Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 31, 2009

Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush Review

Wanna meet the new love of my life?

Meet Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush an absolutely essential item for Summer.






Combining equal parts blush with a beautiful bronzer and you'll end up with the perfect shade of gorgeous! Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush is the ideal product for people like myself who really don't like bronzers. The powder combines the richness of bronzer but with just the right touches of peach to create a warm shade of blush that's bound to flatter any skin tone.

The blush is housed in the new standard Dior compact which they have currently embraced for a majority of the line. This isn't the traditional blue shade though, it's a deep brown shade. Quite pretty and practical so you're not worried about scratching up the palette or not wanting to use it because it's too gorgeous.




Inside you'll find a beautiful quilted design on the powder. The design has the Dior logo which isn't easy rubbed off after a few times using the powder, that's always a plus as I adore designs on my palettes. The design has equals parts blush versus bronzer so you can use the shades separate or together. I prefer using the shades together as it creates the perfect glow on my cheeks but if you prefer you can use the shades separate. The bronzer can be used to give cheeks a glow or to contour your face where as the blush part can be used to cast a peachy glow on your cheeks. The powder does have a fine shimmer overlay but it quickly rubs away after first use so you're left with a silky satin finish.









I'm happy to report that the Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush is available in two shades, both of which are available in the US. Traditionally, Dior releases items in two shades but the US only ever gets the one color selection. I was pleased that this time around both shades are available within the US.

So far I've only tried Coral Riviera but I'll be purchasing the second shade Rose Brazilia shortly as I was deeply impressed with how well Coral Riviera performs. I think the bronzer is the ideal solution for anyone afraid of bronzers or who doesn't like using a bronzer as it gives a perfect glow to face and cheeks. I think it also prevents those with a heavier hand, like myself, from using too much product. As I find if I use a bronzer powder and follow up with a blush I overdo the amount I'm using. When I use the Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush I get the perfect ratio of blush and bronzer. The powder will work for just about any skin tone but I think it's particularly a great addition to a fair or medium skin tone as it's a good color combo that doesn't appear too orange, too muddy, or too brown on a lighter skin tone. After I used the blush I thought it made me look like I used NARS Orgasm on my cheeks but with more pop and just the right amount of a sunny peachy glow. Loves it!








Who would love this?

  • Anyone who hates bronzers!
  • Anyone with a lighter skin tone that has always wanted to use a bronzer but was scared to!
  • Those who want a sunny, peachy glow on their cheeks!
  • Anyone who doesn't want to use a bronzer and a blush but prefers one product that can perform both functions in one swipe of your brush.

Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush is my ideal Summer bronzer and I absolutely love it. I look forward to trying the other shade in the collection shortly and bringing you a review of it. I can't recommend this enough and give it my highest Muse Approval for purchase.


Overall, the blush is simplicity at it's best and makes using bronzer a snap! I love the overall look of the product on my cheeks and feel like it's a perfect addition to your Summer makeup wardrobe.

Likey!

Tried it?

Wanting to?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger sarahPUFFY! said...

I know about the coral shade but didn't know that a rose one was available! I've seen the coral one before and its a real stunner. Did you get yours at Sephora?

March 31, 2009 at 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Musie,I don't know,whether it's a blush or you,but you look really slim here.
I liked the pics a lot!
Thanks for the post,very informative,as usual!

March 31, 2009 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

I never like to use a bronzer but i would still go and check this out..

April 1, 2009 at 4:31 AM  
Blogger Inge said...

That looks beautiful. I like the Dior compacts. They're like the polar opposite of flimsy. I'll definitely check this out. I love a subtle bronzer.

What is on your eyes in the picture? It looks very pretty.

April 1, 2009 at 5:02 AM  
Anonymous robin said...

just got it from sephora muse after seeing your review. it looks incredible on your cheeks. i can't wait to get mine

April 1, 2009 at 9:07 AM  
Anonymous chrissy said...

I love it! I want it!

April 1, 2009 at 9:42 AM  
Anonymous gio said...

This is beautiful and it looks great on you! I have pale skin and am always looking for a good subtle bronzer, so I'll definitely check this out.

April 1, 2009 at 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just got the rose brazillia harmonie blush and it is absolutely gorge! must now go back to get the coral riveria sharon m

April 1, 2009 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sarah!

Yes yes yes :-D thank god too as I wants it :-D Yes Sephora has both shades available or a local dior counter :-D!

April 1, 2009 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Anonymous!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the review!

April 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi syn!

Me neither but this is IDEAL for people who hate bronzers :-D

April 1, 2009 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Pixie

Isn't it lovely? I agree. I do love the older style palettes but I appreciate how solid these are and how I'm not scared to use them without having fingerprints on 'em and smears and such :-D

oo a few shades from MAC BBR release :) I remember one is Henna I think not sure of the other two :-D

April 1, 2009 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi robin!

awesome! I hope you lie it as much as I did :-D

April 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi chrissy!

I hear you :-D go gt it girl!

April 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey gio!

Thanks hun! I think this is ideal for for those with fair skin as it's not muddy or too orange it's just a perfect peachy shade :-D

April 1, 2009 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sharon!

awesome :-D must go get the BH one for myself :-D

April 1, 2009 at 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muse, I love you... and your blog. I mean it... I read it periodically!
But I've always noticed something that throws me off every single time. Why is it that you look super glittery in some of your pics? Take this entry for example. Your last set of 4 pics of your lovely self... all of them but the third one from the top to bottom look super shimmery! I don't know if maybe its flash usage so I have no idea if it looks this shimmery in real life. But I wanted you to know you look gorgeous without too much glitter on. Exhibit A: the third photo. Stunning lady.
Anyways, I send you my love and hope you don't take offense.
Keep up the good work!!

April 3, 2009 at 1:45 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

thanks glad you enjoy my blog. It's the flash from the camera. Not sure if you're the same anonymous but you asked before and I already answered on another post. Hope it clears up the problem with shimmer. As for how it appears in real life I suggest heading to the counter and swatching as you can get a better feel for the product. I'm sadly not too good a photographer so my swatches or the way a product looks on my face will probably never be completely accurate.

Cheers and thanks for the feedback!

April 3, 2009 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Rosana said...

Dear muse,
I'm so happy you reviewed this product at last! I bought it about two months ago, BUT my Harmonie de blush doesn't look the same as yours!! Mine is composed of four "strips" of colour, and does not have a design. The brush is larger too. Oh, and the shades available are different too: my shade is called "Sunrise party" (the other one was Sunset Fiesta). Maybe it's because I live in Europe (Spain)??

You look so pretty in your pics! :)

April 29, 2009 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi rosana

glad you liked the review :-D Interesting it's probably just the euro release I imagine. So long as you purchased at a dior counter I'm sure it's fine ;-D It sounds quite different and interesting. Dior has been known to do different releases from country to country particularly differences are seen in European and Asian releases compared to the items we get within the US.

You should take a pic of yours! Would love to see!

April 30, 2009 at 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Argh, another one to add to my ever growing list.
Bloody Muse! Hmph. Looks perfect for my pasty English skin.

June 18, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home