Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 20, 2007

Lancome's Mystery Game Collection





Oh my the very my! The mail came on Saturday but I didn't have a chance to open it till just this very second and to my delight what was in it? Lancome's Mystery Game Collection!



I was quite excited to get my greedy, sweaty, eager little hands all over the Cube of of Destiny! I ripped open the package and behold:









I'm normally not a fan of Lancome's general cosmetic line but this was too good to pass up! I'm actually quite happy I dove right in and purchased it because it's quite a nice little conversation piece as well as usable (the sudden urge to wrap it in cotton, never use it, take it out for special occasions, pet it and tell it how pretty it is may strike at times but try to refrain and just use the damn thing! I should take my own advice shouldn't I?).

The Destiny Cube comes in two color variations Deep Fascination and Charisma. At first I thought it was one color option but there are, in fact, two color options to choose from! I purchased the darker of the two (although the overwhelming urge to buy the two colors was hard to argue with!) which is Charisma. I think it's a much better Fall look than Deep Fascination.

Deep Fascination


Charisma


I haven't touched either shadows or glosses yet so I'm unsure of texture or pigment but I'll be doing a deeper review of this later on! For now I'm just happy to take it out of it's black velvet satchel and stroke it lovingly!

The face chart included with the Cube is a nice little extra but highly exaggerated in my humblest opinion! There is no way on God's green little earth that you'll be able to create these looks with this one Cube! The colors are just off completely! In the chart the model is wearing a very lovely pink shade and shaded in with the green as a smoky look! The green shade is quite spot on but the pinkish shade you see is no where near what is available in the cube! The color is a soft lilac color and not pink at all! I feel the lip creams are off mark as well! It's a nice little item to include but the colors are way off base!



I also purchased Baume Baiser which is freaking amazing! This truly deserves a back-up! We need a case of these sent over as soon as possible! I originally read about this on the Make-Up Bag and the review was so outstanding that I had to nab this little guy for myself! This is part of the Mystery Game collection contrary to the fact that Lancome's website doesn't display it on the same pages as the Mystery Game! As Make-Up Bag said this is a highly addicting product! It contains a soft pillow of lip treatment that has a weird jello like texture and tastes like a dreamy, creamy, sweet marshmallow! It makes my lips feel absolutely soft and smooth! It's quite like the box says...kiss a pillow! This balm is perfect for application all day, under lipstick or gloss, or just by itself! Truly money well spent! I need another one!





Finally I purchased Blush Subtil Shimmer in Shimmer Pool Pink! I unknowingly purchased this only to have it arrive and realize I had already purchased this same color AGES ago! This is just a repeat that they have included with the Mystery Game color story and no reason to pick it up! Don't make the same mistake I did on this one!



Overall, Lancome's outdone their selves with this nifty little collection! I'd love to see Lancome release some more of the fun items I've seen recently! This is truly something that has the avid cosmetic collector in mind when it was created! The entire collection is very usable but the Cube is a piece you'll want to cherish!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rabbit said...

Hey Sweetie!
These look pretty! Dont forget to post many FOTDs with this.
Hugs! (^-^)

August 20, 2007 at 2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I have the Lancome Charisma Destiny Cube and the Baume Baiser too! (Also the le Magnetique nail polish- it's a must-have!). I LOVE it all. Everything you said about the Destiny Cube was spot on- I couldn't have said it better myself. You also described the Baume perfectly. I wrote a review on it at MUA. I so need a back-up of it. Doesn't it smell devine? I usually don't care for Lancome either but I had to have these little pretties.
When I bought them at Nordstrom
the Baume Baiser tester had a BITE take out of it- I kid you not. So apparantley someone thought it was good enough to eat, lol. It does smell awfully good- but I think I'll just apply mine rather than give it a taste. :P

I think I might start to really love Lancome if they continue to make fun collections like this in the future.

Thanks for the great review on this- I think a lot of other people wil be inclined to try it now. They should as these are must-haves!

Sincerely,
Sarah

August 20, 2007 at 6:31 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe thanks eru! I sure will ;)

HEY Sarah! I was going to purchase the awesome nail polish too but I nibble my nails way to often and it would be a waste! I loved the cute design it creates on the nails ;) I had my nails done last week and had to rip the buggers off they drove me bats!

Aw thanks! Glad you liked the short review I did of it ;) I'd love to read yours you'll have to email me your user id on MUA!

So FUNNY! When I originally seen the set it was at a Nordie's counter and the Baume Baiser had a big old chunk taken out! I guess it's so addicting everyone wants to take a nibble lol! I was tempted once or twice myself ;) I'll try hard to refrain!

I'm kinda sorta shocked at the lovely little bits Lancome has popping up lately! Pretty impressive! Some of the palettes are kinda nice as well lately! If they do more like the Mystery Game collection I'll be all over it like a bee on honey! Truly a nice little color collection!

Do send me some pics for the new blog entry I'm doing on stashes! I'd love to see your Mystery Game Haul ;)


Thanks for visiting and commenting! Made my day!

August 20, 2007 at 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baume Baiser really that good? Guess I should check it out here then! ;)

August 22, 2007 at 4:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

totally loving it pets!

It's really nice stuff ;)

I need a backup for sure!

August 23, 2007 at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home