Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Oct 15, 2008

mark Holiday Collection 2008

The mark site has been updated with the Holiday Collection for 2008! I have many International readers so I'm just going to take a brief moment out and explain that mark is a branch off of Avon. Avon caters to a more mature audience and mark was created to appeal to teens and women in their twenties (or in the Muse's case women in their thirties! What can I say, I never grew up!).

Although I'm a big supporter of mark, I do feel that sometimes there Holiday coffrets are a tad bit overpriced for what you get so I highly recommend searching E-bay for a good deal on these items as they end up there for much cheaper prices!

Four gifts sets have been introduced for the Holiday and they are pretty much the same as years passed aside from the packaging. They are all actually very cute it's just the price that puts me off slightly!

mark Most Loved Eyes Kit $16 USD




Includes the following:
I-Sheer in Meringue, Mousse, Praline, Sorbert, and Galcee
Metalliner in Blue Chrome and Quick SIlver
On the Edge Liquid Eyeliner in Cleo
Scanda-Lash Mascara
Packaged in a Red Makeup Pouch

mark Most Loved Lips $16 USD



Includes the following:
Glow Baby Glow in Sweet Talk and Player
Metalluscious Gloss in Opulence and Majesty
Glow Baby Glow Luxe in Pearl Luxe and Melon Luxe
Packaged in a Red Makeup Pouch

You can see what I mean from the above sets when I say that the gift sets are a tad bit high costing. At $16 USD these are SUPER mini glosses and eyeshadow items. For a few dollars more I can indulge in a MAC gift set that has WAY bigger sizes!

Now the mark Serious Case of Glam Train Case is well worth it's price tag at $32 USD considering it contains full sized products plus a rather nice case to tote them around in!



The mark Serious Case of Glam Train Case contains the following:
Sydney Flip For it Color Kit (Four Lip Glosses, Two Shadows, and a Blush)
Glow Xpert Face Shimmer in Champagne Glow
On the Edge Liquid Eyeliner in Medusa
Scanda-Lash Mascara
Limited Edition Brush Set (5 pieces)

And finally the last item available is the mark Glamourlicious Lips Mini Juice Gems Set for $12 USD.



This contains four mini glosses flavored in Gingerbread, Candy Cane, Apple Cobbler, and Ice Cookie.

If you're loving these they are available now on mark's website!

Love 'em?

Want 'em?

Tell the Muse!



mark Earth Face Glow

mark Gorgeous Eyes Trio

mark Pure Eye and Lip Strips

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the holiday juice gems sets - the little sizes are great, and I almost always like the colors better than the regular ones. Claire wants!

October 15, 2008 at 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey muse! i hope you are feeling better and I'm loving your latest holiday collection posts. I was just looking through your older posts on the previous mac holiday collections and I really really really want one of the 2006 holiday eyeshadow palettes. I was wondering if you think it'd be okay to buy it from ebay (if i can find it hopefully), since it is almost 2 years old. I don't know much about the shelf life of eyeshadows, could you please check if yours are still working alright after 2 yrs? thanks so much

October 15, 2008 at 11:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol claire :) I want too..I'm a little bit disappointed at the price but nothing that ebay can't cure :)

thanks for the comment!
Stop back again soon!

October 16, 2008 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi kanita!

I'm getting there, thanks so much for your concern :)

Yay glad you're enjoying holiday coverage so far :)

I can totally understand your lemming for an older palette :)

I do believe it's fine. Just be sure it's from a legit seller and it's not black market also if you have a CCO check there as last year's christmas items are available.

Powder shadows have a shelf life of 5-6 years so yes mine are great :)

I hope this helps!

October 16, 2008 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

Looks fabulous!!!

October 16, 2008 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I love Meet Mark!! I went to a flea market there the other day and this older lady was selling Avon & Mark..she was trying to inform ME on these products..hahaha!! I turned it around and started informing her on both lines..hehe!!
I want this train case!!!
btw--I ordered Devil from Manish..thanks for your advice. =)

October 16, 2008 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

I agree :) looks rather nice doesn't it Katee?

October 16, 2008 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey tammy how are you?

LMAO! Go get 'em Tammy :)

I want the train case too actually..I like all the shimmery gold ;)

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!! your skin should look fab in it...do you love it?

October 16, 2008 at 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

hope you're feeling better! Oh that eye set with shadows and liners look nice, are they powder or mousse in those little eyeshadow tubes? I think I want one of those...

October 16, 2008 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi mizz x!

miss ya around here!

I'm doing ok :)

Those are cream :-) Def check ebay for good prices on these sets!

hugs!

October 16, 2008 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger sarahPUFFY! said...

I like Juice Jem glosses, but the shade they sent me looked horrific on me...they moisturize well, and the applicatior, instead of being straight up plastic, is fuzzy, which makes for comfy application. but man...the shade I got...didn't like it. I already put it in a package for a friend of mine in Germany...should have sent it to you XD

October 16, 2008 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

AHHH FUZZY APPLICATORS!? That's the devil's work!!!!!!!!!!!!

aw your tweet thank you hun *hugs*

fuzzy applicators scare me :(

October 17, 2008 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Marie. said...

I know this is a reallyyy late comment! But the Holiday Collections are now on clearance!

I got all but the train case, it wasnt offered. I just recently got into mark =) and I'm also a rep!

I tried the holiday Juice Jems and I LOVE the Iced Cookie one. The red and green glitter is also reallyyyy cute!

June 24, 2009 at 6:24 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi marie!

That's ok :-D I'm late replying as well so forgive me!?

That's awesome. I'm really loving mark and the prices on everything!

I didn't indulge in holiday but I did get alot of Spring/Summer :-D It's such a great brand!

June 30, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home