Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Sep 10, 2008

Lush Curly Wurly Shampoo Review

I don't know if I'd necessarily call my hair curly but it's definately wavy and long with bouts of dryness and frizzies that keeps me on my toes to tame!

I normally like tugging it into a bun and slapping a hairband on to keep it nice and neat especially when I'm working! However, during the days that I have it down it's difficult to tame it all and keep it from flying around my head like a runaway train!

Yak!

In comes my very favorite shampoo, Lush Curly Wurly. A review for Lush Curly Wurly is long overdo so here's your loving Muse finally bringing you my opinion on Lush's Curly Wurly Shampoo!





Curly Wurly is an extremely thick shampoo which is made from various fresh ingredients minus preservatives. Even though the formula is lacking preservatives, the shampoo, in fact manages to weigh down hair considerably well. With hair that's curly and or wavy you need the extra weigh of a good, thick shampoo to tame your hair and weigh it down which keeps it from frizzing up and out.

Although the formula does a successful job of weighing my hair down and keeping it both manageable and beautiful I do have to be careful how often I use this as it causes a bit of buildup and oiliness when used often.

The formula is a mix of chunky coconut and a base of avocado. The mix of the two fruits and additional oils creates a rather thick paste that smells like fresh coconuts and vanilla. Although the formula has huge shreds of coconut these wash out easily after dunking under your shower for a rinse.



The results of the product are outstanding especially if your hair is thick and dry. I've been using this for over 7 months and my hair is considerably more managable, less frizzy, and my curls are more defined.

At $19.50 USD it's not the cheapest shampoo option around however since it suds up and foams up so well it'll easy take you 3-4 months to get through an entire pot.

Some key points of the product is the fact that it creates amazingly gorgeous curls while removing frizz and dryness plus giving shine and definition to your hair. It contains no silicons which a plus for keeping your hair beautiful.

After several months of use my hair is less frizzy, softer without the dryness I normally experience, and just overall looks much better.

This is a conditioning shampoo so following up with conditioner is completely optional. Although my hair is very long and very wavy I successfully washed with Curly Wurly and didn't have a problem with tangles after using without conditioner.

All in all I love this! It gets a hearty Muse Approval for purchase! The Muse loves Lush Curly Wurly and recommends giving it a try!



If you're not wanting to commit to a full pot might I suggest heading to your local store and asking for a small sample to test out for yourself!

Find out more about Lush Curly Wurly Shampoo here.



Lush Rub Rub Rub Shower Gel Review


Lush Retread Conditioner and Lush Big Shampoo Review


Lush King of Mods Hair Gel Review

Lush Lily Savon Soap Review

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Lush products. Especially hair ones, as they don't weigh down hair, so they are awesome. Haven't tried this, as I am currently going through a solid shampoo phase, but sounds great, so might give it a go next time round!

September 10, 2008 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi dancinggal!

Ditto! :)

I love solid shampoos :) Have you tried New! It smells like a piece of big red chewing gum hehe!

September 11, 2008 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Muse, I want to see you with your hair down. I bet you look like a fairy with really long hair :) I've never used Lush but heard a lot of nice things about it.

September 11, 2008 at 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm getting me some of this,
Lush shampoos are the only thing I can use from there,
so it's easily justified!

My hair is super thick and wildly curly when allowed to dry naturally.

September 11, 2008 at 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh I love this stuff! Go Curly wurly!

September 11, 2008 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dao!

Aw shucks thanks :) Look at my profile pic and the about me section :) I have my hair down :)

It's fantastic especially the skincare :)

Love ya!

Happy Weekend mate!

September 12, 2008 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi laura!

It's lovely!!!!!!!

If you have curls and such this will most definately tame them for you!

If you try it do let me know!

Hugs!

September 12, 2008 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello dana :)

Thanks for visiting me! ;-)

Me too!!!!! Smells heavenly too doesn't it!?

September 12, 2008 at 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Muse! Can this be used on color-treated hair?

September 15, 2008 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey girlygal :)

Was good seeing you today!!!! Glad you came to visit!

hehe I think I gave you the entire low down on Curly Wurly while you were here so I won't go into further details :) less I bore ya!

Hugs!

September 16, 2008 at 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

Awesome review! I just started using curly wurly (my first product bought from Lush!) and wanted to see what other people were saying about it. It instantly made my hair softer :D

April 13, 2009 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey lauren!

isn't it great? And it smells fab too!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats on your first lush product..it's all downhill now hehe!

April 14, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

Haha, thank you. That's what I'm worried about - now that I know how great it is on my hair... it must be great on my lips.. and skin... and feet... etc... etc...

April 14, 2009 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi lauren!

LOL :D especially skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't live without my lush skincare :D

April 23, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home