Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Sep 15, 2008

Forgotten Collections: MAC Starflash Review and Swatches


Well, gee I should be shot for not reviewing MAC Starflash sooner as it was a rather great selection of awesome shadows.

As you already know by now the MAC Starflash shadows ere definately something to grab up and stash away. The texture is smooth, creamy, shimmery with the feel of velvet and the glide of a cream these were a hit with MAC fans everywhere.



I didn't indulge in all the shades but I got the four that appealed to me most. I guess I'm kinda hit a low spot with MAC lately so I've been a bit more reserved with the items I pick up. In this case the four shadows that appealed to most were the following:

  • Grand Entrance-Peachy, Frosty Beige
  • Talent Pool-Shimmering Aqua
  • Dreamcatcher-Shimmering Gold
  • Bold and Brazen-Frosty, shimmering copper















The best part of Starflash is the ability to build color. Those who are scared of intensely pigmented shadows can go for a light all over color wash when using Starflash or build up color for a popping, pigmented look. The choice of how you use these is entirely up to you! These blend like an absolutely dream and offer a wonderful shimmery finish.

If you haven't already, MAC Starflash is definately worth taking a look at! The Muse Approves these for purchase!



Loves 'em!

Did you grab some MAC Starflash?

Loved 'em?

Which colors did you haul?

Tell the Muse!



Forgotten Collections: MAC Solar Bits

MAC Electro Flash Review

MAC The Originals Review

The Mysteries of Fafi for MAC Beauty Powders

Recommendations: MAC 183

MAC Beauty Powders Blush Review

MAC DazzleGlass Review

MAC Naughty Nauticals Review

MAC DressCamp Review

6 Comments:

Blogger ~*MC*~ said...

I only bought the Mystery pencil from the Starflash collection. I might go and get the Raven pencil at some point.I wasn't digging this collection this much because I was more excited for Cult of Cherry.

September 15, 2008 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey mc!

I had the pencils already so I didn't indulge. These are worth a real look at..at the time I was excited about Cult of the Cherry too and left this in the dust but if you're into shimmery shadows these are fab-u-lous!

September 15, 2008 at 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't get Smoke&Diamonds and/or Top Hat e/s. They're great great shadows!!!

September 15, 2008 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi pao pao!

Stop! lol! Now you're creating evil lemmings :)

I guess I gotta go check 'em out again hehe! I was being reserved b/c I did super indulgence with CoC!

September 15, 2008 at 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only shadow I got was Smoke&Diamonds,
as I have similar colours already to the others.
I do wish I was rich so I could have got them all, I love the texture.

September 15, 2008 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

i think I need smoke and diamonds too now :)

LOL totally can relate, wish I was rich too! We need to win the lotto ;)

September 16, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home