Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Sep 16, 2008

Philosophy Haunted House Gift Set Review



Is it me or is Halloween thee best holiday evers? Halloween for me is what Christmas must be to the rest of the population! I simply adore it!

It's not everyday I run across many products in the cosmetic world that have a Halloween theme! So, of course, I'm super excited about the Philosophy Haunted House Gift Set which includes three great shower gels!















I'm possibly the only one that totally digs the cute little skeleton hand creeping up from the dirt! Ahh so cute and creepy!


When I opened the box it was like pure childhood! All the smells combined created this spicy, warm Fall scent that really put me in the mood for the colder weather ahead!


The Muse likey! Halloween, shower gels, cute packaging...yup, I feel a Muse Approval coming on here!

In honor of Philosophy uber cute Haunted House Gift Set I did a short little MuseTV video for you guys! Excited? Me too!

MuseTV Presents: Philosophy Haunted House Review



The kit includes three, 3-1 shower gels in various Halloween and Fall themed scents. You'll get Pumpkin Spice, Black Licorice, and Caramel Apple. Philosophy has gotten particularly better as of late with the scents of it's newer shower gels and I'm particularly pleased with these three. Pumpkin Spice combines that warm, spicy pumpkin scent that makes you feel all cozy inside, Black Licorice is spot on and my favorite of the bunch, and Caramel Apple is a beautiful cocktail of sugary caramel and tart apple! My stomach is growling already! I may tip the bottle into my mouth at this point.











I've reviewed Philosophy Shower Gels prior to this but I will remind you that they are brilliant multitaskers which allow you to use them as a shower gel, shampoo, and a bubble bath too! They sud up wonderfully well and offer a guilt free shower experience minus the calories of actually eating all those Halloween treats!



Philosophy Haunted House is available now at www.philosophy.com do have a visit and don't forget that these come in full size too if your sweet tooth happens to be extra big you might want to indulge in the 16 oz versions!

Check out the What's New section and spot the matching lip shines and the new Cookie Exchange Gift Set! That one is screaming to the Muse, "buy me! buy me!".

The Muse loves Philosophy Haunted House Gift Set and highly recommends nabbing one before it's too late!

Muse Approval for this set!



Boo to you from the Muse and Happy Early Halloween!

Love Philosophy 3-1 Shower Gels?

Which are your favorite?

Loving the new Haunted House gift set?

Tell the Muse!



Philosophy "the Natural" Beauty Box

Philosophy Fall Collection 2008


Philosophy Green Apple Three in One Shower Gel Review

Philosophy Never Let Them See Me Shine Primer Review

Philosophy Microdelivery Wash Review

Labels: , , , ,

30 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

I think the Caramel and Pumpkin sound awesome! I hate Black Licorice though. So cute though!

Ooooh reminds me! You should peek at Meow Cosmetic's Fall Eye shadow release and let me know what you think. I think some of the colors look fab. (Caterwaul, Bad Girl, Sabertooth, Claws-trophobic, Huntress, Heavy Petting, Tongue Tied, Swanky, Sexy) http://www.meowcosmetics.com/seasonal.htm

*hug*

-DD

September 16, 2008 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Oh noooooooo I love black licorice..reminds me so much of Halloween!

Ooo I haven't yet seen these will go have a peeky :)


Thanks DD!

September 17, 2008 at 5:02 AM  
Blogger Pia Ghosh said...

Hey Muse! Definitely checking this out, thanks for the review. I wanted to follow up and tell you I live in LA, but will be in Brooklyn this Christmas.. I smell christmas shopping with the muse! Maybe the new huge Pro store!? And of course.. lunch!

September 17, 2008 at 5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I wish Halloween was a big holiday here in Sweden too! That haunted house is lovely, simply goorgeous! And btw, the PP money should be transferred now! And you've got email if everything worked out the way it should!

Much love to you my dear!

September 17, 2008 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Pia!

You're most welcome my pleasure!

I love LA :) Oh my gosh yes I'd love that! Do contact me when you're here and we can definately do the pro store :) and of course every sephora we come across lol!

Looking forward to it!

September 17, 2008 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi rocketqueen!

I heart Halloween! Thanks got it and I'll email you shortly with more more details :)

Big hugs!

September 17, 2008 at 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really love Halloween! ;) I wish Halloween was that big here. It'll be fun! It'll also be great if shower gels here have such great smells. hehehe...........

September 17, 2008 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

I ADORE halloween Serene :)

Fav holiday evers!

Is Philosophy available at all in Singapore?!

Oh my god they smell soooo lovely :)

September 17, 2008 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Vanessa M. said...

mmmmmmmmmm yummy!!

September 17, 2008 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe agreed vanessa :)

September 17, 2008 at 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting both sets: Haunted House and the cookies. Yummm!

September 17, 2008 at 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you peek yet?
I'm dying to know what you think :)

September 17, 2008 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Emilita said...

Those look delicious. Thanks for pointing them out...I can almost smell them in my shower already. (Wishful thinking!)

September 17, 2008 at 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to do a Halloween look for us!! :D Hugs! :D

September 18, 2008 at 12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hm..... I don't think Philosophy is available here. Havnt seen it.

September 18, 2008 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi asta!

I want the cookies tooooooo!

:)

September 18, 2008 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd!

I love that they went darker for fall..many companies haven't really touched on good dark, shades this year and I was enjoying a majority of the shades in the collection!

Witty Kitty and Cat and Mouse particularly caught my eye and also I like all the glow powder blushes :)
Niceeee!

might have to grab some for review!

September 18, 2008 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello there Emilita!

you're most welcome :) hehe! They smell lovely that's for sure!

Thanks for your comment, hope to talk to you again soon!

September 18, 2008 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey linn!

LOL surely will do that :)

September 18, 2008 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya serene!

Aw poo! It's a rather fun brand too with amazing skincare!

September 18, 2008 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

Because their samples are so cheap ($1, and today they're still running the 10% off sale), here's what I'm waiting on to arrive:
Caterwaul
Petulent
Witty Kitty
Claws & Effect
Claws-trophobic
Bad Girl
Purrsnickety
Sabertooth
Huntress
Heavy Petting
Tongue Tied
Swanky
Sexy Carnivore
Roswell & Prissy (from Scandal Eyes)
Kamikaze
Lightning
Thunder
Jynx
Illuminate blush
Moonstone & Quartz (I have the original glow and morganite)

You should definitely pick up some samples to try out. I would love to see a review!

I'm thinking of pairing, if they swatch and look good together on my skin:
Caterwaul and Swanky
Heavy Petting and Huntress
Heavy Petting and Tongue Tied
Sabertooth and Clawstrophobic
Bad Girl and Witty Kitty
Carnivoire and Claws&Effect
Carnivoire and Pet-ulent

September 18, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh I love anything licorice. I'm checking ebay for this!

September 18, 2008 at 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG MUSE check sephora right away to see the new philosophy stuffies

ahh i'm holding onto my seat!

September 18, 2008 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

holy cow!

go dd :) nice haulage!

I'll see what I can arrange :) I have a few mineral etailers in my review box so I'll add these too ;)

I like your combos especially the heavy petty and huntress!

fotds to come ;)?

September 19, 2008 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

me too Laura!!!! :)

If you need any cp let me know!

September 19, 2008 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol I seen kara :)

the pear one shall be mine lol!!!!!


god can you believe how early they went in with holiday this year?!

September 19, 2008 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger PuraVida said...

These look so fun!
Speaking of Halloween, did you happen to get any of the BPAL halloweenies this year? I know that you're into BPAL so I thought I would ask! :)
I joined a decant circle on lj, and should be receiving mine soon! I can't wait.
If you did get any, I would love to see a post about them!

September 19, 2008 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi there puravida!

Oh definately my dear, definately. Wouldn't miss 'em for the world :)

I scored quite a few. I'm particularly thrilled to see sugar skull back yet again! I always get giddy for sugar skull! I have like 150 bottles but it doesn't prevent me from reordering!

i'll def do a post!

I haven't gotten a CNS notice as of yet but as soon as they arrive I'll post for ya!

Cheers!
Thanks for the comment!
Hope to talk to you again soon!

September 19, 2008 at 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I buy the set now? It's no longer listed on the philosophy website.

January 6, 2009 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

have you checked sephora or sehora's website?

or maybe nordstrom? It was an LE for Fall....it could be at QVC as well.

Last resort try ebay.

hope this helps!

January 8, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home