Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 10, 2008

Your Current Beauty Addictions

My tastes in cosmetics varies from day to day, week to week, and month to month. What was my favorite last month is most likely not my favorite this month. I have such a variety of product that I am constantly rotating what I have and finding new favorites each day!

I thought I'd do a post that examined some of my favorite items at the moment!

Photobucket

  • Givenchy Prism Again! Blush in Arty (Click to see more of the Arty Collection)
I love the look of the Arty Blush on my cheeks. It's a cross between a very soft pink and a gorgeous peach. The mix of colors gives my face such a beautiful glow! This has been on my list of favorites since it's release and probably will remain a favorite for a good while!

  • Shu Uemura Blush in P Orange 58D (Click to see me wearing it!)
Shu's P Orange 58D is one of my favorite colors in the line! It's a beautiful peach that just looks so natural and lovely on! Anytime I wear it I get a ton of compliments!

  • Bobbi Brown Rouge Pot for Cheeks and Lips in Raspberry (Click here to see more of the Bobbi Brown Pink Raspberry Collection!)
Bobbi's got my vote for awesome when it comes to the potted rouge for cheeks and lips! Simplicity is sometimes best and this gives me just flushed cheeks in a flash with little effort!

  • MJ Blush in PK333
MJ has such a beautiful range of products at such an affordable price you can't help but want to collect them all! Most of the MJ blushes are on my hit list of favorites and PK333 is most definately a fav for flushed cheeks!

Photobucket

  • Pop Lid Neon Palette (Click to read my review of this palette!)
You know the Muse and bold! Pop's Lid Neon Palette satifies my need for bold, vibrant shades and will work well into the Summer! Most definately a fav!

  • Bobbi Brown Metallics Palette in Burnt Sugar (Click here to read a review about the Metallics Collection! Click here to see my FOTD using Burnt Sugar.)
The Metallics Collection was definately a fav of mine but Burnt Sugar ended up on my hit list for a great looking, natural look!

  • Aube Jewelry Shower Palette in EX02 (Click to see more of the Aube Holiday Collection! Click here to read a review on Aube's Jewelry Shower Eyes!)
Aube's LE palette in EX02 was part of the Holiday Collection and is definately a fav of mine at the moment! It creates a beautiful shimmering look that's natural yet elegant!

  • KATE Glamtrick Palette in GN1 (Click here to see me wearing GN1 and click here to see more of the KATE Spring Collection)
GN-1 is my absolute favorite palette of the year! Outstandingly awesome pigmentation and creates thee most flattering and gorgeous smokey green eye!

Photobucket

  • Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black (Click for an FOTD using Gel Eyeliner! Click for a review on this great liner)
This little gem has become a fast favorite for the Muse and I can't stop myself from reaching for it daily! It's true love for sure!

  • KATE's Power Gel Liner in GD1 (Click to read more about KATE's Spring Collection)
I adored the metallic shades that KATE came out with this season and GD1 is definately on my favorite hit list!

Photobucket

  • Milani Wet/Dry Eyeshadow in Beach Sand (Click to read my review on Milani's new Wet/Dry Shadows!)
What's not to love? It shimmers, it sparkles, it shines, I can pair it up with everything, the Muse likey ALOT!

  • Visee Aqua Shining Eyes in BE300
The Muse loves this color! It's natural, shimmery, and beautiful! It's been on my favorite list for a few months now and I see no end in site for it's ability to wow me!

Photobucket

  • Fairy Drops Mascara (Click for a review on this awesome little mascara!)
The Muse's reader and mate, Taryn, hooked me up with this and I've been a true user every since! I reach for this about 4-5 times a week! It gives me the perfect natural curl!

  • Maquillage Mascara Combing Glamour
At the moment Maquillage Combing Glamour seems to be what I reach for daily when I'm not grabbing Fairy Drops! I love the ultra slim comb that reaches all my lashes and curls! curls! curls them up and out!

Photobucket

  • Cynthia Rowley for Avon Blush Brush (Click to see the Cynthia Rowley Collection)
This brush has been a fav of mine since I got it. Dirt cheap but works a charm! It's large and perfect for dusting on powder and blushes!

  • MAC 227 (Click to read my drama with MAC's 227!)
MAC's 227 is something that you'd have to pry from my cold dead hands. This brush is my absolute holy grail! It blends cleanly and brilliantly! I get little to no fall out when using this! It highlights and packs on color like a pro! I sweat this brush so hard! It is presently on my favorite list and there it shall remain ever more!

Photobucket

  • Canmake Cheek Gradation in Chocolate
One of Canmake's most pigmented Cheek Gradations in my opinion! Gives a healthy dose of beautiful color! Has been on my favorite list for ages and shall remain ever after!

  • Gransebon Gran Brush in 10
Highlights, Shimmers, Sparkles, and makes me look killer! My absolute favorite in the line of Gran Brushes!

  • DiorShow Powder in Porcelain Pink
The perfect shimmer to add to my cheeks!

Photobucket

  • Jillian Dempsey Horizon Blush in Apricot Horizon (Click to hear my mad raves about this new blush!)
What's not to love? It's beautiful, it's bold, and it makes me look like I just stepped in from the cold! Pure perfection a blush!

  • MJ Spice Blush in Sensual Spice
Who doesn't just love the ultra cute Spice Blushers? So sweet! Packaging wise they are adorable plus they give just the right amount of color to cheeks, eyes, anywhere! Sensual Spice has been a favorite this past month for me as it goes fantastic with some of my MAC Fafi looks I've been creating!

Photobucket

  • Stila Lipglaze in Raspberry (Click to see me wearing this!)
I adore this color. It's been on my favorite list for the past few weeks! It's such a fresh, juicy pink!

  • MJ Honey Plump Gloss in Pink
I love toting this around with me for touch ups! Although it's unflavored it still is a favorite for quick touch ups minus any sticky, tacky feelings!

Photobucket

  • Esprique Precious Lipstick in BR300
This was recommend to me by my most gorgeous mate Iris and it remains on my hit list from the day I purchased it a year ago! It's the perfect, natural shade of brown that looks elegant paired with a cool peach blush!

  • Fafi for MAC Lipstick in Flash n Dash (Click to see me wearing Flash n Dash! Click to see my haul and review of Fafi for MAC)
Flash n Dash is one of those lipshades that can be worn bright and bold or toned down for a more natural look! Flash n Dash is one shade I may need a back up of! A beautiful shade!

Photobucket

  • Dior Long Wearing Moisturizing Concealer
One of my must have concealers at the moment! Works well with my dry under eye area and covers everything up making me look fresh and awake!

  • Dior Radiance Booster Pen
A favorite for touch ups as well as day to day wear! This is another of my absolute favorite concealers that reflects just enough light around my eye area to make me look awake and refreshed!

Photobucket

  • Clean Shower Fresh Parfum
One of my favorite scents of the moment! Smells just like you stepped from a shower! Love that soap and water scent!

  • Lush's Lily Savon Parfum
I'm not much for florals but the smell of Lily Savon totally makes me swoon! A hit for me in February it's still going strong as a favorite in March!

  • Fresh Lemon Sugar Parfum
This rarely gets taken down from my fav list! It's wonderful light yet strong enough to last throughout the day! Beautiful!

Photobucket

  • Lush's Skin Shangra La Facial Moisturizer
It's cold. Which means my face is dry and flakey! Skin Shangra La is my life saver during the winter for beautiful, flawless skin!

Photobucket

  • Lush's Ultra Bland Cleanser
I'm normally a big lover of Philosophy Purity and it's what I use most days but when the weather is cold and my skin is suffering from dryness I reach for Ultra Bland to remove my makeup! It's absolutely perfect for removing stubborn mascara and eye makeup plus it leaves my face feeling as smooth as a baby's behind!

Photobucket

  • Boot's Ultimate Lift Eye Gel
I cannot live without this stuff. Seriously. It's been on my favorite list since my lovely mate Rows from Mostly Makeup gifted it to me! It works amazingly well at waking my eyes up, keeping them from puffying up, and just generally making my eyes behave like that of a 19 year old! Thanks Rows the Muse hearts you for getting her hooked on this stuff!

  • Dr Denese Hydroshield Eye Serum
I can't live without this stuff either. It's been on my favorite list for about two months now. It's the perfect night eye treatment! Keeps my dry under eye moisturized to the max plus reduces fine lines in a major way from what I seen! Review coming soon!

How about you guys?

What are some of your absolute favorite Beauty Addictions of the moment?

Any of my favorites match up with yours?

Tell your Muse!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Hey, thanks for posting this Muse! I will definitely have to look into that Boots Ultimate Lift Eye gel! I have been looking for an eye product that will make my eyes less puffy and more awake... so if this does the job then I'm all over that :)

March 10, 2008 at 4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halo Honey!

I'm sure you've already figured out what my fave of the moment is...Yup...my Dior FX powder. Nothing is knocking it off the radar.

A close 2nd is my Benetint though i'm already getting tired of it.

I seriously have to take a trip down to London to check out Bobbi Brown because i'm loving the Rouge Pot for cheeks and lips you've got. I'm also secretly coveting your Shu Uemura blush.

My next favourite would have to be my Body Shop blushing daisies as it actually shows on my skin when i wear my benetint underneath. Weird i know. I'm surprised you didn't talk about Bobbi Brown's highlighters! I'm absolutely in love with them. I'm actually thinking of swopping my foundation and concealer to Bobbi Brown.

No Dior backstage eyeshadow in sight? I though you'd love their vivid colours. I'm still not over the dark green i tried on as it was fantastico! Talking about Dior, i can't seem to access their site as it keeps showing error. Do you know if they have concealers for darker skin tones?

Btw have you tried Giorgio Armani cosmetics yet? I'm interested in buying some stuff but haven't seen anyone who's actually sed anything from his line.

Lots of hugs and kisses!

March 10, 2008 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Girlfriend, that's a lot of addiction!

I feel your pain though. Here are mine from this past week:

MAC Fafi Quad 1
Lancome Color Fever Lipstick - Pink in the Club
Michael Kors Capri perfume
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (this isn't just an addiction, it's an all out obsession)

Happy Monday!

March 11, 2008 at 1:27 AM  
Blogger Grayburn said...

Great list Muse :) My fav at the moment is still the MAC 3N lippie and the Sweetness blush from the beauty powders blush collection. It's this super hot pink that looks so nice on!

I'll have to try out this dr. denese serum for the eyes you talked about!

Grayburn

March 11, 2008 at 5:39 AM  
Blogger Bliss said...

I totally want to try the Givenchy prism now and your favourites made me put more things into my makeup wishlist cos i know you only recommend good makeup stuff hheheh.

March 11, 2008 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Blogger Shop With A Vengeance!

How are you? You're most welcome! The boots eye gel is a god sent.

I'm impatient so at first it didn't appear to work at all but I stuck with it a week and in that time I noticed the swelling under my eyes was less and less in the AM!

Also when I get tired and I tend to bags under my eyes and this clears that up!

I got the UK version and I'm curious if the US version is just as good. Targets has it for $13.99!

If you get it let me know if it works for you!

March 11, 2008 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey Allysia-May!

'ello back to you ;)

LOL I'm still testing mine out. Been using it a week or so now and I'm still debating over it for review ;)

Benetint is a bit too sheer for my liking sadly!

OH my god! The pot rouge would look amazing on you ;) I love it!

I love Shu blushes. They are so pigmented and yum!

I haven't tried the blushing daisies yet. That's from this Spring's Collection right?

I kinda have a love hate relationship with the shimmer bricks from BB so they aren't really on my fav list ;)

I'm thinking of swapping my foundation to give bobbi's cream foundation a try. hmmm! lemmings!

backstage eyeshadow is def a fav but at the moment milani is taking center stage for me ;) God I love greens!

the hydrating concealer comes in medium beige which is kinda sorta dark but I dunno if it'll be good for you.

See here:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P0671&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1073

You're a beautiful deep tone and the medium beige may not be that good. Def check it at your counter before purchasing online or on ebay. I wish I had the shade so I could give you a sample but I use the lightest one in light golden.

GA is a bit too pricey for me. They sell it at my local nordies. I love cute packaging and such and GA doesn't fulfill my need for that ;) It's probably a great collection of items but I have just no love for it for some reason! My old MAC girl traded up and works the counter now and is constantly trying to get me to buy the line but I just don't have any love for it hehe! Hmm nordies might have the line online if you wanna see colors and such!

More hugs and kisses back lovie!

March 11, 2008 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey Karen!

lol! yes guilty as charged ;)

Nice list! Love love the Fafi Quad 1! Totally!

I don't I've smelled MK's Capri yet..hmm! Must test that out!

MAC FL I can't find the love for. I buy it, I own a few, but I just can't feel the love everyone else does for it! Dunno why!

Thanks for dropping by to visit!

*Hugs*

March 11, 2008 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey Grayburn!

How are you!?

I haven't tried the powders yet but I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They look amazing ;)

This serum has been a life saver lately. Works well to keep my eyes hydrated!

March 11, 2008 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hey Bliss!

;) hehehehe! The Muse is busy creating the lemmings for you ;)

Aww thanks! You have to tell me if you get any of this and what you think!


*hugs*

March 11, 2008 at 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah!!! Why are there no Terra shadows up there! Terra shadows are 10X better than Milani's version! So silky, so smooth, so densely pigmented; I really regret not picking up a few, back in NYC last week (I also regret not purchasing more stuff from the LUSH store, as my Lush shipment is taking forever to get here).

Speaking of Lush, have you tried Lush's Charity Pot? I tried it last week, and have to say, it's a really good moisturizer (though the smell is a bit off).

March 11, 2008 at 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love list like this! so fun to see what the person favourite.. and I totally agree with Bobbi Brown potted rouge. One of the best blusher for me. I can't wait to try Shu one. arggg.. i'm so jealous of your list! haha

March 11, 2008 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hey mandy!

Patience my little jedi. They are coming! I'm testing them! The Muse Lab has currently in the testing process!

WAIT YOU WERE IN NYC!? AND YOU DIDNT EMAIL ME!? WTH we could have met up! Don't talk to me anymore! I'm mad!

Ok ok I forgive you!

If you need them, just ask I'm happy to get them for you!

Didn't you know Lush NA sends stuff over on the slow boat from China? And then proceeds to deliver it on packed mules? Sigh I hate Lush NA with a burning passion!

Go UK!

Yes. and I actually adore the smell ;) it smells of lily savon and I just love me some lily savon ;)

I noticed in store it smells wonky but from mail order it's beautifully floral!

March 11, 2008 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey Ping!

Aww thanks! Glad you liked the post :)

I love the bb potted rouge too plus it lasts all bloody day!

hehehe ;) Come over! I'll share with ya!

I love shu too!


hugs!

March 11, 2008 at 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha after that you might want to kicked me away... I think i am starting to get addicted to blusher... can't wait to see MAC beauty powder blusher when it come out. but having a student budget is so baddd

March 12, 2008 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello Ping!

LOL ;) aw never!

I'll be doing the review on beauty powders shortly yay!

I know :( I was there one time too :( sigh! Enjoy it while you can! Even though money was tight back then it was a blast ;)

Ping I dunno if I ever asked but where are you from?

Singapore?

Maybe you told me and it slipped my mind! Sorry!

March 12, 2008 at 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha no problem Muse.
I'm from Malaysia. it's just above Singapore. haha can't wait for the review.. perhaps then i shall see is it worth buying.

March 12, 2008 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oh duh!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought you might be in Singapore ;)

BP's are coming tomorrow promise!

*hugs*

March 12, 2008 at 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home