Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 31, 2009

Pieces of Life: the Cheap Edition


Two bucks for a satchel? 4 for a box? Word.

Dudes, sit tight and listen to my tale of cheap!

Ok, last night I was wandering around Sephora and loaded my cart up with stuff I didn't really need. As I was getting ready to check out I clicked up on my samples and proceeded to select the gift box option. I always get the box as I use the awesome Sephora gift boxes for storing bits and bobs. They are such sturdy boxes, they make a great organizer for little pieces of makeup and other items.

After selecting all my options and punching in my debit card number I was about to hit submit when I realized my total was a tiny bit off. Hmmm wonder why?

Turns out that gift boxes and satchels are no longer free at Sephora. For serious. Now it's $4 USD for a gift box and a satchel is $2 USD. Ummm so not cool. Ew. I was being totally cheap so I removed the box option and was about to go for the satchel when I realized that they were charging for that too! Damn. Oh well I suppose I can understand charging for the box but the satchel was a bit on the ridiculous side.

To add insult to injury I had added the new Korres pack they have for free with your Beauty Rewards. I was quite chuffed about this and was looking forward to getting it. I had over $76 USD in my cart which more than qualifies for free shipping on the items I had purchased. When I added it into my cart they were charging me $5.95 USD to ship all my items but if I remove it shipping was free. What the frack? No likey paying shipping for something that's free.

Anyway, this was my rant of the day about Sephora. I'm not loving all these changes but I suppose they are necessary in this economy but that doesn't mean I have to like 'em!

Grrr!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Abby said...

Grrrr!!! That's really annoying, trying to get something that you thought was free and realizing that now they're charging for it...

March 31, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

Wow, thats crazy! I'm glad that I got the box on my last order. I usually get the satchel, but I only have about 50 of those lying around. And whats up with that shipping! Not cool!

March 31, 2009 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

I know abby :P I was so disappointed wth!?

March 31, 2009 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jackie.

I was kinda sorta shocked, can't believe they even charge for the satchels!?

I don't get why they charge shipping on the item when I am buying stuff anyway it would be diff if I am cashing out my beauty points without actually buying anything, i can understand they will charge shipping but it's so bizaaro to charge when I am buying something anyway!?

March 31, 2009 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is not fair! Sephora was super awesome for the free shipping and free gift packages. Now they charge everything? Pretty soon we'll have to pay for the samples too?

Thank you for letting us know, Muse! Otherwise I would be charged for things that are supposed to be free.

March 31, 2009 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Andee Nero said...

Have you tried to order over the phone? People can be a lot more lenient than computers!

March 31, 2009 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dao!

I know ew! I was thinking they would totally cut samples before you know it!

My pleasure hun! As I as ready to hit submit and didn't notice otherwise I'd have paid 4 bucks for a dumb box :P

March 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi andee

no I didn't bother I just thought it might be good idea to tell people about it as many folks do internet orders :-D

March 31, 2009 at 12:14 PM  
Anonymous sloan said...

Hi!
What the FRACK indeed!! How embarrassing - you can't tell me that Sephora is losing so much money that they now have to charge for boxes, satchels, and shipping of FREE items!! I guess that's one more notch on the "hate" side of my love-hate relationship with them! :)

March 31, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey sloan!

I know :( so sad sigh! Really worries me as I'm a big supporter of sephora but this is insane. The box I can understand but the bloody satchel is insane! Sheesh!

March 31, 2009 at 12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

times are bad anow now sephora's starting to annoy too. i have seen cafes raised price of their drink at changed to a smaller cup size at the same time! WTF??!! that's really a bad thing they did. hmm, wonder who else will start doing this. but on the brighter side, people will think twice about spending and getting the boxes without recycling them. it's better for the environment. (i like you to use them for storage!) Someday my boy will thank you for saving the trees!

March 31, 2009 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jojoba!

omg that sucks :( Everything is going up sigh! I could understand the boxes but damn the satchels too!?

that's true! It is saving the trees :) I normally never throw 'em out and use them for storage :-D

March 31, 2009 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Crissy K said...

whoa!! That's disgusting. Sephora should find ways to cut losses in other ways like not investing in rediculous items like the metropolis mini straightener (crap) etc. And they should talk. In their shipment they waste so much paper, plastic and cardboard they could start their own recycling plant.

March 31, 2009 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger contests and such said...

Wow! I can't believe that! That totally sucks! Like you I use my gift boxes for storage (nail polish to be exact). I am a nail polish junkie and that was a great storage box for them. :(

April 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi crissy!

I agree actually. They do invest it some seriously stupid items...like the No No? duh! LOL!

April 1, 2009 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi

Ooo that's a great way to use 'em! I'm not much of a np junkie but I normally stash makeup in 'em or tarts and other do dads :-D

April 1, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home