm always excited for new release.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

It's pretty and sparkly :)
I like the nice golden glow.

April 3, 2009 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd :D

Sparkle and gold what more could a girl want?!

April 3, 2009 at 3:50 PM  
Anonymous xphoenix06 said...

OMG! I've been hearing so MUCH about Jill Stuart's cosmetics line! I want to get my hands on her products so BAD!! I've been looking online and everywhere to but I can't seem to find anyplace in the US near me that has Jill Stuart cosmetics besides ebay (big rip-off) :( The more and more I read about JS the more and more I'm wanting the products so badly! The cream e/s is gorgous! Instant glow and glam! :)

April 4, 2009 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi xphoenix!

They have a great line of stuff. Jill Stuart isn't sold in the US that's why you're having a hard time finding it :( There are online shops aside from Ebay but they are still rather highly priced.

It's def nice stuff :-D Check out my Japanese Shopping Guide it might be helpful to locate JS!

Good luck!

April 7, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home