Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 18, 2008

Black Head Off Stick Review: Blackheads Be Gone....Maybe?!

Do you have any really silly stuff in your beauty arsenal that you swear by?

Black Head Off Stick by B & C Laboratories is probably one of my most silliest items that I stash away in my beauty arsenal and often reach for, I'm embarrassed to admit I do use this!



Muse, what the hell is Black Head Off Stick anywhere?



Well....

This little guy is made by those same friendly people over at Sony who bring you great electronics and lip gloss too!

It's a Japanese thing don't ask me.

But I'm just happy to have a little stash of Black Head Off Sticks. I've been through about 3 in the last year.

Anyway I forgot to explain what it was didn't I?

Well....

It looks like a lip balm but it's actually a stick that you smooth over your nose and after that you proceed to rub the area and supposedly this "erases" your blackheads.





Don't ask me why I continue using this thing but for some odd reason or another I've convinced myself that it's improved the blackheads I get on my nose. Ok, granted not those deeply embedded suckers that you need acid to remove...BUT the ones at the surface are easily removed by swiping this across your nose a few times and briskly rubbing.

It also kinda makes my nose matte and less shiny....and this is weird...but my nose kind of looks brighter and fresher....does that make any sense?

Prob not but I think when they coined the phrase "powder your nose" the effect would be similiar to what Black Head Off Stick does to my nose!

Is it useless? Possibly.

Am I convinced it works?

Yes.

Do I recommend it?

Sure why not!

It's cheap as day old chips so yes I recommend picking one up. And hey you don't even have to go to Japan (although if you have the means I highly recommend flying to Japan to get one! For cultural purposes only of course) to get it. Most Asian markets have these available and if not you can wander through my Japanese Shopping Guide and come across a few shops that carry this and it's also available on E-bay for mere pennies.

The Muse likes it. Useless, possibly but I'm all for useless products!

w00t!

Tried this?

Love it?

What do you use for pesky blackheads on your nose?

Tell the Muse!



Mario Badescu Silver Powder Review

Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Taryn said...

Oh my gosh, how hilarious that you posted this! I ordered this thing from Xanadu and tried it out the day before yesterday. Zilch. I love how they want to make it appear that the product that is rolling off your skin are the blackheads. Not! My blackheads were still embedded and weren't going anywhere thus I used the extractor on them.

It is a cute product to have just for the sake of having it though, LOL.

I swear, three things will be left if we are nuked: cockroaches, Hondas and blackheads.

August 18, 2008 at 9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen this at my local pharmacy but i've always stuck to Biore nose strips, they remove blackheads pretty well. Have you tried Kose's sekkisei black peel off mask? There are a lot of people raving how it really gets rid of black and white heads, plus it has whitening properties =D I myself use sekkisei products, the moisturizer is pretty good.

August 18, 2008 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Lyn said...

zomgz! I look at this every time I go to the Japanese grocery store. I'm gonna get it now.

August 18, 2008 at 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you tell me something about the inci? When it comes to skin trouble, I love Paula's choice BHA. Always open for anything that would help the blackheads to EXPLODE off my face, though! lol.

August 18, 2008 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Taryn!

LOL! I've convinced myself that my blackheads now look lighter lmao! I admit though that if they are very close to the surface I'm successfully rubbing them off with the aid of this.

LOL I have alot cute products just for the sake of having them *blush*

LOL! amen to the blackheads ;)

August 18, 2008 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello helena!

I agree. This is just something silly I have in my beauty arsenal :)

Biore does a great job. I haven't tried the peel off mask yet. I know we discussed it before though I believe!

Must get this :)

August 18, 2008 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello there Lyndsey!

LOL awesome! it's kinda silly little product that prob doesn't do much but it's worth trying out ;)

August 18, 2008 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello there Mizz x!

I can't sadly because I can't read characters :( I'm so sorry mizz x!

LOL lord knows I am too! ANYTHING to get rid of blackheads!

August 18, 2008 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger *Jen* said...

LOL i've been using this for ages too!

August 18, 2008 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Sophia said...

oh i had this! it is absolutely useless - i think i threw this out after only one use haha. not many japanese blackhead removing stuff i find working for me, if there's any at all (except that chocolate mask which i can't live without now tehehe). but i see what you mean - sometimes you use a product for psychological reasons... don't we all do that? :)

August 18, 2008 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi Jen!

Ditto lol!

August 18, 2008 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sophia!

LOL prob is ;) but I've convinced myself it's working lmao!

lord knows yes! LOL I'm positive half of the eye creams I've used I've convinced myself they are working when they aren't LOL!

August 18, 2008 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger Stephy said...

i have this thing!! haha but i havent been including this in my daily skin routine so it definitely isnt working for me. i only use it when i remember its existence which is probably like... one every 2 weeks?? HAHAHA!!!
do u use it everyday?

August 18, 2008 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Beauty Addict said...

Hey Izzy, it doesn't works for me. There's quite alot of Japanese brand selling the same thing but it doesn't work for most people.

Kose Sekkisei Black Peel Off Mask is my HG! I love how it get rids of black heads, white heads and those yucky teeny bits of dry skin that just does not come off even with scrubbing. Another thing is it has a tightening effect when drying.

A note of caution: Do not use it when watching comedies. Infact it's best to lie down and keep still to prevent the mask from cracking. Oh also do your mask in a cool place. U do not want to be sweating when the mask is on. Else the mask is does not dry and literally melting off your face. Gross, but it happened to me here in humid S'pore :(

gracie :)

August 19, 2008 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger Vichaya said...

Well, I tried this and feel so so about it. If you really want to get rid of the black head, Kose has the white mask, Intellige Sebum remover mask, that really works. The black mask doesn't really do anything for me, except pulling out some of my hair. If you happen to want to try it, be careful. It really hurts! Another thing that has scary pulling powder is Dermafleece mask. I got this from Sasa. It come in a pouch in many colors like white for whitening, yellow for anti-aging, blue for moisturizing and so on... They also have pink, etc, I can't recall. This thing is seriously hurt and I promise it will pull out everything, by this I mean "everything" on your face out. But if you're looking for just those blackheads, I'd say Kose's Intellige is good.

August 19, 2008 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi stephy!

LOL! Awesome! I've convinced myself it works hehe!

I use it maybe three times a week!? I'm so idiotic!

August 19, 2008 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey gracie!

Aww sorry. I've just convinced myself it works. But prob does not do a damn thing!

I must try this. What's the cost of this?

I NEED this mask lol! it sounds awesome!

August 19, 2008 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Vichaya!

Thanks for the rec!

YAK! Is it that bad?? Sounds awful :(

Holy cow. these masks sound terrifying vichaya lol!

Thanks for the recs ;-) Appreciate it!

August 19, 2008 at 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! You use this too?? I've only used it a few times before I put it away. Doesnt seem to work for me. :(

August 19, 2008 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey serene!

hehe it's cracking me up how many people have brought this!

It doesn't work for me either but I've convinced myself it's a god sent lol!

August 19, 2008 at 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha..... so u are still using it everyday?

P.S. You've got mail!

August 20, 2008 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL Serene not that bad but I use it three x's a week or so!

Oh will look but I must say my box is a mess hope I can find it :)

August 20, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home