Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 28, 2007

About the Muse

Who is this Muse girl anyway?



Around the Internet I'm simply known as the Muse. A Muse of makeup maybe..the Muse in Musings perhaps?

Could be anything.

Who am I really?

I'm just an average, everyday, general cosmetic junkie that plans to take over the world. You can join me and my minions on our quest for cosmetic nirvana by reading my uber awesome, fabulous blog!

In all seriousness..........

I'm a 30 year old, native New Yorker. Born, Bred, and Raised in this little city (but traveled far from home on many a fine occasion seeking new and exciting beauty products from distant lands...it's true just check my blog for reviews on products you may have never heard of!).

Contrary to popular belief I do not work in the fashion or cosmetic industry, far from it.

When I'm not moonlighting as the Editor here at Musings (Wow! Editor sounds so bloody important doesn't it?) I have a real job, in the real world as an Insurance Broker, underwriting commercial and personal policies. I own and operate my own office with my older sister and together we are a legend in our own minds (I'm positive other people think we are legendary as well but I haven't met one yet! If I do I'll let you know!).

I also enjoy pina coladas and getting caught in the rain....



When I'm not posting tons of reviews, testing new products, and playing around in the comment box with my awesome readers you can find me at some high end counter looking for the next awesome cosmetic find.

I'm also a geek and come with all the excess baggage geeks come with such as attending crazy conventions, playing stupid amounts of WoW, reading manga, and watching Star Trek and Doctor Who reruns.

In my spare time I love shopping, eating out, going to the movies, and enjoying good times with my friends (Hey, I live in the city that never sleeps! We got plenty of awesome entertainment options here!).

I'm a huge lover of literature, indie and foreign films and could possibly be more passionate about these than cosmetics. Whoa.

I adore traveling and have been to many great and exotic places! I'm a big lover of Japanese, Korean, and British popular culture.

Ok, ok enough about me...I feel like I'm on a dating site here....

Something you're dying to know about little, old, boring me?

E-mail or comment! I'll happily provide the deets!

Still not satisfied? Click for a bit more about the Muse!

Learn 250 Things about me by clicking here!