Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 4, 2008

Kiss Spring Collection 2008: Chocolatier Collection Review with FOTD

It's that time of the year again kids!

It's time for the newest Spring Collections that are popping up in stores since as early as the beginning of January!

Many beautiful products await my review this week and I have a ton of new items to review, discuss, and show you guys!

I'm going to launch my week of review with Kiss's newest Spring Collection entitled Chocolatier which is a small, yet beautiful collection of goodies! I'm not sure you can call this an official Spring release as it only consists of a palette and two lipglosses however the quality more than makes up for the quantity! You can click here to read my original post about this line up!







I originally thought I'd just want the Mocha Chocolate gloss but since my obsession with pink gloss has set in I decided to get both glosses (CLICK! to read about my need for pink gloss!).





I'll start my review off by setting in on the glosses! I was shocked to learn that these are flavored glosses as normally Japanese glosses are tasteless however these are flavored and beautifully so might I add! The pink gloss carries the beautiful flavor of strawberry ice cream while the brown gloss carries the flavor of Chocolate Mocha! Neither lacks an artificial taste or smell! They both taste wonderful and the smell is simply to die for, very much like the real thing! This flavor plays a redeeming role in my review since I'm not particularly a fan of the texture on these. The gloss is a bit tacky and sticky which is a deal breaker for me however since they smell and taste so wonderful I forgive the formula. I'm not thrilled with the way these apply either. I find they apply a bit streaky so you really have to layer it on to get good decent coverage! However, even though the formula stinks and the application is crummy once it's on it looks rather great! This morning I wore the pink. I couldn't wear it alone since it's rather sheer however with a tiny bit of Stila Cherry Crush I found the color really looked great. The pink color really popped and although I'm not a fan of such a mod pink I thought it looked rather nice! Sadly, since I'm licking my lips constantly to taste it I'm not sure how long it'll last on! The formula happens to be very thick and in the running with a MAC lipglass so it's safe to say once you apply enough of this it should last you a few hours! Overall, I really do like these and I'm pleased to have purchased both!

Chocolate Mocha




Strawberry




Next up, our eye palette!

The eye palette has me yearning for brown mascara this morning as I used it. Why? Because brown mascara would have went so well with the beautiful shades of pink and brown! The shadows in this are a pale pink, a dark mauve pink, a sandy beige pink, and a deep chocolate brown liner. These are pigmented enough to create a beautiful, natural look! I have a few Kiss palettes but this could make it's way onto my favorite list shortly! The colors aren't exactly Spring but they are natural so it's very user friendly for all the seasons! I'm particular fond of the beautiful smoked eye look that the chocolate liner creates. All four colors just work so have no fear that you'll end up with a palette that leaves you puzzled or clueless how to use it. The colors just go together and work well to give you a perfect pink look with a lovely underlay of brown thus the name of the collection comes into play as it reminds me of a Strawberry Sundae with Chocolate syrup on top!





To begin my application I used the pale pink shade as a wash of color over my entire eye area from upper brow area all the way to my lid! The diagram suggests applying this particular color on the center of your eye area so I paid special attention to apply it the middle of my lid as per the recommendation of the packaging however I did find that once I applied the deeper pink it washed out the pale color! After this I proceeded to use sandy beige color to highlight my high brown area taking care to blend downwards. After this I used the darkest pink shade on my lid and crease area and completed the look by applying the dark chocolate liner to my upper and lower lash line. I also used a bit of the palest pink on my bottom lash line to brighten up my eye area. I was very, very light with the chocolate brown on my bottom lash line since I find that brown shades on the lower part of my eye makes me appear a bit tired and washed out!

Overall, I really love the look the palette and the gloss created together!

To create the look below I simply used the Chocolatier Palette plus the Strawberry Gloss! I think brown mascara would have really made the look POP! but I only own black so I ended up using the new KATE Gel Mascara which I'll be reviewing tomorrow for you! Apologies for all the photos but I was so in lust with the palette I ended up cam whoring big time!























I highly recommend nabbing the entire collection for yourself as it's a beautiful lot of goodies to have!

The Kiss Chocolatier Collection is most definately Muse Approved for purchase!

Want this for yourself?
Already have it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Sminkan said...

Looking good! I do have a thing for chocolate browns!
The colours are awsome on you!

February 4, 2008 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks sminkan ;)

*mwah*

me too lately! I'm loving browns and such!

Thanks!!!!!!!!

February 4, 2008 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Minou said...

Oh no! I planned on skipping this but your pics have stirred my lemmings anew!

February 4, 2008 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger Haru said...

Hey Izzie,

I love the packaging of the whole collection! Pity the lipglosses don't apply that well but the eyeshadow palette looks gorgeous! I think I may need to get a CP of it. I really like the blush that you're wearing in the pics too :-)

February 4, 2008 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger MsLanie said...

you look here with these colors! i like your cheek bones! great for blushes!!

February 5, 2008 at 3:11 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Minou!

LOL! ;) It's really a nice little collection :)

I love the palette particularly!

February 5, 2008 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hey Iris *MWAH MWAH*

Me too! The eyeshadow palette is the star of the show. I like the glosses well enough but I'm not loving how I have to goop it on :( Oh well!

Oh thank you! It's a Shu blush :)

I was curious what they used on the promo image model! I was trying to get that same flush!

It really is a nice little collection! I think you'll be pleased with the shadow palette! Very cute!

*hugs*

February 5, 2008 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi mrslanie :)

Thanks so much! *blush*

February 5, 2008 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry for the lame question, but where did you manage to get a hold of Japanese makeup products? I'm in the US, and I can't seem to find a link if you linked it.

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures!

April 14, 2008 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi lui

a friend of mine lives in tokyo and purchases them for me and ships them over via airmail.

There are a few places to buy them online but sadly the prices are quite a deal higher. If you don't mind the high cost I can recommend some sites.

Let me know!

April 14, 2008 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Piece of Cake said...

wow! that chocolate palettes are to die for. And you look absolutely fab!

April 15, 2008 at 1:06 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey piece of cake ;) How are you!?

I must say kiss did a fine job with this palette!

Aw thanks :) Appreciate it!

*hugs*

April 15, 2008 at 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I want the chocolate lip essence! It seems so yummy, have u tried?

February 27, 2009 at 1:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi amiracle!

sorry for the delayed reply

yes it's gorgeous isn't it :-D

March 4, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home