Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 28, 2007

MuseTV Presents: Fall Collection Haul

'ello there!

I was lucky enough to get a delightful little package in the mail of which contained the Fall Japanese goodies!

I did a video blog of 'em for you guys! I've added in pics as well and will be doing reviews and Face of the Days pics very soon!

MuseTV Presents: Fall Collection Haul:









Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures :( I normally take photos with my trusty Kodak DX6490. I decided that I'd go with cute and super portable so I purchased a Sony Cyber Shot T20 this past week! I was excited to have a smaller cam to use for taking pics for my blog and just generally toting around for small shots here and there!

My DX6490 is only 4MP's has a virtually no ISO so the T20 was quite appealing at 8MP with an obscene ISO, HD output, onscreen editing, and a tons of other bells and whistles.

Upon getting it in the mail I flipped out at how cute it was. I proceeded to try some Face of the Day pics plus some additional variety, random shots and.........it's crap. I strongly suggest not bothering! I've just now finished wrapping it up and it's going right back for a full return! I am astounded at the crap quality of the pics! Everything had a weird orange tinge too it plus the ISO had a setting of 300 because anything more would cause some mega crap quality photos!

Do tell me whatcha think of these pics taken with the cybershot as compared to my older pics in my blog taken with my trusty kodak!

I've been sorely tempted to purchase a Nikon D40 but can't justify the cost for a hobbyist like myself. It'd be far different if I had a family with children and such but just to purchase the D40 for hobby shots of cosmetics, some vacation photos, and random shots seems just a silly purchase really! I adore photography but the general idea of the D40 seems a spoiled indulgence on my part!

Anyway!

On to the pics :)

New Lavashuca Palettes




Older Lavshuca Palette, New Color!


New Lavshuca Glosses




Lavshuca Glitter Mascara


MJ Honey Plump Glosses


MJ Fall Eyeshadows


New MJ Mascara and Neo Lash Expander


MJ Fall Collection Glosses


MJ Fall Collection Eyeliners


KATE Fall Shadow Collection


KATE Gel Eyeliners


KATE Dual Carat Eyeshadow


Kiss Lipgloss


Maqulliage Pressed Powder








Visee Eyeshadow Palette


Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger wen said...

hi~

i've been reading your blog,been lemming for those much-raved majolica majorca mascaras, and i finally got them from hk recently!

YAYS~
=x
hahaha. thanks for introducing them on your blog!
i finally found a great mascara that wont smudge even after running around in the hot humid weather!
*beams*

btw, ive got one of those macara base from MM, the white tube..
and. im wondering what are they for!
would you tell me what are they for, and how to use them? as ive nv used a base before.. hehehe.
got carried away the moment i saw these products!

January 22, 2008 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi Wen!

Sorry about my rather delayed reply to this comment :)

YAY!

I'm so chuffed you love the mascara! It's the best! I truly love it and it's a fav of mine ;)

That's a primer. You use it prior to your mascara to plump your lashes up further :) It's also a good conditioner for your lashes and helps with breakage!

Curl your lashes, apply the primer from the white tube, and then apply your mascara :)

Poof! beautiful lashes ;)

I'm so happy you're enjoying MJ! It's a fav brand of mine!

I see you live in 'pore! They have MJ at Sasa :) It's a bit more expensive but at least it's available ;)

Also smaller drugstores carry it too I think!??!

btw I love your blog! It's enlightening!

Hugs!

January 23, 2008 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger wen said...

hi muse!
haha, yes i live in spore.
it's so hot and humid here most of the time, so mascaras like maybelline n loreal nv worked for me.
it smudges all the time, and i'll be all panda-eyed. gross. plus, ive got oil eyelids as well. the smudges drive me nuts!
it sucks when u have to keep checking for smudges!

tt's why im soooo impressed by MM!
no smudges!
tho ive nv tried many mascaras, i'll say MM's like the god of mascaras. lol~

oh ive nv seen MM in the smaller drugstores. for sasa, im not sure. it's always so crowded when i go there, i cant find anything. -__-;;

ok thanks! im gonna try the base soon then. didnt know it conditions our lashes. interesting!

*hugs*
=))

January 26, 2008 at 3:02 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi wen!

Awesome :) I hope to visit singapore one day :) I hear you guys are the happiest people in the world ;) I have quite a few online friends from Singapore ;)

Aw! :( My sister suffers from oily lids and around the eye area so her liner and mascara smudges constantly!

I agree 100%! Truly it's a gem! it's so good!

Sasa sells online as well but I never noticed if they had the mascara just the shadows and blushes and some palettes! Not sure instore as we don't have Sasa here aside from online access!

It does indeed work as a conditioner! makes my lashes very soft! and of course the lengthening agent is great!

Hugs back!

Sorry for taking so long to reply ;)

January 28, 2008 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger wen said...

hi muse~
haha it's ok, hope u're feeling better now!
im not sure if it's just spore or sth, but when most of us get a sore throat, we'll drink honey water with a few drops of lime/lemon juice.
just in case ur throat isnt any better, u could try this! =)

haha, im not sure either, cos i went sasa on tues, didnt manage to find any MM products.
but hk's sasa has them.

oh! and i tried the base, it kinda magnifies the clumps! o.0!!
haa, actually without the base, the mascara clumps on me too =(
even after dapping the wand on a tissue. hmmhmm. oh well.
i'd rather have clumps than smudges anw. haha.

February 1, 2008 at 11:04 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey wen!

good to see ya darling!

I'm much better thanks!

I drank a WHOLE lot of lemon tea with honey and it helped :)

Thanks for the tips :) Next time I'm sick I'll definately keep it in mind *mwah*

Look online as sasa.com has a few MJ products :)

Aw sorry to hear it's clumping :( have you tried curling prior to application!? I find that helps!

I'd rather have clumps then smudges too hehe!

I'm going to review the KATE gel mascara shortly and that may help with your clumping as it has a good applicator to prevent clumps!

Hugs!

February 4, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home