Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 23, 2007

MAC Smoke Signals Haul

I just got in from Nordies with my little haul of MAC Smoke Signals in tow. Sadly, Blue Storm didn't make an appearance so I'll have to wait a little longer to get my hands on it.

I ended up purchasing two eyeliners, two pigments, and the two quads. I left the lippies, nail varnish, and blush, none struck me as must haves.

Overall it's a great collection! I think I got the pick of the best items and the rest are pretty much leave 'em, not need 'em. The blushes weren't anything to write home about, the nail varnish are nice but I tend to bite my nails so not too worth it for me, and the lipsticks just weren't wowing me.

The quads are a must have and the best I've seen from MAC in quite a while. All the colors work well together in these which is rare since a majority of the quads I get from MAC have colors that seem to never work well for me and I end up scratching my head trying to firgure out what sort of eye look I could possibly create with the quad.





The two liners are also must haves in my humblest of humble opinions! Raven is a deep maroon color that really will look great with Lovestone and Cranberry! Orpheus is an equally gorgeous shade.



The pigments weren't anything to get too excited about. Silver Fog is shown as Limited Edition shade but it's a normal MAC Pro item. This is exciting if you happen to not have a MAC Pro in your general area but if you do have a Pro shop it's just a snore. I picked this up as I never did bother getting it from my local Pro shop! It's definately a very nice pigment! Smoke Signals is very bizarre not sure what to do with this little guy it's a bit reddish, a bit brownish, and maybe even a tad bit purple thrown in! Not sure how this fits into the smoky eye look but count me as challenged, I aim to create a look with it. Dark Soul is a regular catalog item and not entirely worth the $20! Unless you're a collector you can do away with purchasing such a large jar of black piggie! Just stick to a sample from E-bay or forums!



If you're purchasing your lot in store be sure they give you one of the postcard booklets! It's rare they give postcards out anymore so this is a nice item if you happen to collect MAC postcards! It includes all the looks featured in the video plus some face charts on the back! And it's free! We like free stuff don't we?









Overall a nice offering from this collection!

Do check out the MAC website to see a great video of Eartha Kitt glamming it up! It so fits with the theme of this collection!

MuseTV Presents Smoke Signals (I'm sorry this one is crummy guys! I'm just a bit drained today).

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

the quad looks so yummy!!!!! i love the black!!

August 24, 2007 at 2:59 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

can't wait for you guys to get this collection and try it!

;)

August 24, 2007 at 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the palette really that good?? Which palette do you prefer? Gosh, I should pop by MAC soon.

August 26, 2007 at 11:13 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

pets,

I really love them! They are super nice!

I think the brown one I like more than the gray! But both are lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 26, 2007 at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home