Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Sep 4, 2007

Tarte EmphasEYES High Definition Eye Pencil Review

I blogged about this previously when I happened across it in the Sephora Fall Catalog.

I was generally curious about it so I decided to take the plunge and purchase this vastly overpriced eye pencil.

Basically this is a nifty little tool for lining your waterline. I haven't tried using it on anything but my waterline as that's basically what this particularly liner is for. I guess if you wanted to get the most bang for your buck you could go ahead and line your entire eye with it but I haven't ventured onto that path. It's super skinny so I'm positive it'll make a wonderfully thin line.

The pencil itself is very slim so it fits right in all the nooks and crannies that you want it to. I struggled with it for about 10 minutes when I originally removed it from the packaging. I couldn't get the pencil to twist it up and just sat there debating whether to return it or fling it out the window as it had me so damn frustrated that it wouldn't rotate up! Finally I got it to twist up! As I said earlier I only used it for lining the waterline of my eye and it works a treat. The slimness of the pencil makes it a snap to work with it and one swipe will have your entire waterline done up quickly and easily.

On the pro side it's a great little tool to add to your beauty arsenal for making lining your delicate and sensitive inner eye area easy as 1, 2, 3. On the con side, at $18 per pencil the price just doesn't sit right.

Indeed it does make lining the waterline really a snap but not so much more than any other pencil you might have laying around such as MAC Technakohl.

So really do you need this?

I'd say no.

Have some spare cash hanging around? Grab one it's kinda sorta a nifty tool!

Overall the Muse likes it but doesn't deem it a must have!






Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home