Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 16, 2009

NARS Spring 2009 Review, Swatches, and Photos

NARS Spring Collection 2009 had my heart pounding in excitement and I was quite hyper to get my greedy hands all over it!


I have a few pieces of the collection to share with you today and I can't wait to hear what you think of this exciting Spring Collection!

Jump ahead to read my impressions, see photos, and swatches of NARS Spring '09!


I should mention that above anything else I'm really, really, really want to try out the new NARS Duo Concealer in a major way. Hopefully I'll bring you a review of that soon.

Today I have NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Hula Hula to show you and two of the new NARS Single Shadows in Night Sun and Baby Girl. I haven't yet had a chance to do FOTD's with these and normally, you know the Muse, I like to include my FOTD's with all my reviews but I was so excited to finally have pieces from NARS Spring 2009 in my hands that I just felt like sharing right away. I'll work on FOTD's soon so expect them to be posted sometime next week.

The new NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Hula Hula is, in my opinion, the best of the two new duos released. It has two shades of shimmering shadow that will make up a rather nice, natural bronzy pink look. I'll use Sephora's description for the two shades as they made it sound heavenly. The first shade in the duo is a frosty strawberry with fine gold shimmer (yum right?) and the second is a hazelnut with golden shimmer. The two shadows contrast wonderfully well and I think they'll make a fine Spring look that'll work well into Summer!








Although it's not pimped in the promo image NARS released a new single eyeshadow shade in Night Sun. It deserves to be mentioned that all of the NARS "night" series shadows are always something special and Night Sun is no different in that aspect. It's a bright true yellow shade with plenty of gold sparkle which will be ideal for pairing up with red, orange, or other warmer shades. Of course, by itself it looks stunning as well. Think MAC Pigment in Golden Lemon and you'll pretty much have a great dupe (in press format) with NARS Night Sun. Gorgeous and I'm sure a favorite soon.





Finally I got NARS single shadow in Baby Girl. Baby Girl a nice, soft baby pink with soft golden shimmers. It's quite a sheer shade but for lightening up the eye area it's ideal.





So far, NARS Spring Collection 2009 is shaping up quite nicely and I look forward to exploring it further (especially that concealer). NARS rarely disappoints and Spring '09 is far from disappointing! Fab job NARS the Muse loves it so far!

How about you?

Loving NARS Spring Collection?

Which pieces have you through about hauling?

Tell the Muse!

The entire Spring Collection is up and available for purchase @ www.narscosmetics.com

related posts

Labels: , , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Lolita Riot said...

I would love it if you could do the concealer review! I like your swatch photos of the blush. When I saw other people's all I saw was some shimmer, no pigment, but these swatches gives me hope

January 16, 2009 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

oops I thought that was the blush duo lol oops! still looks like it could be a good blush =p

January 16, 2009 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger shynygal said...

Ok I want both Night Sun and Baby Girl like NOW!They are freaking gorgeous! I just recently found out about the gloriousness that is NARS blush and now I have even more to love!

January 16, 2009 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

This seems kind of boring compared to some of the other springs you've shown us.
I think I'm wanting bright fuschia!

January 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do all of the shadows have that glitter in them? if so is it just an over spray or are the glitteres scattered throughout? they look darn lovely though.

January 17, 2009 at 4:27 AM  
Blogger Anitacska said...

I really like the Hula Hula e/s duo, been planning on getting it myself, so glad you reviewed it today. :) Nars are offering free delivery over £25 atm, but I think I might wait until next weekened until I go shopping and pick one up from Space NK (also it's only £23.50, so I'd have to order something else too, but they're too expensive to just get something else for free delivery if you see what I mean).

January 17, 2009 at 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!
Pink eyeshadows are my favorite along side purples as well.
I hope you do a fotd with these!

January 17, 2009 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger sarahPUFFY! said...

shit, that pink eyeshadow reminds me of Expensive pink. and you aren't the only one that wants to try this duo...I'd rather try this one over the new duwop concealer, especially because the packaging for this one is more travel friendly. I also want to try their creme blushers...more on THAT soon -.-;;

btw, that shadow duo is way hot. I'd use those shades forever.

January 18, 2009 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi Sher!

Absolutely soon as I can get my hands on it. Ahh that's a shadow duo ;) not the blush. I didn't get the blush as it looked too much like a highlighter duo to me!

January 19, 2009 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol you figured it out sher :)

ya kinda does doesn't it? little pink on the cheeks and contour with the bronze ;) hehe!

January 19, 2009 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi shynygal!

aren't they lovely? I'm really loving night sun!

NARS makes some greatttttt product :)

January 19, 2009 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd!

no no...not boring :) very light and "springy" hehe :-)

January 19, 2009 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi ceci!

It's shimmer straight through :) the only one that isn't shimmery is the new red shade that I didn't pick up which is a matte :) but these shades are def shimmery :)

Hope this helps hun!

January 19, 2009 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Anitacska!

I do too..kinda reminds me of BB's Pink Bronzed Collection!
gosh sure is a good deal more in the UK hun..damn pricey :P

I'm always drawn in by the stupid free shipping and end up spend more than I should to get FS!

grr!

January 19, 2009 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi paula!

Me too :) and they really do a rather fab job of making me look awake! I sure will do some fotds :)

January 19, 2009 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sarah!

no no much lighter hun!

The concealer duo looks great...I'm very curious as prior to this they only had cheesy stick concealers which I abhor! I look forward to seeing what they come up with in a creamy format!

You should get the duo! It's fabs!

January 19, 2009 at 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo really? *intrigued*

I really want to know how the concealers work! I want to give Boi-ing a try though so it may have to wait :)

And I hate lipstick concealers too. How...unattractive! >:O

I still want to try the Cordura and Portobello duos! I love neutrals :D

January 19, 2009 at 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this new Nars collection, but I really wish they hadn't used Daniel Radcliffe as the model.

January 19, 2009 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Me too me too :) I still haven't seen 'em around yet!

not only unattractive but never work!

I like neutrals too kinda lately :)

January 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

omg she so does not look like DR mandy lol

January 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home