Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 12, 2007

Shu's "Simple" Gift Sets

The lovely Mr Uemura has granted us three Holiday Wishes with some lovely gift sets in Simple Sophistication, Simple Glamour, and Simple Drama!

Ok..so...hate to say it....total snore for me. These aren't exactly something I need or want. Colors are really washed out and the price is a little tiny bit scary (wouldn't be that scary if the colors were a bit more vibrant).

I guess if you love really natural looks this is a great palette for you. As for me, I'm skipping 'em.

I see only four brushes pictured but I think you're getting six total brushes (ok so this is starting to sound like it's worth the price tag now!) plus you'll get a compact holding two shadows and one blush and finally a pouch to hold it all in. I might have to take back my earlier comment about it being a bit too pricey maybe this isn't so bad after all! But colors oh god the colors....can't we get something with a bit more sparkle and something more festive for the season!? I heart you Mr Uemura but I'm not so keen on washed out browns, grays, and blacks!

Simple Sophistication


Simple Glamour (Hmmm the green looks nice!)


Simple Drama


Want 'em?
Love 'em?
Tell your Muse all about it!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a gift set, I think it's not bad, especially when given to a Shu newbie, or someone who's starting out putting on makeup.

December 12, 2007 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi loey.

after seeing it came with 6 brushes I'd say it was a good deal too! I just don't like the colors much :( Wish they were a bit more festive and sparkly!

December 13, 2007 at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home