Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 22, 2008

Spring Collecton 2009: Shu Uemura Mirage Collection

You won't hear me ranting about dark colors and unusual shades when you see the new Shu Uemura Mirage Collection for Spring 2009.


Spring is an unusual time for cosmetics and you never know quite what you'll get when new collections launch. Ideally I love softer, pastel shades for the Spring however that's doesn't always happen and sometimes bolder comes into play. However, this year I couldn't be more excited about the Shu Uemura Mirage Collection which contains an array of softer colors that are most flattering to embrace the warmer weather when it breaks through the bleakness of Winter.

The collection is launching in Japan as of January 23rd however it's arrival is already gracing the pages of Evil-bay! I got these images mailed to me this morning from an E-bayer whom already has a majority of the collection, at ridiculously jacked up prices, available for sale.


The collection includes four liner pencils in an array of softer, delicate shades such as pastel pink and purple. Also releasing are two limited edition eyeshadow trios which I'm quite excited about considering I haven't seen a release of trios such as this since I picked up some released with the Shu Uemura Prism Collection. Also included are three new Glow On duos which include two contrasting shades of blush and finally a limited edition lip duo!

Shu Uemura Prism Collection Spring 2007


Whether the US will see any of these releases remains to be seen but at the moment it will release shortly in Japan to what the Muse expects to be great excitement as the collection is quite stunning.

All in all I can't help but feel very Easter-like about the entire collection. Don't get me wrong it's extremely appealing but the shades remind me of fluffy yellow baby chicks and pastel dyed eggs......





What do you think?

Love it?

Not so much?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Yumeko said...

i usually read blogs via my blog reader so i might not have mentioned
but loving the new blue toned theme!

December 22, 2008 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those duos and trios look enticing...but i must resist!

December 22, 2008 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I think it looks delicate and pretty. I like the rather pale eye with the focus on the outer vee/crease area having the color.

December 22, 2008 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Ti_Amo said...

Hiya Muse! Much as I LOVE shu, this isn't doing anything for me! Pastels just make me look tired and sick! Yuck. Although the lip duos look interesting, I'm not going to take the chances of trying it :(. Will look forward to your review if you pick any up though !

December 22, 2008 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

omygosh i love shu uemura. ever since the cleansing oil and the pallete...i forgot what they called it thought. it was very colorful inside and outside. ahaha. i love it how you post up the most recent things. thanks muse C:hope your holidays are going great

December 22, 2008 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks yumeko :)

So glad you're loving the winter theme :)

December 22, 2008 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

me jackie!

I want so many items for Spring! Must resist..hold me it's so hard lol!

December 22, 2008 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd,

happy monday hun! I love the softer shades so much...they are so spring friendly :)

must have...but must resist too!

December 22, 2008 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi ti_amo!

I'm the opposite...lighter shades kinda make my eye area brighter and more awake :)

I def want some of it but my lemming list is ridiculously large so I'm debating if I should indulge eep!

December 22, 2008 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi minsun :)

thanks or your sunny bright comments on this dreary monday :)

I'm a lover of Shu palettes myself and the cleansing oil ;)

good stuff!

December 22, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger beautygal said...

Pastels don't rock my boat, but I love the pic of the little chicks :) :) :)

December 22, 2008 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe I have a thing for baby chicks beautygal!

oh the cutenessssssss!

December 22, 2008 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger plue said...

the don't excite me as much as the xmas palette :(

i never like palettes that contains shadows that don't have a clear cut/boundary with the next shadow... hope u understand what m i saying :P

my SA told me the gloss are pretty, so I'll be checking the stores next month when i go get my brows done~ tee hee~

December 22, 2008 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger watercoloursky said...

I love the look on the model, but I just know these shades won't work for me. I think they'll look best on porcelain cool toned skin...like yours! Mine's just too olive to go with these colours.

December 22, 2008 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Vichaya said...

This is one collection I'm definitely will haul a lot. I never feel anything like this about Shu Uemura since 2003. I think that collection 's something like Riveara or something. The theme is similar to this one but that one's more green. Anyway, I love the look of this collection too!

December 23, 2008 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey plue!

The main reason I didn't like the holiday palettes is b/c they seemed so similar to the birthday release palettes...although I simply adore this style of shu palette with all the color variety.

I like the softer shades in this an can't resist that :)

I'm wanting the gloss too!

December 23, 2008 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey blu3

You're right...they kinda suck for olive or darker tones :( I'm not really porcelain although I wish I was :) but I think these cooler shades should work for me or I'm hoping ;)

I think the liners might work for everyone ;)

December 23, 2008 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning vichaya,

Yes! That's exactly what it reminds me of...it's been a while inbetween releases that the colors have been so soft and delicate! I'm all about how fresh and light they are :)

December 23, 2008 at 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Hong Kong they have already been selling this starting last week. I went in to try the pink-grey-lavender trio but the shadows were incredibly chalky and the color payoff was minimal. I ended up getting a ME single shadow in dark purple color instead. I also got the limited edition drawing pencils in lavender and light blue.

December 29, 2008 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sun!

yay! Awesome! We have it here as well so I'm excited to see it for myself...sounds awful though :P le sigh!

I really like the pencils and aside from the trios those really had my eye ;)

December 29, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home