Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 2, 2009

Shills Flawless Foundation Cream Review


DJ put a record on I wanna dance with my new Shills Flawless Foundation Cream aka shameless dupe of Benefit Some Kind of Gorgeous. Oh my god it gets more and more comical as I try out Shills and notice the incredible similarities between them and Benefit.

How shameful! But still I'm loving me some Shills anyway!

Read ahead for a review on Shills Flawless Foundation Cream.


Before I begin my review I think their may be a debate of whether Shills originated in China or Taiwan. I honestly can't verify. I've only personally seen it available in Taiwan not China but I've heard from readers that it's available in various parts of China. Personally, I've only seen it available in Taiwan. I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

So Shills Flawless Foundation Cream and Benefit Some Kind of Gorgeous...oh my the very my two products that are exactly alike in just about everything but price. Shills is $239TWD or so where as Some Kind of Gorgeous is $28 USD. You can obviously see the better bargain here.








What is it?

It's a cream foundation that dries down to a matte powder finish.

Where as the sole compliant with Benefit Some Kind of Gorgeous was the fact that it was such a nasty oily mess you'll quickly notice that you won't have any of the same problems with Shills Flawless Foundation Cream. I personally adore cream foundations and most of my makeup "career" has been based around cream foundations. When I got my hands on Some Kind of Gorgeous it was an utter nightmare so I'm happy to report that the Shills version is way nicer and pretty ideal for Summer wear!




The formula of the foundation is quite a nice silky blend. It starts out a cream but quickly dries down to a powder finish which allows for ease of blending, good coverage, and fantastic oil control. I'm unable to take full advantage of this since my skin is dry but when the Summer sets in and I'm looking to mattify my skin, this is ideal.

The product only comes in one shade which is very flattering for anyone with yellow undertones and needs alot of beige to tame that. I thought it was a little too dark for my skin but I made it work by using a little and blending it out. It comes housed in a great little dual compact which has the foundation on top and has a stealthy little compartment on the bottom for the sponge.


As I mentioned it's a cheap dupe of Benefit with it's record packaging which I thought was kinda of funny. Much of the line has cutesy style packaging a la Benefit style, terrible I know.


It's quite pigmented and has heavy coverage so it's not completely ideal for Summer-wear but it does tame oil very well and offers a nice flawless finish to skin. I think it would be particularly good at covering up large pores as well. Overall, I liked it but wasn't in love with it simply because they color was very dark and beige. If they released a lighter shade of this I could see myself Muse Approving it for purchase.






If you're wanting it I suggest checking E-bay as there are a few E-bayer's selling Shills. I paid retail which was $239TWN I believe so try to keep that in mind prior to getting purchasing at a scary price.

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Nosh said...

Thank you SOOO much for this post Muse! I just got 3 of them off ebay LOL ... I am a fan of the Benefit version but I am somewhere in between the 2 shades they offer and this one looks like it will match me so much better *fingers crossed*... I love you!! <3

April 2, 2009 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Bijin Blair said...

Hello Muse!

If I'm not mistaken, Shills is Taiwanese brand. I wonder what were they thinking by releasing a foundation with only a single shade?

Have you tried any primers from them that's worth recommending?

April 2, 2009 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger bk377 said...

It's not just Shills..... Korean brand Banila Co. have some blatant Benefit rip-offs too. I love them but come on guys, more of your OWN ideas please!

April 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is this a BB cream?

April 2, 2009 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

Thanks for posting about this! I'll be on the lookout from now on :D

April 3, 2009 at 12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first thing. you went to taiwan??? (my birth place & where I lived for my first 18 years!0

ok, never heard of this but when i first saw it, i thought of benefit of course! :)

it looks interesting though. and that is a CHEAP price. LOL

April 3, 2009 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Nosh! how are you? my pleasure :-D Awesome!!!!!!!!!! I hope you like! :-D Aw shucks love ya back!

April 3, 2009 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi blair!

Yup agreed but I got a slew of email telling it was a chinese brand but as far as I knew it was Taiwanese! Got confused :-D

I think it's b/c it's an asian product and meant to tame yellow undertones as it has ALOT of beige...??? Sorta a universal color or something!? Benefit did the same with Some Kind of Gorgeous :-D

Yes I reviewed two already just hit the tag button for Shills and you'll see the primer reviews.

April 3, 2009 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey bora!

LOL! aw lord hehe :-D but it really does kinda make me grin!

April 3, 2009 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi bunny!

Ummm honestly no. It doesn't claim to perform as a bb nor does it feel like one so I feel safe saying no. They prob just tacked "bb" on it. Lots of brands have taken to doing that lately!

April 3, 2009 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi connie!

My pleasure! :D

April 3, 2009 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oh no never jojoba just a friend that lives in Taiwan :D should have worded my review better. Been to Thailand and Japan but never to Taiwan :-D

I didn't know you were Taiwanese! Ah! Awesome :-D

Seriously! Freaking awesome cheap lol :-D why can't the US market embrace Korean and Taiwanese prices!

April 3, 2009 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Bijin Blair said...

I checked and they are selling this foundation at approx twice the retail in Taiwan!! But it's still kinda cheap haha.

Oh yes, they have this YSL/Dior type pen concealer! Did you get it?

April 6, 2009 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi blair

the story of our lives hehe. unreal :-D but yes it's still cheap but totally bugs me anyway that they do this!

No I didn't...but it did look interesting! I got a pore cream and a few other bits I'll be reviewing soon!

April 7, 2009 at 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for sure it's Taiwan! it says on the package~ and the models for the brand are Taiwanese models too~

June 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home