Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 12, 2007

Some News On the Philosophy Front

Sephora.com is sold out of a majority of the Philosophy goodies they previously had however I can report that a majority of Manhattan's Sephora stores have many of the products on sale and available for purchase!

As per my discussion (click here and here for details) before Philosophy has completely revamped the line and the bottles are no longer 16oz in size nor $16 in price they are now officially jumbo sized 24oz at a price tag of $20 per a bottle (The Muse approves! Good Deal!). I love the larger size and the lovely price tag but I have to say the new bottles are a bit clumsy for your shower. These aren't going to fit in any caddy or shelf you might have in your stall so that might be a problem for storage. Also when you're all wet and soapy in the shower I'm picturing many people dropping these as they are heavy and with your hands wet the potential for drama is huge!

The shelves at Sephora were lined with the new bottles. I can't do a comparison now but I have a little something, something that I'll show you soon! It's a steal, a deal, and it comes in the new jumbo packaging! I've ordered it and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival and will of course post my review soon!

I've seen Philosophy on sale at the following Sephora stores:
Sephora SOHO
Sephora on West 34th
Sephora at the Westchester Mall
Sephora 42nd & Madison

And what's left online can be found by clicking here (maybe they'll restock)!

I haven't checked Nordies. I actually went in last night but completely forgot to drop by the Philosophy counter! But maybe they are reducing the prices at Nordies as well!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger psychoexgirlfriend said...

Sadly, here in Vancouver, Canada I have yet to see any Philosophy on sale. Do you know if it's just limited to the bath stuff or all of the Philosophy line that's on sale? I love their perfumes

December 12, 2007 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey there pyschoexgirlfriend :) Been a while since I've seen you comment :)

Hope you're well!

So far it's only the bath stuff. The bubble baths, the shower gels, handwash, hand lotions, and scrubs.

I've seen the following items:

Empowermint:
Scrub
3 in 1
Hand Lotion
Hand Wash
Bubble Bath

Grapefruit:
3 in 1
Bubblebath

Coconut:
3 in 1
Scrub
Bubble Bath

Lime:
3 in 1

Apple:
Scrub
3 in 1
Bubblebath

I believe that's basically the list.

I don't think they are revamping the perfume packaging and if they were you'd have known by now with sales. Looks like shower gels only.

Good news is that you can find quite a few steals on E-bay but have to be careful with airmail shipping.

Or maybe it'll hit sale for you shortly in Canada!

Fingers crossed!

December 12, 2007 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger psychoexgirlfriend said...

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll keep an eye out for any philosophy sales out there.

Yeah, I've been MIA - swamped with work, family, etc. I do still read your blog anyway! Just don't comment, sorry :D

December 13, 2007 at 12:28 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

does sephora ship to Canada? Maybe you can snatch some of the remains off the site?!

if you need anything give a yell and I can see what I can grab!

Aw it's ok ;) Thanks for reading!

Believe me I know swamped. This month has been nuts for me!

December 13, 2007 at 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home